• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

HoosierT's Lightning Blue Ranger Build

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
My lift height is 2.75” in the front and 1.5” in the rear. That’s assuming proper values from the manufacturers. I can get you measurement from center of wheel to fender if you need.
Sponsored

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
My lift height is 2.75” in the front and 1.5” in the rear. That’s assuming proper values from the manufacturers. I can get you measurement from center of wheel to fender if you need.
If you could that would be awesome! So the only place of concern is the fender lining? Do you have good clearance in full lock on the frame?

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
HoosierT, looking at the same winch, bumper setup, hows the install going, curious about the fit and installation difficultly, appreciate any pictures and feedback you can give..
Jake

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HoosierT, looking at the same winch, bumper setup, hows the install going, curious about the fit and installation difficultly, appreciate any pictures and feedback you can give..
Jake
Hey Jake, aside from the heavy weight, install was super easy. Head on back to post 66 in this thread if you haven't seen the final pics. I had two guys there to hold the bumper in place while I lined up the bolts to the frame and ran the nut on. By FAR the most challenging part of this install (for me) was getting the darn parking sensors installed into the bumper. For some reason it's just really difficult to get them all lined up and snapped in properly. Also, don't make the same mistake I did and install the winch first. It blocked the front passenger parking sensor so i had to remove the winch to put the sensor in.
Lastly, for anyone with OEM LED fog lights, the brackets that Warn provided only allow them to mount upside down. These lights aren't symmetrical so having them upside down literally has the fogs beaming into the trees. After sending them pictures, Warn engineers have acknowledged the issue and are reworking the brackets so I'll have a new set as soon as they're done. Just don't have functional fog light until then.

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Jake, aside from the heavy weight, install was super easy. Head on back to post 66 in this thread if you haven't seen the final pics. I had two guys there to hold the bumper in place while I lined up the bolts to the frame and ran the nut on. By FAR the most challenging part of this install (for me) was getting the darn parking sensors installed into the bumper. For some reason it's just really difficult to get them all lined up and snapped in properly. Also, don't make the same mistake I did and install the winch first. It blocked the front passenger parking sensor so i had to remove the winch to put the sensor in.
Lastly, for anyone with OEM LED fog lights, the brackets that Warn provided only allow them to mount upside down. These lights aren't symmetrical so having them upside down literally has the fogs beaming into the trees. After sending them pictures, Warn engineers have acknowledged the issue and are reworking the brackets so I'll have a new set as soon as they're done. Just don't have functional fog light until then.
How did I not see that .... Thanks for the info, I had a feeling the parking sensors were gonna be a pain, love the setup and thanks for the tips, cant wait to get going on mine, making it my new huntin rig.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did I not see that .... Thanks for the info, I had a feeling the parking sensors were gonna be a pain, love the setup and thanks for the tips, cant wait to get going on mine, making it my new huntin rig.
No problem at all and glad to help. Ping me if you have any questions or issues at all. You’ll love the setup, I’m really happy with it.

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prolly a dumb question, but how is that splicer hook/not a hook used for winching applications ? So used to having the standard hook, trying to understand that ...

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prolly a dumb question, but how is that splicer hook/not a hook used for winching applications ? So used to having the standard hook, trying to understand that ...
Not at all, are you familiar with a soft shackle? If not, check it out. I’ve used them for a while for hammock hanging so it seemed like a no brainer to go that way for winching as well. This creates a closed system with much lower risk of failure/injury. Plus the soft shackles are super light weight and will float if dropped in the mud or water.

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picking your brain while its still fresh, how was the stock bumper removal ? Obviously the air damn is first thing gone, I'm assuming the parking sensors have clip disconnect and there aren't any air bag goodies in there, i hope. Any cutting in order for the Warn bumper to fit ?

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picking your brain while its still fresh, how was the stock bumper removal ? Obviously the air damn is first thing gone, I'm assuming the parking sensors have clip disconnect and there aren't any air bag goodies in there, i hope. Any cutting in order for the Warn bumper to fit ?
Super easy. Unclip the four sensors and two fog lights. There is a thin black collar/sleeve that effectively clamps the parking sensor in. You unclip that sleeve and slide it off then the sensors will come right out. Zero airbag goodies to worry about. Lastly, no cutting to put the Warn bumper on, it bolts right up. Good luck! Let me know if you hit any snags and need help.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pulled my emblems off and painted them today. I’ll have them back on the truck tomorrow but here’s a little preview. Matte black on gloss black.
Ford Ranger HoosierT's Lightning Blue Ranger Build 8F470366-7F1A-421B-AAA6-45106A1C14F7

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AhHa...we're gonna track you down now that we have your plate:devil:

Just pokin the "must blur plate" crowd:LOL:
Ha! Come on! I could use some Ranger buddies anyways!

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
How hard was it to take the FX4 decals off? I'd like to get less attention while I crawl the mall.
Sponsored