• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

ulev1st

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC FX4 ,2012 F250 Lariat FX4, 2017 Shelby GT350, 14 Ford Focus
Occupation
Retire Marine and Refinery Operator
Saw the local dealer post that the ordering banks opened today. I made my way down and ordered a new truck that my grandson and I are gonna have fun with and make a project and personalize it. By the time he's old enough to drive I will give him the keys to a well maintaned, good looking, low miles, in family, one owner Ranger to drive in high school.
Sponsored

Attachments

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys Gladiator
Got my order in as well.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Is this for the pre-facelift Gen5 Ranger? I haven't heard anything yet officially from Ford on the US-spec Gen6 Ranger.

-SG

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
i ordered but have a question or need guidance. I want the tremor package and the higher 501A package. i created this truck on the 22 configurator and have seen an actual monroni with the combo (for 22).

the dealer is insisting it won't let him order the 501A saying he gets an error that it isnt available on my selection. I've tried to explain that i have had the same issue with configurator before. If you try and order the tech package first as a separate item the system won't allow the 501A. but if you don't select the tech package the system will allow the 501A to be ordered.

it is important to me as you lose features without the 501A. i am upset learning it isnt the new design but it's been a year in waiting and sold my 350 dually king ranch so am without vehicle. i can't afford it and probably my last vehicle. never get new and don't want to screw this up.

i'm hoping someone more knowledgeable can give feedback and support since i can't access the 2023 order system to prove my point.

also i had read the orange was going to be a new color but now told it isn't available. not certain on color. they put down cactus grey but i havent seen the choices.

sorry, i'm rambing at 0330 hrs. can anyone verify for me the 501A (higher end package) can be added to the tremor package (don't select the tech package 1st).

Sponsored

Cabostu

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 24 Ranger Lariat FX4/Azure
Occupation
Real Estate
Saw the local dealer post that the ordering banks opened today. I made my way down and ordered a new truck that my grandson and I are gonna have fun with and make a project and personalize it. By the time he's old enough to drive I will give him the keys to a well maintaned, good looking, low miles, in family, one owner Ranger to drive in high school.
Ordered mine yesterday as well! Good luck to us and all the other anxious and hopeful order placers :) !

Cabostu

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate
Hi I had the exact same experience! I ordered a carbonize gray 23 Ranger trimmer to which I wanted to add 501A with many important features I was hoping for. The configurator did not allow this and I was left ordering a Ranger trimmer with package 500A so in essence I will miss push button start, B & O stereo, and many options I wanted. I am disappointed but I wanted to get my order in. Perhaps in the future they will let us modify if these features become available. Good luck to everyone who placed orders this week

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
I wish I had access to the 23 configure. I can say the 22 configure that is on the web site will allow the 501a so long as you do not order the tech package first. (Since the tech pack is part of 501A.

I did get an email today from the dealer that said they spoke to Ford rep and was told ford is not yet ready to release the 501A package .

The Message says I can put the order on hold till they release it but there us no idea when that could be.

I don't know what to do. If the order can be changed any time until a vin gets assigned one could leave it and gamble on a release. Otherwise it would need to go on hold and lose your place.

I am not willing to give up the 501A features.

To me it's compromise enough to continue as an old model when I was told it would be the new model. I wanted the rear seat vents, heated wheel and 12" screen along with some other things I'm forgetting.

I can't think of any other options though for a vehicle and I don't want to wait another year.

Thank you for speaking on the 501A delay as I have been questioning the information.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi I had the exact same experience! I ordered a carbonize gray 23 Ranger trimmer to which I wanted to add 501A with many important features I was hoping for. The configurator did not allow this and I was left ordering a Ranger trimmer with package 500A so in essence I will miss push button start, B & O stereo, and many options I wanted. I am disappointed but I wanted to get my order in. Perhaps in the future they will let us modify if these features become available. Good luck to everyone who placed orders this week
FYI push button start is standard on the 500A. This is what is what is included with the 501A.

Ford Ranger Got a 2023 Ranger ordered today on first day of order bank opening! 4E0F6C1E-8075-459C-AB77-8447F78058B1

For me the only things I would want would be rain sensing wipers and remote start. I don't like the upgraded cluster and the B&O would be a waste because I can upgrade stock for cheaper.

Garman19

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Titanium Fusion
Occupation
Retired
But these are not the new gen 6 rangers, people must want last year of the old design? Has the 23 updated from the 22"s?

Sponsored

19rngr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Went to order a 2023 today. The order bank is constrained if you want to order a 501A, FX4 or Sport Appearance package. So we are back to taking a 2022 Ranger which has all these features and was built last week.

Cabostu

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate
But these are not the new gen 6 rangers, people must want last year of the old design? Has the 23 updated from the 22"s?
Unless I've been completely turned around these new 23 Ranger orders are the new body with the step in the bumper and the 12" screen. I waited six months for this order to open. I can buy a 22 any day of the week now in SoCal. Hope I'm not completely confused...

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
I regret to say that is incorrect. Despite all the articles and statements we've heard.
Yes the order bank is open. No it is not for the new design as many of us were led to believe. The 23 that we can order now is the same design and same truck as the 22 that people have been buying and enjoying. They are not the new design you speak of that we see in the Phillipines and Australian reviews with the rear bumper step, 12 inch screen, rear seat vents, heated wheel, wireless Android and carplay, wireless Android, sorry, I went overboard on some of those items though I believe they are also in the new design which we are not getting. I imagine the articles that said it will be the new design will start disappearing or back pedaling. .
Apologies if I sound pissed off and bitter. I do have order confirmation for a 23 old design. I will not follow through . In addition to old design the order is also constrained so we cannot order configured as we want. In my case I cannot get the 301A (think that's the package) . I wanted this with the tremor.
Others mention being constrained with some other desirable old design packages.

I did recently see a walk-around on a beautiful new design 23 wild trek in Philippines in a beautiful orange color. We are not getting that in the US if A. Ya know. The place that is home of Ford.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless I've been completely turned around these new 23 Ranger orders are the new body with the step in the bumper and the 12" screen. I waited six months for this order to open. I can buy a 22 any day of the week now in SoCal. Hope I'm not completely confused...
This has been discussed many times already. The 2023 order banks just opened for the last run of the Gen 5 Ranger. The Gen 6 has not even been revealed for the US yet. The Gen 6 will either be a 2023.5 or more than likely a 2024.

Cabostu

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate
I regret to say that is incorrect. Despite all the articles and statements we've heard.
Yes the order bank is open. No it is not for the new design as many of us were led to believe. The 23 that we can order now is the same design and same truck as the 22 that people have been buying and enjoying. They are not the new design you speak of that we see in the Phillipines and Australian reviews with the rear bumper step, 12 inch screen, rear seat vents, heated wheel, wireless Android and carplay, wireless Android, sorry, I went overboard on some of those items though I believe they are also in the new design which we are not getting. I imagine the articles that said it will be the new design will start disappearing or back pedaling. .
Apologies if I sound pissed off and bitter. I do have order confirmation for a 23 old design. I will not follow through . In addition to old design the order is also constrained so we cannot order configured as we want. In my case I cannot get the 301A (think that's the package) . I wanted this with the tremor.
Others mention being constrained with some other desirable old design packages.

I did recently see a walk-around on a beautiful new design 23 wild trek in Philippines in a beautiful orange color. We are not getting that in the US if A. Ya know. The place that is home of Ford.
This is a huge shock! I have to now cancel the order. I can buy exactly what I ordered today With no wait. Ridiculous- the dealer didn't advise of this and even had me wait to order. Feeling pretty foolish rn. Thanks all
Sponsored