• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Is Okay to Buy actually a thing?

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
Well, what I find telling is there are no reports or speculation from the media on the delays. Maybe a media embargo till their event in March? One thing is sure though, bad news doesn't get better with age.
Sponsored

RacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Posting links to other forums, or capturing statements from members of other forums isn’t proof of anything. my opinion on the topic is that yes there’s some type of pause for the media or pause for quality issues. Im not saying if the ok to buy is real or not, its purely my opinion, but trying to use another group of people that are only speculating proves nothing. Until Ford comes out and says why this delay is taking place then all anyone of us is doing is simply grasping at straws.
There is OKTB for every year and model Ford.

Can you not grasp the complexities of manufacturing, certifying, and releasing an automobile?
There could be hundreds of reasons the '24 Ranger is not ready for sale. All we know is Ford has not issued OKTB on the '24 Ranger and they will sit until Ford releases them.

If you read the first link, it captures the Federal certifications and production line testing that need to be done before they can sell the vehicles.
It could be they are waiting for some fed reg agency to return documents.
It could be they are waiting for a specific date that would coincide with other dates that are years in the planning, like a media launch date, shipping logistics, etc.
It could be they're testing the final assembly line so they don't ship the wrong seats in the wrong trim like they did with the Bronco.

The OP asked if OKTB was real, not for proof of what the delay is.
Lighten up, you'll live longer.

RacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
To put it another way.
Hearing a leak that there is a media event scheduled for March makes me optimistic that Ford thinks all issues and testing will be resolved by then and they can start shipping.

OP
OP

Irony Guy

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
yes, OKTB is real.
there is a date, hard or estimate, I don't know. We can guess it will happen a bit before the launch media event so dealers can have trucks on the lot, or in transit, when the masses are exposed to the new model via PR releases and "first drive" impressions from media.
I haven't been following Ranger dates. I don't know when Job1 is. I heard there was a bit of a pause do to the strike so I'm sure a lot of schedules got upended. There is a lot to coordinate the launch of a new model.

" Nothing can be shipped to dealers for sale until the OKTB (Okay To Buy) is issued, typically through a series of batch builds, stops, and inspections. It's not unusual, however, for the OKTB to be issued BEFORE the published Job 1 date. This actually happened with the Ranger's launch at MAP. "​

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...march-29th-note-job-1-date-unchanged-🗓.13146/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rd-celebrates-bronco-production-at-map.17762/
Thanks for this

RacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
some more info from the web...

TT - Tooling Trial Build. This is to verify that all the tooling processes work for the new model.​
PP - Pilot Production Build. This is a continued assessment of the process capability.​
MP - Mass Production Build. Normally there's a MP1 and a MP2 build. This is a continuation of the PP process.​
Job 1 - Previous model is discontinued and new model is ramped up to speed.​

a Ford document for suppliers with placeholder for <TT> and <OKTB>
https://www.iatfglobaloversight.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/Ford_IATF_CSR.pdf

Here's a Ford rep talking about the stages of production ramp up. Should be time indexed to about 17 mins...

Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
In a vain attempt to get any nugget of information I can regarding delivery I made a call to the Customer relations department at Ford.
I put the question to her to explain "Okay to Buy", she had never heard the term after being with Ford for 10 years.
Was then told my truck is due to be delivered to my dealer on March 10.

We shall see.
Anyone out there have a delivery before that?
As someone who factory ordered a '24 Mustang, I can confirm "Ok To Buy" (or OKTB) is a thing.

I wouldn't expect a Customer Service Rep. to know about it though (for one reaosn, they're contract workers for a 3rd party). This is something that involves those higher up on the management chain.

See the thread below for details:

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/oktb-ok-to-buy-achieved-for-2024-mustang-s650.157617/

Last edited:
OP
OP

Irony Guy

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Well, what I find telling is there are no reports or speculation from the media on the delays. Maybe a media embargo till their event in March? One thing is sure though, bad news doesn't get better with age.
Is this media event a thing?😉
I have seen nothing about this other than what has been said on this forum.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
There is OKTB for every year and model Ford.

Can you not grasp the complexities of manufacturing, certifying, and releasing an automobile?
There could be hundreds of reasons the '24 Ranger is not ready for sale. All we know is Ford has not issued OKTB on the '24 Ranger and they will sit until Ford releases them.

If you read the first link, it captures the Federal certifications and production line testing that need to be done before they can sell the vehicles.
It could be they are waiting for some fed reg agency to return documents.
It could be they are waiting for a specific date that would coincide with other dates that are years in the planning, like a media launch date, shipping logistics, etc.
It could be they're testing the final assembly line so they don't ship the wrong seats in the wrong trim like they did with the Bronco.

The OP asked if OKTB was real, not for proof of what the delay is.
Lighten up, you'll live longer.
THANK YOU!!

I remember that with BMW Motorcycles, there was a stop-sale on all GS-models because accessory cases had the orange reflector in the wrong place. THAT was a Federal Regulatory requirement that randomly popped up after the vehicles were already on sale and schedule for customer delivery.

Further deliveries were delayed more than a month :LOL: That's a killer in the northeast motorcycle market.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
We haven't heard anything concrete because there's probably a media embargo. And those are REAL strict. Break the embargo and that OEM is never giving you access. I expect that in a month time, we're going to get flooded with Ranger content from the usual suspects, once the embargo lifts.

Sponsored

bdginmo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2015 Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm starting to doubt the legitimacy of this rumor too; or at least its link to when Ford will start delivering trucks. I'm not saying the media event isn't a thing. I'm not saying that deliveries aren't dependent on it. But given the track record of rumors recently I'm going to remain unconvinced unless there is an official announcement. Besides even assuming the guy in Pickup Truck Talk is right (and I have no reason to doubt him) Ford could delay the event.

OP
OP

Irony Guy

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I'm starting to doubt the legitimacy of this rumor too; or at least its link to when Ford will start delivering trucks. I'm not saying the media event isn't a thing. I'm not saying that deliveries aren't dependent on it. But given the track record of rumors recently I'm going to remain unconvinced unless there is an official announcement. Besides even assuming the guy in Pickup Truck Talk is right (and I have no reason to doubt him) Ford could delay the event.
Ha !
I will miss all you guys when we all have our Rangers
Misery loves company.
Sponsored