• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
I typically don't care much for aftermarket power improvements but Herrod Performance has developed a Ford-backed package for Australia that improves power by 60kW (80hp) and 200Nm (150ft-lb) at the hubs. A very strong improvement over stock that apparently doesn't void the powertrain warranty. Hopefully we get something similar in the states!

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/power-boost-for-ford-ranger-raptor-142033/

Ford Ranger Herrod Power Boost for Ranger Raptor (Australia) + 60kW (80hp) / 200Nm (150ft-lb) herrod-performance-ford-ranger-raptor-power-pack-3
Sponsored

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
I'd be very surprised if that does indeed maintain the factory warranty. The 10R60 is rated for 443lb-ft. Sending 615 torques through the slushbox makes me itchy.

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
I'd be very surprised if that does indeed maintain the factory warranty. The 10R60 is rated for 443lb-ft. Sending 615 torques through the slushbox makes me itchy.
It maintains that Herrod will cover the claim if it’s determined to be caused by their tune.

Input torque ratings are extremely arbitrary in that they’re ratings from the extremes, mainly heat. The more power you put in the more heat it outputs due to energy conversion. It’s also based on expected usage of the vehicle. Yes the 10R60 has a paper rating but it’s not exactly absolute. Hence why the Bronco Raptor has an oil to air cooler inline of the normal oil to water cooler. Extra heat caused during the extremes of its purpose.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Almost all computer controller transmissions today limit torque in the critical gears, such as 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd. This will be no different.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Mine's a first gen diesel Raptor, it only does burnouts on dirt or in the rain :LOL:

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
It maintains that Herrod will cover the claim if it’s determined to be caused by their tune.

Input torque ratings are extremely arbitrary in that they’re ratings from the extremes, mainly heat. The more power you put in the more heat it outputs due to energy conversion. It’s also based on expected usage of the vehicle. Yes the 10R60 has a paper rating but it’s not exactly absolute. Hence why the Bronco Raptor has an oil to air cooler inline of the normal oil to water cooler. Extra heat caused during the extremes of its purpose.
Looks like they include a new transmission cooler in the package as well.
Sponsored