• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

justin2440

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger lariat
Occupation
Physical therapist
Got my leer topper installed on my lariat today. Retailer installed the j-braces that I bought from the dealership (they said they would then bitched about it when I picked it up). I love the way I looks but don’t like the huge clamps that secure it to the bed. Anyone had these big clamps on previous toppers?

Topper also has some flaws that I have to take back to get fixed, bubble in window tint and one side window doesn’t latch shut. Was cheaper than the leer through ford and also better upgrades.

Ford Ranger LEER topper installed IMG_1905

Ford Ranger LEER topper installed IMG_1905
Ford Ranger LEER topper installed IMG_1910
Ford Ranger LEER topper installed IMG_1911

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 ranger, 94explor, 16 Focus RS, 21 Bronco, 24 RR
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
Got my leer topper installed on my lariat today. Retailer installed the j-braces that I bought from the dealership (they said they would then bitched about it when I picked it up). I love the way I looks but don’t like the huge clamps that secure it to the bed. Anyone had these big clamps on previous toppers?
Topper also has some flaws that I have to take back to get fixed, bubble in window tint and one side window doesn’t latch shut. Was cheaper than the leer through ford and also better upgrades.
IMG_1905.jpeg
IMG_1910.jpeg
IMG_1911.jpeg

Love the styling. Very streamline with the body. Wish the side windows were a bit smaller. Curious to know how hard/easy it is to remove.

I'm with you on the clamps. Its Leer so why do something different if its still working. I have an OEM Ford Topper for my 86 Ranger, it has those same clamps 😂

jorosz0309

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
May I ask you how much it cost all in with the braces and install? I was considering getting one through Ford... but now you're making me reconsider :)

ivotuk

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
IT
I wasn't a fan of that color at first, but with the topper, it looks really slick!

I've had those same clamps, and I always worried they would spread and allow the topper to be loose. Plus, they stick too far out in to the cargo area.

Hyperbolic_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 SQ5, 2024 Ranger Raptor (CG)
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
@justin2440, did you install a leveling kit as well, or did the topper alone completely take away the factor rake? Do you have a before picture (i.e., sans topper) from the side for comparison? She has a great stance with the topper on!

Sponsored
OP
OP

justin2440

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger lariat
Occupation
Physical therapist
@justin2440, did you install a leveling kit as well, or did the topper alone completely take away the factor rake? Do you have a before picture (i.e., sans topper) from the side for comparison? She has a great stance with the topper on!
I didn’t do the install. The retail store that I bought it from did the install so I’m unable to answer questions but they didn’t take anything off, just put j braces on

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor (Velocity Baby Blue variant)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I like the look with the topper.
Questions, if you don't mind....
Which model?
Did you add any options like with the front or side windows and roof rack capability?
I would like to possibly add a topper/roof rack, rather than a bed rack for my windsurf board/mast and stand-up paddleboard.
Does the LEER badging on the rear window look like a sticker that can be deleted/removed?

OP
OP

justin2440

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger lariat
Occupation
Physical therapist
I like the look with the topper.
Questions, if you don't mind....
Which model?
Did you add any options like with the front or side windows and roof rack capability?
I would like to possibly add a topper/roof rack, rather than a bed rack for my windsurf board/mast and stand-up paddleboard.
Does the LEER badging on the rear window look like a sticker that can be deleted/removed?
I think it’s the XR.
I added the keyless entry, tracks for a rack and carpet liner.
I had the same question about the LEER on the back and they said it’s a sticker if I want to remove.
I love it so far. Paint matching is spot on!

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
Nice truck! I haven't pulled the trigger on a 6g yet but came looking to see if any aftermarket companies are taking advantage of the six bolt holes on top of the bed rails for tonneau covers or toppers.. sadly it looks like they are all using the tried and true fastening methods that they use in other vehicles. It would look really clean if one of the companies would get rid of the clamps to hold these covers in place. Maybe we'll see some new designs in the future.

Haole

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Teacher
I had a Leer XR installed a couple of weeks ago. The Leer dealer/installer paid for the J-braces (that came with the cap) to be installed by a local Ford dealer. The install and cap looks really good, and he didn’t use those clamps…the instructions that came with the top had him bolt it to the rails (see photo) and it also came with metal braces for the corners closest to the cab which required drilling. It was about the same price as the one on the Ford website but had add-ons like electronic keyed locks, removable split window by the cab, roof rack tracks, carpet roof liner, and single knob handle.

Ford Ranger LEER topper installed IMG_3102

Ford Ranger LEER topper installed IMG_3113