• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Maybe Got a Ranger Raptor Order...Maybe Not?

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Those emails are worthless as those orders won't be built. Needed a stock order and you had to be the only one.

Otherwise, best to wait until q4 or later when they get their retail allocation #s.
Do you know what happens if a dealer put multiple stock orders in? Will they pull one at random or will they not pull any?
Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
Do you know what happens if a dealer put multiple stock orders in? Will they pull one at random or will they not pull any?
They will pull the highest priority code that matches the available commodities when they have allocation to be pulled.

Sponsored

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Those emails are worthless as those orders won't be built. Needed a stock order and you had to be the only one.

Otherwise, best to wait until q4 or later when they get their retail allocation #s.
No reason to think this isn't true - just a computer glitch, as soon as my dealer got the word to do the stock order he input mine again as stock with same color, etc., and I was the only one they ordered for. I was most worried that they would get there one for stock in some color I did not want and with add-ons I did not want to. And without a VIN which emails did not have you couldn't check an order anyway.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
cation under the same owner as the folks I'm working with, asked to speak to sales manager. Basically got the same answer after he did some digging, told me orders haven't opened yet (for the
I went in last week and their "system" let them order like a normal customer order. He just called and said Ford told him they had to order it to/as stock. He kept the original order in the system and duplicated what I wanted which was pretty much standard with only exception being deleted side decals. This will hopefully mean if the stock order goes thru it at least will be the color I wanted. I am very close to this dealer having driven for them for years pre-virus on auction pickups and dealer trades, GM is brother of one of my best friends, etc., that helps....but who knows, and yes fingers crossed....and of course we now know they won't build until Sept. as the value of my trade goes down :)
Man I didn't know you can get deleted side decals. I would have did that too.

btguenther

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Platinum / 2005 Mustang Convertible
Same. Informed by my local dealer manager that the Fords spray in bed liner is handled by a third party. He advised just going with an aftermarket product.
My dealer advised the same, but I like the Ford logo in the front of the bed with the production spray in liner. My F150 has it and it’s held up well so I’m willing to delay my Raptor to get it. The Line X premium is a better product though.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Man I didn't know you can get deleted side decals. I would have did that too.
I was pleasantly surprised, don't like decals or stripes of other graphic personally. I was going to get the 4x4 taken off my current Ranger but since I selling or trading I didn't.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I was pleasantly surprised, don't like decals or stripes of other graphic personally. I was going to get the 4x4 taken off my current Ranger but since I selling or trading I didn't.
I'll probably just try to do it myself, it looks pretty easy from the videos I watched.
Sponsored