• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Is Okay to Buy actually a thing?

Irony Guy

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
In a vain attempt to get any nugget of information I can regarding delivery I made a call to the Customer relations department at Ford.
I put the question to her to explain "Okay to Buy", she had never heard the term after being with Ford for 10 years.
Was then told my truck is due to be delivered to my dealer on March 10.

We shall see.
Anyone out there have a delivery before that?
Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In a vain attempt to get any nugget of information I can regarding delivery I made a call to the Customer relations department at Ford.
I put the question to her to explain "Okay to Buy", she had never heard the term after being with Ford for 10 years.
Was then told my truck is due to be delivered to my dealer on March 10.

We shall see.
Anyone out there have a delivery before that?
Yes my delivery was Jan 30 - Feb 3 according to Ford Chat.

Needless to say, it isn't delivered.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did they provide an update?
Nope. Here's the response she gave when I asked what she could tell me about the current status:

Our records indicate your vehicle's status is In Production - When an order is "In Production," it is being manufactured at one of our factories. Your estimated delivery date was between Jan-28-2024 - Feb-03-2024. Your order is currently pending an estimated time of arrival update. Your most recent update was on Jan-18-2024. There are no further details available at this time. I encourage you to keep in touch with the sales department at [dealership] for more accurate status updates. You can track your vehicle's status at the website https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertrackingOpens in a new window

I talked to my dealer today and he told me he can see it's built, but it's being held at the plant for reasons that Ford hasn't told them. My tracker website status still lists it as "in production", which it has been there for about a month now. I think I officially went into production around Jan 8th.

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 ranger, 94explor, 16 Focus RS, 21 Bronco, 24 RR
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
I was told mine is ready for delivery and is expected in a week. Now how true that is, not sure. Dealer confirmed it's ready for delivery via Convoy. Since my dealer is a few hours away from MAP it sounds believable but I won't believe it until I see it on their lot.

For what its worth, I'm cool on waiting to take delivery anytime as long as it's before end of April. I already order my personalized license plate and I have until April to claim it or otherwise I'll have to buy it again. 🙃

Sponsored

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
Most of us don't have answers to when we'll get our trucks but, I think we know that:
  1. thousands of trucks are built,
  2. they are ready to be shipped (barring any potential rework),
  3. they are being held at MAP for reasons we don't know,
  4. we don't know when the hold will be lifted,
  5. OKTB (maybe known by other names) is real and sometime dealers have vehicles on their lot with Stop Sale (same as OKTB?) notices.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
Dealer e-mailed me
eta 2/24 - 3/01
I figure that is not happening but time will tell.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
The way some February trucks are getting pushed to April build dates it doesn't appear that it will be anytime soon.

PawnX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Ford line told me Feb. 13-18 for delivery :D.
Pretty sure that isn't going to happen.

Sponsored

JT91299224

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wanted A Ranger
Occupation
AMSA
Nope. Here's the response she gave when I asked what she could tell me about the current status:

Our records indicate your vehicle's status is In Production - When an order is "In Production," it is being manufactured at one of our factories. Your estimated delivery date was between Jan-28-2024 - Feb-03-2024. Your order is currently pending an estimated time of arrival update. Your most recent update was on Jan-18-2024. There are no further details available at this time. I encourage you to keep in touch with the sales department at [dealership] for more accurate status updates. You can track your vehicle's status at the website https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertrackingOpens in a new window

I talked to my dealer today and he told me he can see it's built, but it's being held at the plant for reasons that Ford hasn't told them. My tracker website status still lists it as "in production", which it has been there for about a month now. I think I officially went into production around Jan 8th.

JT91299224

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wanted A Ranger
Occupation
AMSA
Mines the same except that mine is now on hold. They won’t give the dealer a reason why. Dealer says it’s built - my update is still in production where it has been for over a month now. I don’t get what the issue is - if they are built - ship them!

RacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
yes, OKTB is real.
there is a date, hard or estimate, I don't know. We can guess it will happen a bit before the launch media event so dealers can have trucks on the lot, or in transit, when the masses are exposed to the new model via PR releases and "first drive" impressions from media.
I haven't been following Ranger dates. I don't know when Job1 is. I heard there was a bit of a pause do to the strike so I'm sure a lot of schedules got upended. There is a lot to coordinate the launch of a new model.

" Nothing can be shipped to dealers for sale until the OKTB (Okay To Buy) is issued, typically through a series of batch builds, stops, and inspections. It's not unusual, however, for the OKTB to be issued BEFORE the published Job 1 date. This actually happened with the Ranger's launch at MAP. "​

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...march-29th-note-job-1-date-unchanged-🗓.13146/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rd-celebrates-bronco-production-at-map.17762/

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
yes, OKTB is real.
there is a date, hard or estimate, I don't know. We can guess it will happen a bit before the launch media event so dealers can have trucks on the lot, or in transit, when the masses are exposed to the new model via PR releases and "first drive" impressions from media.
I haven't been following Ranger dates. I don't know when Job1 is. I heard there was a bit of a pause do to the strike so I'm sure a lot of schedules got upended. There is a lot to coordinate the launch of a new model.

" Nothing can be shipped to dealers for sale until the OKTB (Okay To Buy) is issued, typically through a series of batch builds, stops, and inspections. It's not unusual, however, for the OKTB to be issued BEFORE the published Job 1 date. This actually happened with the Ranger's launch at MAP. "​

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/big-news-mass-bronco-production-to-begin-march-29th-note-job-1-date-unchanged-🗓.13146/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/🙌-bronco-oktb-issued-and-shipments-begin-as-ford-celebrates-bronco-production-at-map.17762/
Posting links to other forums, or capturing statements from members of other forums isn’t proof of anything. my opinion on the topic is that yes there’s some type of pause for the media or pause for quality issues. Im not saying if the ok to buy is real or not, its purely my opinion, but trying to use another group of people that are only speculating proves nothing. Until Ford comes out and says why this delay is taking place then all anyone of us is doing is simply grasping at straws.
Sponsored