• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

MagSafe phone holder for 6G Ranger and RR

RangerRick1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
what's wrong with using apple car play and the sync4 screen?
Sponsored

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
what's wrong with using apple car play and the sync4 screen?
For me its more about charging. The wireless charger in the Ranger is better than previous car wireless chargers I've used, but it still tends to overheat the phone which is going to degrade the battery over time.

Plus this truck is lacking storage space, so its nice to free up the charger area for other junk.

Cyrusblack

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Chief Executive Officer of Pencil Sharpening
For me its more about charging. The wireless charger in the Ranger is better than previous car wireless chargers I've used, but it still tends to overheat the phone which is going to degrade the battery over time.

Plus this truck is lacking storage space, so its nice to free up the charger area for other junk.
Wireless overheating was my experience as well. I posted my solution before. I plugged in a small 4 port hub to the USB hub and ran a lightning cable off that. Since then I upgraded to the iPhone 15 pro so now I use the USB-C port 👌

borfoo3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Raptor, 2015 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Engineer
I have both mounts from the manufacturer of proclip for the RR for almost 6 months.

Drover side: It was is fine for regular driving use, but will fall off during offroad use.
Passenger drawer: holds great and no issues so far

Also, driver side one deformed a bit (probably due to our extremely hot sun) and no longer holds as good as when new. currently looking for a more durable replacement.

20230918_180938.jpg
20230918_180947.jpg
20230920_190659.jpg
20230918_180938.jpg