• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Fuel Guage incorrect display

Crow-VI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford RRaptor, VW Tiguan R
Hi all,

Have a 23RR since Nov, and can't say that I've had any issues except this one.

Went for a bit of dube bashing a couple of weeks ago, and after the trip when fuelling up, the guage only goes to 3/4, or a bit beyond.

Have fuelled up at least 3 times since, and driven it 80km past the guage saying 0km left.

My question is, is there a way to reset the cluster without going into the dealer?

Additionally and off topic, when trying to register the car on fordpass, it says the vehicle is in fleet mode, but admittedly, the app is not supported in the region yet.

2023 RR
UAE region
18.5k km

Any help will be appreciated
Sponsored

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vey odd that the calibration has been lost. It could be a mechanical issue (problem with the fuel sender unit) or it could be software related - if so you could try taking a look at ForScan which is a program for interacting with your Ford via the OBD2 port. People are fitting long range tanks and recalibrating the system to account for the additional capacity in the tank so it is definitely possible to change things there.

I think my RR may have a problem with the fuel gauge as well... Shortly after filling up and driving a short distance the fuel gauge reads empty again and I need to fill it up again!

borfoo3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Raptor, 2015 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Engineer
Hi all,

Have a 23RR since Nov, and can't say that I've had any issues except this one.

Went for a bit of dube bashing a couple of weeks ago, and after the trip when fuelling up, the guage only goes to 3/4, or a bit beyond.

Have fuelled up at least 3 times since, and driven it 80km past the guage saying 0km left.

My question is, is there a way to reset the cluster without going into the dealer?

Additionally and off topic, when trying to register the car on fordpass, it says the vehicle is in fleet mode, but admittedly, the app is not supported in the region yet.

2023 RR
UAE region
18.5k km

Any help will be appreciated

Im having the exact same problem starting last week.

Went dune bashing and offroading in Saudi then filled up to 3/4 fuel gauge reading and it stops filling up..

I overfilled the fuel tank several different times throughout the trip thinking there might have been some air stuck and barely got the needle to 7/8 full on the fuel gauge. I know the tank is physically full no doubt.

Need Fords help on this.

2023 Ranger Raptor
13.8k km
Kuwait

OP
OP
Crow-VI

Crow-VI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford RRaptor, VW Tiguan R
Im having the exact same problem starting last week.

Went dune bashing and offroading in Saudi then filled up to 3/4 fuel gauge reading and it stops filling up..

I overfilled the fuel tank several different times throughout the trip thinking there might have been some air stuck and barely got the needle to 7/8 full on the fuel gauge. I know the tank is physically full no doubt.

Need Fords help on this.

2023 Ranger Raptor
13.8k km
Kuwait
Hi,

My issue was eventually resolved by the dealer replacing the fuel tank as a whole, as they could not pinpoint the issue.
All parameters, including the fuel sending unit, were good, and they suspect that the tank was no longer sealing adequately.

The replacement was fully covered under warranty; I hope they can do the same in your case.

borfoo3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Raptor, 2015 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Engineer
Hi,

My issue was eventually resolved by the dealer replacing the fuel tank as a whole, as they could not pinpoint the issue.
All parameters, including the fuel sending unit, were good, and they suspect that the tank was no longer sealing adequately.

The replacement was fully covered under warranty; I hope they can do the same in your case.
The dealer resolved my issue.

Turns out to be a faulty fuel sender unit. Fuel sender and fuel pump are one unit and were fully replaced under warranty. Issue is gone for now.
Sponsored