• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Is anyone second guessing the options they picked?

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
Adaptive cruise control, 360 camera, and 3 years of navigation. Nice to have features but not something that is worth $1500-2000 in my opinion, so that’s why I regret it.
I wouldn't have minded the 360 camera. I thought I got it but looked at my order. I guess I didn't. Don't see point of nav when I use carolay. Adaptive and 360 I would have gotten but it's not a must though
Sponsored

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
Adaptive cruise control, 360 camera, and 3 years of navigation. Nice to have features but not something that is worth $1500-2000 in my opinion, so that’s why I regret it.
The 360 camera is all I would want from that list. Adaptive cruise I don't use on my current Ranger.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
I wouldn't have minded the 360 camera. I thought I got it but looked at my order. I guess I didn't. Don't see point of nav when I use carolay. Adaptive and 360 I would have gotten but it's not a must though
The 360 camera is all I would want from that list. Adaptive cruise I don't use on my current Ranger.
The 360 camera was why I ordered it. But then I realized that’s a lot of money for a camera when I’ve been perfectly fine without needing it all these years.

It’s a moot point now because my truck was built last week. However if there’s something wrong with the truck when I go to purchase/pick it up and I have to reorder then I will make sure not to include the tech package.

JennyjoannSuebeeMcNash

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick EB XL & 2016 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
Government
I’m second guessing the color (Shelter Green) and the beadlock wheels. Conceptually I like the idea of a unique color and I think it looks good in renderings but I really wish I could see it in person. And I like the look of the beadlock wheels, and while the Raptor will definitely he doing some offrowding, I’m not likely to ever actually NEED the beadlocks for what I’ll do.
If it makes you feel any better, I read somewhere that Shelter Green was one of the most popular color choices at 24%. If you have any doubts about color, pick something less popular so you and everyone else aren't driving the same color Raptor. I know when I ordered a 2022 Maverick everyone was going with Cactus Gray or Area 51. That's all I see in this area. Be different! :sunglasses:

MoBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Raptor, 2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered it with everything except the decals. On my full size Raptor, ford sprayed the underside of the truck in line with the wheels and the wheel wells with the bed liner also. It helps protect the underside from the being sandblasted when off-road and was a nice surprise. My Gen1 had the bed liner in the bed only, the wheel wells and area around them took a beating over time.

Sponsored

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
If it makes you feel any better, I read somewhere that Shelter Green was one of the most popular color choices at 24%. If you have any doubts about color, pick something less popular so you and everyone else aren't driving the same color Raptor. I know when I ordered a 2022 Maverick everyone was going with Cactus Gray or Area 51. That's all I see in this area. Be different! :sunglasses:
Raptor exclusivity is one of the reasons I went with Shelter Green. Might be 24% of Raptors but no other Ranger will have it (yet, anyways). Wasn't overly fond of any other color but I've been on the fence between a couple other colors. Too late now, I'm scheduled.

I changed my order once - got rid of the bead lock wheels and that might be one I'm second guessing but I'd likely get after market wheels anyways. Nothing else was second guessed much except maybe the bed liner, only because of some horror stories I've read. But I've seen a few in person that have held up and mine will be mostly light duty for hauling and home DIY so I'm not worried. I ordered the Keypad because of it's convenience. Eliminated graphics, I've just never been a fan of graphics on a vehicle. That's pretty much it. So no regerts.

craigc

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
So the point of built in nav in my experience, was highlighted significantly last summer when Google Maps took me an assine gravel "state highway" through central New Mexico (in my sedan - damn I need this truck!!!), that ultimately resulted in 3 hours on a gravel road and zero cell phone signal. I was with a group of people and all of them had only carplay/network based maps who did not downloaded maps in advance. The only reason we didn't get completely lost is my vehicle had nav built in and thus was able to get us to where we needed to go. All the other apps couldn't download, though at least one of the other drivers had the current route cached enough as well, but would not have been reliable if we had changed course.

I hope they do not remove built in nav from Lariat trim, and wish it was there for all 4x4 vehicles that might end up with no cell phone signal somewhere.

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
So the point of built in nav in my experience, was highlighted significantly last summer when Google Maps took me an assine gravel "state highway" through central New Mexico (in my sedan - damn I need this truck!!!), that ultimately resulted in 3 hours on a gravel road and zero cell phone signal. I was with a group of people and all of them had only carplay/network based maps who did not downloaded maps in advance. The only reason we didn't get completely lost is my vehicle had nav built in and thus was able to get us to where we needed to go. All the other apps couldn't download, though at least one of the other drivers had the current route cached enough as well, but would not have been reliable if we had changed course.

I hope they do not remove built in nav from Lariat trim, and wish it was there for all 4x4 vehicles that might end up with no cell phone signal somewhere.
I swear I saw something like this on TikTok. They couldn't finish cause they didn't have a capable vehicle as well. They were with a group of people.

SparkyTWS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape (2024 Ranger Retail Order)
Occupation
N/A
I added the side step after my GF reminded me that not everyone who would be riding in the truck is as tall as I am. Fair. >:)

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
Idk why you guys are 2nd guessing yourselves.. especially on the spray in bedliners… both of my dealers told me and even Toyotas website states that the Spray in bedliner is done by the dealer.. not at the plant.

everything else I can understand.

Sponsored

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
I wish they offered Conquer Grey or Race Red. The color choices are bad I think.
Lightning Blue here… I miss that blue soooo much and only Chevy had it now..

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
Idk why you guys are 2nd guessing yourselves.. especially on the spray in bedliners… both of my dealers told me and even Toyotas website states that the Spray in bedliner is done by the dealer.. not at the plant.

everything else I can understand.
Use to all be outsourced to a company called Ground Effects that’s a few miles from the plant. Not sure if they still do them all or not

ivotuk

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
IT
I had a 19 blue ranger but wanted to change it up. Found some pictures of a Red Ranger in Michigan and looked fabulous! Lots of metal flake. But then I saw the Chili Pepper Red, and it was not the same! CPR looked too flat to me, and little metal flake, if any. So I switched to Shadow Black and plan on doing graphics.

Pictures of Red Raptor in Michigan. If only they offered that red...

Ford Ranger Is anyone second guessing the options they picked? 8

Ford Ranger Is anyone second guessing the options they picked? Bed

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
Use to all be outsourced to a company called Ground Effects that’s a few miles from the plant. Not sure if they still do them all or not
Well i can’t say if this is true or not for the insert bedliner or not… but it’s better to have a spray in over a insert imho and yeah my dealers say the spray in is done by them either in house or by a local company close by the dealership…
Sponsored