• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Mileage on your truck at delivery?

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
As everyone starts getting their new trucks. Was wonder what mileage was on them when they get to the dealership. Mine had 58 miles on it all reading. So they must have put it through some testing before shipping.
Sponsored

cboggs

First Name
Curtiss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger
As everyone starts getting their new trucks. Was wonder what mileage was on them when they get to the dealership. Mine had 58 miles on it all reading. So they must have put it through some testing before shipping.
Mine had 57.

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician
IMHO - anything over 5 miles is a joy ride and borders on a demo. It throws the whole idea of self breaking it in right out the window.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
IMHO - anything over 5 miles is a joy ride and borders on a demo. It throws the whole idea of self breaking it in right out the window.
you would be severely disappointed by a lot of new vehicles then 😂 50miles is virtually nothing, and between moving the truck from the plant, to the lot, to the delivery truck, to the next lot, etc etc…miles add up quickly. I’d be shocked if their doing any sort of joy ride.

Sponsored

phillyexpat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat Fx4
41 for me

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
you would be severely disappointed by a lot of new vehicles then 😂 50miles is virtually nothing, and between moving the truck from the plant, to the lot, to the delivery truck, to the next lot, etc etc…miles add up quickly. I’d be shocked if their doing any sort of joy ride.
Most vehicles delivered to our dealership had no more than 10 miles and that's over yrs and yrs of being in business.

We'd get a token one every year or so with more miles on it, but it would be always be badged from Ford with a sticker indicating it had been road tested as a qc control at the plant.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
Mine had 75 miles, it was test driven according to dealer
Test driven by Ford or the dealer let others test drive your special ordered vehicle?

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician

Sponsored

Pharmerdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 1999 Mustang GT
Test driven by Ford or the dealer let others test drive your special ordered vehicle?
by Ford, I picked up at the dealer the day of delivery , my ford pass had been active for about a week, 75 miles when it left Wayne Michigan

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The extra mileage happens at the plant as part of first-run QA testing being more stringent, this has been discussed previously.

Just part of ordering a brand new vehicle and being one of the first built.
Sponsored