• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

MagSafe phone holder for 6G Ranger and RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
Anybody have a good solution for a MagSafe phone holder that fits with the new generation? The unique shape of the vents makes generic vent clip versions unusable. Thinking maybe a suction to the window might work better?
I was initially hoping there may be a company that comes out with a top of dash rack similar to the F150 and 150 Raptors to hold it but haven’t had any luck finding.
Sponsored

Mupt

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Occupation
Retired USAF
Anybody have a good solution for a MagSafe phone holder that fits with the new generation? The unique shape of the vents makes generic vent clip versions unusable. Thinking maybe a suction to the window might work better?
I was initially hoping there may be a company that comes out with a top of dash rack similar to the F150 and 150 Raptors to hold it but haven’t had any luck finding.
I have this in my Edge and it works great!!! Already ordered one for whenever I get my 24 Lariat FX4. It is window, but suction is awesome and can adjust view quuckly.

Screenshot_20240522_092900_Amazon Shopping.jpg

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
I
Pretty sure that is what I will do as well.
saw this mentioned in a similar thread, seems to be a pretty solid solution. Though it looks like the phone may be partially covered by the wheel from the driver’s perspective. Not the biggest deal but I often take calls from my truck and need a mounted area where my camera isn’t blocked…

Sponsored
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
I have this in my Edge and it works great!!! Already ordered one for whenever I get my 24 Lariat FX4. It is window, but suction is awesome and can adjust view quuckly.

Screenshot_20240522_092900_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Nervous to go with suction in case it falls off - I off road for work, think something like this would hold up to abuse? Thanks for the suggestion.

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
I also bought the Proclip mount and I'm using their adapter that runs an Apple Magsafe puck. Half of my reason for going for a mount is for better charging, so for that I only want to mess with an Apple charger. Can see the phone from my seating position and the mount gives you a low/high mount option, with about an inch of height adjustment.

I used the same puck in my previous car for 2 years and never had issues with a regular Pro iPhone falling off.

IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

1TruckLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST, 2024 Ranger Raptor (On Order)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I also bought the Proclip mount and I'm using their adapter that runs an Apple Magsafe puck. Half of my reason for going for a mount is for better charging, so for that I only want to mess with an Apple charger. Can see the phone from my seating position and the mount gives you a low/high mount option, with about an inch of height adjustment.

I used the same puck in my previous car for 2 years and never had issues with a regular Pro iPhone falling off.

IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg
How easy does it mount to the dash?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor

IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg
This looks like pretty much exactly what I’m looking for. Really appreciate the pictures too, this setup is great.

Sponsored

Mupt

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Occupation
Retired USAF
Nervous to go with suction in case it falls off - I off road for work, think something like this would hold up to abuse? Thanks for the suggestion.
I have had it through the winter and it was recommended from a friend who lives in Colorado who has had it with no issues with it for over a year. I do not off road...yet...lol. It says suctions to dash or window. You could try for the price . Amazon takes returns

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
How easy does it mount to the dash?
2 minute install. You slip the top of the clip under the gauge cluster trim, then carefully bend the clip and tuck the bottom on the bottom of the gauge cluster trim. A plastic pry tool is helpful for getting the top started.

Proclip has a link to the install instructions on the product page with pictures.

Top Fuel Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, '22 Mach1, '21 Diesel Wrangler
FYSA I ordered the pro clip today - the dash mount is Out of stock apparently without an ETA (it doesn't tell you this until you order)

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor Velocity Blue
Im still using my Kenu Airframe vent holder. Works in every vehicle Ive thrown it in.