Sponsored

Front Tow Hook Cutouts

haroldd1963

New Member
First Name
Harold
Joined
Jul 19, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
1
Reaction score
2
Location
Spring Valley, IL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Retires
Please read this entire post, so this doesn’t happen to you!
So, today I decided to do some work around my property using my 2025 Ranger XLT 4X4. I had removed a chain link fence a couple of weeks ago, and needed to pull the posts. After pulling a few out, which was no problem for the truck, I had to unhook my tug strap from the front tow hook to reposition the truck, It was then that I noticed that the screw used to hold the clevice to the tow hook was scratching up the bumper right above the tow hook opening.
I was taught to always attach a crevice by inserting the screw from the top.
Ford should make the openings a little larger so this won’t happen.
Here are pictures showing the damage, and how it happened.
Also, pictures showing how I will attach them from now on!

Ford Ranger Front Tow Hook Cutouts IMG_7945


Ford Ranger Front Tow Hook Cutouts IMG_7946


Ford Ranger Front Tow Hook Cutouts IMG_7947


Ford Ranger Front Tow Hook Cutouts IMG_7948
Sponsored

 

CaptAngry

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2022
Threads
13
Messages
437
Reaction score
710
Location
Denver, CO
Vehicle(s)
2026 RRaptor
Occupation
Space Engineer
I stopped using steel shackles years ago. Soft shackles only…

Ford Ranger Front Tow Hook Cutouts IMG_0120
 

Sponsored

alrashid2

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 4, 2026
Threads
57
Messages
500
Reaction score
332
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Ranger XLT (2.7L V6)
Ugh! Thanks for the heads up. I wouldn't have thought anything of it either. And unlike what others are saying, I'll always use steel shackles and hooks.
 

superj

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Feb 8, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
4,019
Reaction score
3,884
Location
Corpus christi texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 ford ranger, 2019 wrangler, 2018 mazda3
Occupation
Retired
We also use steel shackles and hooks. No particular reason other then that is what we have.
 

CaptAngry

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2022
Threads
13
Messages
437
Reaction score
710
Location
Denver, CO
Vehicle(s)
2026 RRaptor
Occupation
Space Engineer
 







Top