Sponsored

Fog Light Anomaly?

Sgtgrunt

Member
First Name
John
Joined
Jul 21, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
9
Reaction score
5
Location
Long Island New York
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XL 4x4 2.3L
Occupation
Retired
I recently noticed that when the truck is running and I turn the wheel to the right the fog light on that side comes on and turning left the that one comes on. When the steering is centered they are both off. The lights do not appear to be at full brightness when this happens. This was noticed with the headlights on Auto, during a bright sunny day. The DRLs stay lit and the headlights stay off when the Fog lights come on .

I understand that my truck has electric power steering assist, could there be a connection between the two systems?

Anybody else have this happen to them?

My Vehicle is a 2024 Ranger XLT 4X4 2.3L w/12000 miles.
Sponsored

 

alrashid2

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 4, 2026
Threads
57
Messages
493
Reaction score
327
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Ranger XLT (2.7L V6)
It's supposed to do that! It's a cool feature that provides additional cornering light when turning. If you turn your foglights on then both just stay on regardless of steering wheel position
 

ShadowDragon24

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tyler
Joined
Apr 20, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
664
Reaction score
621
Location
Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger XLT Fx4
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I disabled that crap in FORScan. but its the cornering lamps. The non led projector trucks (halogen/led reflector)use the fogs, the projector trucks have a cornering lamp in the headlight.

Ford Ranger Fog Light Anomaly? Screenshot_20260915_082654_Adobe Acrobat
 

fordc51

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jim
Joined
Jun 6, 2024
Threads
35
Messages
180
Reaction score
72
Location
Cumming, Ga
Vehicle(s)
93 f150, 2025 ranger xl
Occupation
Retired
I just recently discovered this on my 25 xl
I thought it was only available on upper trims. Its just implemented differently, via the projector head lights from what I understand.

Cool feature.
 

Sponsored

stemplar

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2023
Threads
19
Messages
806
Reaction score
1,169
Location
Pennsylvania
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Lariat 2.7
I just recently discovered this on my 25 xl
I thought it was only available on upper trims. Its just implemented differently, via the projector head lights from what I understand.

Cool feature.
Yes, the raptors and lariats (‘24 and ‘25) with projector headlights have a dedicated cornering lamp built in, while the xl, xlt, and ‘26 lariats with reflector headlamps light one fog lamp in low speed corners.
 
 







Top