• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Locking and unlocking with Fob in pocket

Skitrem47

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Teacher
Is anyone else having issues with locking their Ranger with the fob in pocket using just the sensor on the door handle? For some reason I can unlock the truck fine without using the fob; however, locking is a different story. It hardly ever works for me and have to end up using the fob. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to do something extra before exiting the truck? I am grabbing the handle and putting my thumb on the sensor.
Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Mine works fine. Don't grab the handle just use your thumb or finger on the sensor.

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger,23 Aviator, 01/08 Must, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Mine didn’t work to start with. I believe the feature can be turned on and off in the center screen. Mine started working on it’s own after toggling it on and off a few times for some reason.

Ag3ntC00p3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Yep, grab the handle for unlock function and touch the handle outside indent for the lock function. It took me longer than I would care to admit to figure out it’s a different motion for lock vs unlock.
I was wondering how locking worked. I was looking for some sort of auto-lock in the settings but couldn’t find anything. Works like a charm now.

Sponsored

Cyrusblack

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Chief Executive Officer of Pencil Sharpening
Learn something new everyday here - didn’t know about the locking part. Always locked the truck with the fob

OP
OP

Skitrem47

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Teacher
Mine works fine. Don't grab the handle just use your thumb or finger on the sensor.
Awesome!! This forum rocks! That did it! Grab handle to unlock just touch sensor to lock. Thank you. Much appreciated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
I was wondering how locking worked. I was looking for some sort of auto-lock in the settings but couldn’t find anything. Works like a charm now.
Glad I could help out! Kinda magical once you figure out how it works. I pretty much never use my key fob now…

sammydon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT
Is anyone else having issues with locking their Ranger with the fob in pocket using just the sensor on the door handle? For some reason I can unlock the truck fine without using the fob; however, locking is a different story. It hardly ever works for me and have to end up using the fob. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to do something extra before exiting the truck? I am grabbing the handle and putting my thumb on the sensor.
Do you have the keypad on the driver’s door? I do and I’m assuming that takes the place of just grabbing the handle to unlock.

OP
OP

Skitrem47

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Teacher
Do you have the keypad on the driver’s door? I do and I’m assuming that takes the place of just grabbing the handle to unlock.
I do not have keypad.

Sponsored

Ag3ntC00p3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Don't have one myself. Will be adding one. My understanding keypad is so you can unlock if you don't have your FOB on you.

The other use case is you can leave your FOB in the truck if you don't want to take them with you (boating, beach, etc.) and lock with the keypad. There is a lock sequence that disables proximity unlock and has to be unlocked with keypad.

Cyrusblack

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Chief Executive Officer of Pencil Sharpening
Awesome!! This forum rocks! That did it! Grab handle to unlock just touch sensor to lock. Thank you. Much appreciated
Yep - I concur. It works perfectly locking and unlocking with touch while fob in pocket
Sponsored