• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

My Choice on Tire / Rim Setup

LABikeWrench

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor (Azure)
Been following the threads here since I got my VIP allocation slot last summer. Blend date is 3/26. Here is my build.

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin= 1FTER4LR1RLE11013

I am based in SoCal just North of LA. A lot of friend in motorsports down here so off the start, keeping this close to stock. Camburg Enginneering, Baja Designs & King will be using my truck for scanning and figment checks. As well as some development with myself

For Wheels and Tires.

Wheels: Method 703 Beadgrip 17x8.5 +35mm
Tires: Toyo RT Trail 285/75/R17 10ply E

The tires are going to be a 33.8x11.3. Skinny / tall for some Baja & Mojave runs.

I will not be running any perch collars or spacers so stock front end height till Camburg & King develop aftermarket fitment.

based of the Aussie side research I have done, I may have to do minor plastic trimming with this setup but much less than running 315s or true 35s. I will document once I get the truck in hand in hopefully about a month

I’ll will have the truck up on my Instagram @LABikeWrench with update build and some teasers of aftermarket development
Sponsored

OP
OP

LABikeWrench

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor (Azure)
Little change based on a new Wheel Launch this morning

KMC Hatchet 17x8.5 +25
Toyo RT Trail 285/75/R18

This should be only a few mm beyond fender, by my guess work, 5mm~. Should produce a nice stance, widen track width just a bit.

As a note, I will have stock Non-Beadlocks up for grabs for any of those Ranger dude looking to do a direct swap.

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2023 Toyota GR86
Little change based on a new Wheel Launch this morning

KMC Hatchet 17x8.5 +25
Toyo RT Trail 285/75/R18

This should be only a few mm beyond fender, by my guess work, 5mm~. Should produce a nice stance, widen track width just a bit.

As a note, I will have stock Non-Beadlocks up for grabs for any of those Ranger dude looking to do a direct swap.
18" tire on a 17" wheel will be interesting

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
Found this website that has a pretty nice gallery of 6G RR with custom wheels and tires.
I find looking over pics of different setups with different tires and wheel offsets in particular very informative when researching the right stance or look that I am wanting to create.

Ford Ranger Raptor Next-Gen Aftermarket Wheels Gallery | Wheel Front

DirtDerrick

First Name
NB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DFNDR,6.7HO,DrkHrse,Braptor,150Rap,RRap,WRX,Ranger
Occupation
People Person
Shouldn't have any issues as long as you remove the crash bars/trim them (whatever is the legal thing to say). A lot of the broncos did this when trying to run 35's...on models that weren't factory equipped with them. I stayed with factory tire but went with a 9" rim and a 0 offset. Poke is perfect, sticks out past fenders a little, but I got the factory mudflaps and it's flush with them. Stance, look, handling is much better. Little wider and bfg's are flatter. Tire looks wider now. You should be able to run 35's with the bars gone, and a little trimming.
Ford Ranger My Choice on Tire / Rim Setup Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 5.26.46 PM
Ford Ranger My Choice on Tire / Rim Setup Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 5.27.00 PM
Ford Ranger My Choice on Tire / Rim Setup Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 5.27.17 PM

Sponsored

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
Shouldn't have any issues as long as you remove the crash bars/trim them (whatever is the legal thing to say). A lot of the broncos did this when trying to run 35's...on models that weren't factory equipped with them. I stayed with factory tire but went with a 9" rim and a 0 offset. Poke is perfect, sticks out past fenders a little, but I got the factory mudflaps and it's flush with them. Stance, look, handling is much better. Little wider and bfg's are flatter. Tire looks wider now. You should be able to run 35's with the bars gone, and a little trimming.
Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 5.26.46 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 5.27.00 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 5.27.17 PM.png
That looks really good!

OP
OP

LABikeWrench

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor (Azure)
Cut out crash bars on my old 17 F150 build to fit 35S and my current 21 Ranger build with 285/70s.

Should be quick and painless, maybe a bit of work on the pinch welds cab side of fender.

I’ll follow back on this thread in hopefully 3-4 weeks with what was trimmed to make this setup function lock to lock and full bottom.
Sponsored