• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagtexas

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I just heard from Andrea Spencer at Motormouth on YouTube that Ford has invited them and other journalists to a drive event in March. That should coincide with the first deliveries. It will be interesting to see what auto journalists have to say after driving the new Ranger compared to the recent reviews of the Tacoma.
Sponsored

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
I just don't see the benefit of delaying deliveries until after a media event. I can see a little advantage of holding off on a media event until after dealers have something on their lots to show, but even so I think it would have been better to have them both happen ASAP and not linked. Dealers can't earn revenue on what they don't have. And a drive event in December could have generated more interest and helped take some attention away from the competition just prior to launch. I'm sure Ford is rowing as fast as they can to catch up and it's easy for me to play Monday morning quarterback. ;)

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
Yeah this was reported a week or two ago from a few other YouTubers.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I just don't see the benefit of delaying deliveries until after a media event. I can see a little advantage of holding off on a media event until after dealers have something on their lots to show, but even so I think it would have been better to have them both happen ASAP and not linked. Dealers can't earn revenue on what they don't have. And a drive event in December could have generated more interest and helped take some attention away from the competition just prior to launch. I'm sure Ford is rowing as fast as they can to catch up and it's easy for me to play Monday morning quarterback. ;)
I agree. Holding off delivery until a bunch of Youtubers with 10-30k followers get to test drive it makes no sense on the face of it.

If they are holding for QA purposes, however, I can buy that reason.

Deinonychus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor on order (I think?)
Kind of on topic, are there any reviews that people are looking forward to hearing?

Sponsored

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
Kind of on topic, are there any reviews that people are looking forward to hearing?
I'm sure I'll watch/read them all, several times, until I have mine in the garage. :LOL: I always enjoy watching the reviews from the TFL guys.

Last edited:

richman555

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just heard from Andrea Spencer at Motormouth on YouTube that Ford has invited them and other journalists to a drive event in March. That should coincide with the first deliveries. It will be interesting to see what auto journalists have to say after driving the new Ranger compared to the recent reviews of the Tacoma.
This is great news. For months all I have gotten information from Australian reviews or reviews of older model Rangers. Toyota definitely stepped up efforts to get the media involved early.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Almost a full year after the initial unveiling... Ford could not have screwed this up more if they tried.
..i mean it's still miles better than the bronco and maverick launch. i think it could be much worse, considering most of the delay was UAW and not ford.

people waited 2-3 years for their bronco order. if ford delivers trucks in march, that's not even a year after order banks opened.

1986YellowRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
..i mean it's still miles better than the bronco and maverick launch. i think it could be much worse, considering most of the delay was UAW and not ford.

people waited 2-3 years for their bronco order. if ford delivers trucks in march, that's not even a year after order banks opened.
The Bronco and Maverick were brand new vehicles in entirety, and that’s still no excuse for a 2-3 year delay. The Ranger is a copy-paste from the international version using most of the same suppliers, so it is one of the easiest launch types in the industry. The assembly process and tooling could even be copied! Management of Change is a skill set that Ford seems to have lost.

Beyond that, your expectations are incredibly low when referencing only a one year gap between order and delivery. In the end, it doesn’t matter to me that they are wasting millions of dollars in opportunity costs and wasting useless marketing money on a product no one can actually purchase. It does, however, explain why the stock price has not moved in decades.

Sponsored

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
It isn't a copy paste from the international rangers. The NA has quite a few changes...it also required new tooling on the old ranger assembly lines. This has been brought up before.

Also, just because it was revealed almost a year ago doesn't mean much. The timer starts from when they were originally aiming to produce them versus when they did, not when they were revealed.

That comes out to August/September, so when you factor in the strike/Holiday shutdown, it isn't that bad.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Bronco and Maverick were brand new vehicles in entirety, and that’s still no excuse for a 2-3 year delay. The Ranger is a copy-paste from the international version using most of the same suppliers, so it is one of the easiest launch types in the industry. The assembly process and tooling could even be copied! Management of Change is a skill set that Ford seems to have lost.
No, it's not a copy/paste. The engines are completely different and the interiors also aren't a 1:1 match between the RoW and NA ranger.

The delay is largely the UAW strike into holiday shutdowns. The strike ending doesn't mean immediate return. There's administration work that still needed to be done to get everyone back on the line and the line needed to be retooled.

Beyond that, your expectations are incredibly low when referencing only a one year gap between order and delivery. In the end, it doesn’t matter to me that they are wasting millions of dollars in opportunity costs and wasting useless marketing money on a product no one can actually purchase. It does, however, explain why the stock price has not moved in decades.
It's not a 1-year gap for me. I ordered in july and my truck is built. My original build-date was late october 2023. I'll be shocked if it's a 1-year wait for anyone except people who didn't get Raptor allocations, but that's their own fault.

Before the strike, delivery dates were scheduled for december 2023. We really aren't that far behind schedule. The cynical attitude and blame-game people display on this forum gets really old.

Last edited:

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
I love the defense of, "You think this is bad. Hold my beer and look how bad the Bronco went."

They try and defend a poor launch by Ford by pointing to other examples of poor launches by Ford. 🤷

BennyP92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Impreza
Occupation
Railroad
Some of us won't get our rangers until the summer/fall 2024 which is very disappointing. Patience can only go so far.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.