• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

GM unveils the 2024 Canyon AT4X AEV Edition

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/g...nt/Pages/news/us/en/2023/jul/0706-canyon.html

• 35-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires with an additional AEV in-bed vertical spare tire mount
  • Updated front fascia and larger fender flares to enable larger, wider tracks and ultra-high, best in class 12.2-inch ground clearance1
  • 4.5-inch (114mm) factory-installed lift — 1.5-inch (38mm) more than the Canyon AT4X
  • Heavy-duty, AEV stamped-steel front and rear bumpers with heavy duty recovery points and winch capable front bumper
  • Five ultra-high strength, hot-stamped boron steel skid plates (positioned along the radiator, steering gear, transmission and transfer case, fuel tank and rear differential) for optimized underbody protection
  • The addition of three standard auxiliary control switches which enable the integration of off-road and overlanding accessories.
  • Exclusive AEV beadlock-capable Salta wheels
  • AEV branding across the vehicle, including on bumpers, embroidered head restraints and all-weather floor liners

I wonder if this is GM getting nervous that the Raptor had such a lead for the offroad enthusiasts. I still don't see this impacting RR sales much but it's always good to see competition.
Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
https://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/g...nt/Pages/news/us/en/2023/jul/0706-canyon.html

• 35-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires with an additional AEV in-bed vertical spare tire mount
  • Updated front fascia and larger fender flares to enable larger, wider tracks and ultra-high, best in class 12.2-inch ground clearance1
  • 4.5-inch (114mm) factory-installed lift — 1.5-inch (38mm) more than the Canyon AT4X
  • Heavy-duty, AEV stamped-steel front and rear bumpers with heavy duty recovery points and winch capable front bumper
  • Five ultra-high strength, hot-stamped boron steel skid plates (positioned along the radiator, steering gear, transmission and transfer case, fuel tank and rear differential) for optimized underbody protection
  • The addition of three standard auxiliary control switches which enable the integration of off-road and overlanding accessories.
  • AEV branding across the vehicle, including on bumpers, embroidered head restraints and all-weather floor liners

I wonder if this is GM getting nervous that the Raptor had such a lead for the offroad enthusiasts. I still don't see this impacting RR sales much but it's always good to see competition.
This is basically just the GMC version of the ZR2 Bison so it’s not really new, just a different brand. It will still have the inline 4 with ~300 HP.

In my eyes, yes it is a competitor to the RRaptor but also it isn’t. What I see in the AEV version of the Twins is simply something more suitable for trail riding out of the box. Whereas the RRaptor is more suitable for high speed desert type driving. Both trucks can do both things but they’re just intended for different activities.

For me personally, I don’t have a desert near me but it’s a daily driver and I have a heavy right foot. So the extra HP is the must have feature. But if I were more inclined to do trail riding, the AEV twins offer a compelling option of almost everything you’d want to do aftermarket but with the benefit of a factory warranty.

Everybody has different preferences so there’s no such thing as a “best” truck in this category.

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
Won't get my order but that is a really good looking truck with no shortage of capability. Wonder what pricing will be since we still haven't seen it for the ZR2 Bison... I'm betting the GMC gets very close to the $70k mark.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)

If they could get that spare 35 to fit under the truck instead of taking up half the bed, I might be tempted by it.

Sponsored

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger

Not sure how much it'll impact RR sales specifically, but for the mid-size truck segment, I will absolutely try to test drive one before buying anything else. In fact, I'll test drive the new Tacoma and RR before deciding on anything. This new GM looks good and I'm sure will be formidable offroad an on.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Not sure how much it'll impact RR sales specifically, but for the mid-size truck segment, I will absolutely try to test drive one before buying anything else. In fact, I'll test drive the new Tacoma and RR before deciding on anything. This new GM looks good and I'm sure will be formidable offroad an on.
I'm good with sticking with my RRaptor order.

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
If going by the AT4X price is any indication, it will be around $70k.
I just like the look. If it drives as good, they may have a new customer. Hard to say at this point. Perhaps the Tacoma has improved significantly as well. Lot's of solid choices for mid-sized trucks can only be a good thing for consumers.
Sponsored