• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Integrated Box Step Question

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician
Foolishly, I failed to order this option and needless to say I regret my lack of foresight. Is there anyone who has taken delivery with this option that can tell me if it is integrated into the back fenders of part of the bumper. If it is part of the rear bumper than it will probably be to expensive to replace. If it is part of the rear fenders I'm gonna go for it since my sales manager said he will honor any extra options at Ford's build your truck price. Unfortunately I will have to pay for Labor. In hindsight there are a few other options I should have ordered as well but so it goes - nothing throwing more money at cannot solve later on.
Sponsored

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
I haven't seen one up close yet, but it looks like it's built into the side of the fender.

Ford Ranger Integrated Box Step Question 1711226881820-h

OP
OP
Cyrusblack

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

TMP Montana

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, 2023 Mazda CX-50, 2006Scion Xb
Occupation
Retired
If I remember correctly, the step is attached to the frame which gives it the 300 lbs. capacity. It may take some time before the parts a available, but I would think you should be able to get the step(s) and lower fender plastic that surrounds the step. Should be an easy install I would think.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
I can just see someone pushing their knee into the box side when up on the step. The main reason I did not add it to my truck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cyrusblack

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I can just see someone pushing their knee into the box side when up on the step. The main reason I did not add it to my truck.
Not sure it would be as high as your knee when on the step . . . Unless your a midget

1986YellowRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Is this step really necessary on the Ranger? I am waiting for the 2.7L and was not planing on ordering the step. Seems like you could just step on the tire, rim, or lower the tailgate… Maybe it would be a little more useful if it was up near the front of the bed, but it‘s literally right next to the tailgate. I understand the need in the F-150, but this truck is much lower.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
Not sure it would be as high as your knee when on the step . . . Unless your a midget
He is I think 6'3"... Knee at perfect level to push in panel.

Ford Ranger Integrated Box Step Question Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 7.40.49 PM

OP
OP
Cyrusblack

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
He is I think 6'3"... Knee at perfect level to push in panel.

Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 7.40.49 PM.png
You said the box side - his knee is lined up with the rear fender. Probably my mistake - I make a lot of them 😃

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
I used mine and never noticed getting into bed side with my leg. I’m 6’ and 290. Hand no problem with it. I think it’s bolted to the frame and the bottom side of bed is molded around it.

Ford Ranger Integrated Box Step Question IMG_5506

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cyrusblack

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

rdwyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Next Gen Ford Ranger Sport 4x4 ordered
Occupation
Retired
Foolishly, I failed to order this option and needless to say I regret my lack of foresight. Is there anyone who has taken delivery with this option that can tell me if it is integrated into the back fenders of part of the bumper. If it is part of the rear bumper than it will probably be to expensive to replace. If it is part of the rear fenders I'm gonna go for it since my sales manager said he will honor any extra options at Ford's build your truck price. Unfortunately I will have to pay for Labor. In hindsight there are a few other options I should have ordered as well but so it goes - nothing throwing more money at cannot solve later on.
They are standard in Philippines I think Aussieland to. They only variant that doesnt have them is the Raptor, becuase of the exhaust is in the way. 2+I Find it very useful, I cannot see myself exerting that much pressure to dent my side cargo bed. My bad knee would buckle first.

Pirate Camp Co does all kinds of upgrades from Aussieland as well as others, they add things most Americans don't even think of like battery back up power to supply power to bring along accessories.

Canopy install fridges, stoves, they make them self sustainable, one guy even took out the standard gas tank and installed if I remember correctly 100gal tank for extended travel. Pirate camp took the step out to install an air compressor in the open space, they use them to air up and down when they go off road. Then there are the normal accessory installs that everyone does.

Searching for Ford Ranger Australia in youtube should put you in the area of videos.

Hope this helps.

Rick

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
Really wish the Raptor exhaust wasn't an issue. I love the integrated side step. ☹

Maybe an aftermarket exhaust will free up the space needed...
Sponsored