• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Is anyone second guessing the options they picked?

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
I went back and forth on color so many times but I'm glad I settled on Azure Gray and I actually removed my spray in bedliner before having them put it back because it looks nice and I like the big Ford logo and I figured if it delayed the order a little, so be it. I want this to be right. Now the only thing that is bothering me about this order is I'm wondering if I should have gone with the beadlock wheels.
Sponsored

1TruckLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST, 2024 Ranger Raptor (On Order)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I feel you, I've changed my order a lot. Not being able to see one in person and seeing the colors is driving me crazy. This is my first time ordering a car exactly how I want it and I want it to be perfect. I finally decided on Velocity Blue because whenever I was a kid and the Gen 1 f150 Raptor came out I always thought it looked best in Blue.

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
The only option I second guessed was the spray-in liner which I removed. I wanted to avoid delay, and opinions seemed to be mixed on the quality of factory liners. I'm sure it would have been fine, but I can easily do the liner aftermarket.

I've seen velocity blue in person and I thought it looked really good. None of the other colors really jumped out to me, so I never second guessed it. I wish there was a darker gray.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
No
This is the 7th special order so I usually know what I want when ordered.

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
The spray-in liner. Like mentioned I read 50/50 itā€™s ok and other the line-x is better. Wishing I would have just waited until it got here and did the line-x. Factory should still be ok I hope

Sponsored

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
Didnā€™t like the carbonized gray metallic?
From what I've seen it looked considerably lighter than say, Toyota's magnetic gray. Similar to that or even darker would have been perfect to me. But I'm being really picky.

Edit: That lead foot gray looks pretty nice too. The darker one... google seems to come up with two different grays.
Ford Ranger Is anyone second guessing the options they picked? 2018 Lead Foot Gray R Model - 1 (2)

The Team

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor Shelter Green on order
Iā€™m second guessing the color (Shelter Green) and the beadlock wheels. Conceptually I like the idea of a unique color and I think it looks good in renderings but I really wish I could see it in person. And I like the look of the beadlock wheels, and while the Raptor will definitely he doing some offrowding, Iā€™m not likely to ever actually NEED the beadlocks for what Iā€™ll do.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Got all the options I wanted. Nothing to add.

Sponsored

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
Didn't even think about changing mine. I didn't add spray in liner because my 22 Ranger has one from the factory and I'm not a fan of it. Getting Line-X when truck comes in. Didn't want that delaying mine.

TMP Montana

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, 2023 Mazda CX-50, 2006Scion Xb
Occupation
Retired
I removed the spray in liner and will go after market. Added the rear locker. Originally wanted the Sandstone interior but the wife talked me out of it, and then changed that too.

Everything is locked in now with the build date next week.

My last custom order was a 2014 Mustang GT in Gotta Have it green. Like many here, I wish they had some bold colors. Never once regretted getting that color.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
I wish I hadnā€™t gotten the technology package. I tried to get it removed later on, but the dealer refused to do so. They said it wasnā€™t possible since I had a VIN, despite still being a couple months out from my build date. When I sent them a video from Long McArthur Ford telling them how to make the change to one with a VIN they stopped answering my emails and phone calls.

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
I wish I hadnā€™t gotten the technology package. I tried to get it removed later on, but the dealer refused to do so. They said it wasnā€™t possible since I had a VIN, despite still being a couple months out from my build date. When I sent them a video from Long McArthur Ford telling them how to make the change to one with a VIN they stopped answering my emails and phone calls.
What comes with tech package?

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
What comes with tech package?
Adaptive cruise control, 360 camera, and 3 years of navigation. Nice to have features but not something that is worth $1500-2000 in my opinion, so thatā€™s why I regret it.
Sponsored