• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

I have my order in for a 2023 Ranger Raptor.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
It would make it easier on the NA, MAP plant if you could only order set packages on the Rangers. The Dam Bronco is endless in how you can order it. Although packages are currently limited by the Global Supply chain.
Sponsored

squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
I’m in the USA. Sorry I didn’t clarify that in my original post. The ordering system is “officially” supposed to open here within a few weeks. But since Jim Farley confirmed it was coming to the USA as an early 2023 model year vehicle then local dealerships can start building their unofficial order lists. They have to follow some different protocols because of the chaos that ensued with Bronco and F-150 Lightning orders.
Yeah nope either your dealer or you are full of it the 2023 ranger is a 5th gen and the banks are already open as of july 18 the 6th gen is coming to the us as a 2024 model as of now but that may be delayed as well unless you are importing one then you are wasting your money

squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Farley already confirmed in multiple interviews and via his Twitter account that production of the 2023 models will start at MAP in spring of 2023. Order books may open late this summer or in the fall but trucks won't be on the road until around this time next year.
Then why is it that 2023 banks are open and the 2023 model is a 5th gen I work at a ford dealer and all the info you are giving here is completely false

squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Yeah seems dubious that Farley and the Ford PR department are telling the rest of the world Job 1 will be May 2023 but letting the OP know that secretly they will be rolling off the line at the end of this summer.
The op is full of it there is not and never will be any such thing as a us 2023 ranger raptor the order banks for the 2023 ranger have been open for 10 days and it is still a 5th gen the 6th gen is going to be 2024 model year

squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Want to know what the US order site will be and what options will be available? Confirmed already by marketing that the UK site is the same, but the steering wheel is on the other side and you pay in dollars instead of pounds. And yes, I did ask Jim Farley about orders and yes he did tell me what was said before. Stuff comes up. He and I have talked many times. I don’t hang out with him. But I’ve sent him many jokes and random things as we connected through classic mustang racing a long time ago. He doesn’t control supppy lines. He puts in requests (aka demands) to every group in the form of goals and does what he can as a figurehead to make it happen. To compare… Lee Iacocca never actually went on a line and built a minivan. Haha. Here is the UK site… essentially you get to pick your exterior color and that’s it. I picked code orange and it looks shmancy.
https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/price-and-locate/build-and-price-ranger#/catalogID/WAEGB-TKE-2018-RangerSAfricaGBR202200/?code=SE#GQ
Dude the uk options are not going to be the same ford doesnt even have any info or specs released for the north america version and as loads of precedent and actual evidence suggests north america vs the rest of the world will look very different this whole thread is just a self aggrandizing lie

Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The op is full of it there is not and never will be any such thing as a us 2023 ranger raptor the order banks for the 2023 ranger have been open for 10 days and it is still a 5th gen the 6th gen is going to be 2024 model year

We already have the timeline for the 6G in the stickied thread.

2023 RANGER (P703N - U.S. Version) PRODUCTION TIMELINE:

• Final design approval achieved in early 2019.
  • Production begins on May 1, 2023 at Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP).
  • Official launch (sales/dealer stock) set for July 3, 2023.
  • Next-gen Ranger Raptor will also be available in 2023 (confirmed)
  • Production life ends April 2031.

squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
We already have the timeline for the 6G in the stickied thread.

2023 RANGER (P703N - U.S. Version) PRODUCTION TIMELINE:

• Final design approval achieved in early 2019.
  • Production begins on May 1, 2023 at Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP).
  • Official launch (sales/dealer stock) set for July 3, 2023.
  • Next-gen Ranger Raptor will also be available in 2023 (confirmed)
  • Production life ends April 2031.
only problem is its gonna be a 2024 not a 2023 the 2023 model year is a 5th gen not a 6th gen

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
only problem is its gonna be a 2024 not a 2023 the 2023 model year is a 5th gen not a 6th gen
If production starts in May 2023, consumers will be driving it in 2023. Whether or not they label it a 2023 or a 2024 is TBD.

squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
If production starts in May 2023, consumers will be driving it in 2023. Whether or not they label it a 2023 or a 2024 is TBD.
Not at all because the 2023 model year order guides and info have already dropped and the banks open tomorrow. Going based on the firm actionable data on the 2023 model not just unsubstantiated conjecture from farley I can almost guarantee that the dates in that sticky thread are wrong. That would have 2023 model having less than 7 months of production which would be ridiculous especially when you consider the work and resources needed to make and implement the tooling and resources for a new generation vehicle. Jim farley has already proven himself an unreliable source just because he is ceo doesn't mean he knows everything, also ford has moved and delayed stuff several times including the 2023 ranger so simply due to that we can expect 2024 to move as well

BurnerUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Piece of crap
Which dealer? Can you PM me name of the sales guy too? Looking to do same & am in Utah.

It can’t be in the Ford system yet, as they haven’t opened up the options. But I’m listed as #1 or #2 at my local dealership (they are going to flip a coin for fun since we both asked to put money down the same day… it makes no difference. They think their first allocation is going to be three trucks, so we are both covered.. Locked in at MSRP at MOST. $1000 fully refundable deposit. The 3.0 twin turbo V6 from the Explorer ST is the engine of choice.

I’ll be happy to track the progress of how it goes as we paddle along over the next four to six months. I’m excited. Right now my heart says to go for the “hero color” at release… orange. Talk me out of it. ;)

Sponsored

US RangerRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded Focus RS, '21Ranger Tremor
I think there is still a lot of confusion and misinformation, but if you put your order in on 07/18/2022 for a 2023 Ranger a Raptor will not be available and what's going to show up at your dealership will be a current gen Ranger. Order banks will probably open sometime in the Spring of 2023 for the next gen 2024 Ranger including the Raptor. I know it's confusing because North America is one year behind the rest of the world. Job #1 for the 2024 will likely be Summer 2023. It's still about a year out. Heck they haven't even shown the production version for North America yet and probably won't until after January 1st of 2023.
I AGREE with this premise.
The U.S Ranger Raptor will be the Next Generation 2024 Ranger series. That ordering bank will not be available till Aug/Sept 2023.

Penpaper

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Software engineer
Ford Ranger Raptor (2023) - Rewrites The Rulebook For Off-Road Performance, article

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
Ford Ranger Raptor (2023) - Rewrites The Rulebook For Off-Road Performance, article
How long ago was that article released? Several months ago everyone was assuming the 6th gen Rangers would be released as 2023 models. Ford never confirmed that or much of anything else for the 2023 model year for the North American market. At least not until recently. Like within the past two weeks. Andre at TFL Trucks released a youtube video on 8/17/22 in which he stated that he just got confirmation from Ford that all next gen Rangers for the North American market would be released as 2024 models.

baxxter215

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor 2023
Occupation
IT
Hi everybody it arrives in europe on December 2022... only 288hp on ecoboost V6 3.0L instead of 392hp... do you think we will be able to obtain the us power? i think yes because it's the same engine

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
Hi everybody it arrives in europe on December 2022... only 288hp on ecoboost V6 3.0L instead of 392hp... do you think we will be able to obtain the us power? i think yes because it's the same engine
Euro emissions standards are different than those for other markets. That's why your power ratings are different. I doubt you can legally alter the computer programming but that would probably be one factor in changing the output. There may be other physical differences as well like more restrictive intake or exhaust systems.

BTW, that 392 hp rating is a conversion from the Australian version's metric rating. The numbers for the North American version have not been announced yet. Hell, the entire truck hasn't been officially announced yet. The same engine in our Bronco Raptor is rated at 415 HP but that does not mean the Ranger Raptor will be the same. My guess is the NA RR will be rated at 400 hp and 415 lb ft.
Sponsored