• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

New XLT FX4

OP
OP

Sean82

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 SCrew XLT
Cool!
Definitely looks way cleaner!
Sponsored

Cyrusblack

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Chief Executive Officer of Pencil Sharpening
Wow, nice! No trouble working? Being that it is farther from the control module now?
Nope - it is wireless. Many have done this before. If you’re gonna try this go very slow. Don’t rush the heating. It will pop off at the right temperature and slight pressure 👍

Reactions: DMC

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Picked up a silver XLT FX4 with chrome appearance pack this week.
Coming from a 2021 cactus grey XLT with sport and technology packs. Lease was up on the 2021 and I went to buy it out, but found out it was $45 more to lease a new one so figured why not.

This is ”just” the 2.3L but I’m honestly not bummed by that (what I am pi$$ed about is that Ford USA won’t give us the awesome 3.0L V6 TDi which is about 250hp and 450lb-ft that Australia gets…also…the Everest…why can’t we have that?!…also jealous that my dad has Ordered an Everest Platinum with the 3.0 V6 TDi)

Things I’m loving so far (after 2hrs in the seat and like 100mi) that are different from my 21 model:
- drive modes; I like that eco and sport seem distinctly different throttle mapping and I’m cool with that
- the 12” infotainment screen (though split screen would be nice…)
- power outlet in the bed (I will end up using these)
- power rear sliding glass
- Seats; the new seats feel a lot better than the old model
- LED DRLs; I really like the new front end
- Auto-fold wing mirrors on locking
- one-touch up/down for passenger window
- The side-step into the bed! Epic (should be standard!!!!)

Things I’m already missing (which are probably just specific to the Technology pack I had on the 2021 but don’t have because I don’t have the tech pack on the 24):
- Active cruise…man I love that! Going to miss it (this is standard on the XLT and up in Australia…why not here?!)
- Front parking sensors…
- The cheap but super useful keypad on the door (I’m told this can be dealer-fitted for a price…probably cost a kidney though…)
- Lock/Unlock all doors buttons in the rear doors…this is a small thing, but they are insanely handy! The number of times I’ll get out, close the driver’s door, then get stuff out the back seat and then lock using those buttons on the rear door…all the time! I had them on my old truck, but not on the new and already I REALLY miss them.
- Cactus gray…I loved this color. But unfortunately wasn’t able to special order one just the way timing went with my lease ending and travel for work and not being around in the weeks leading up to lease end

Some things I’m disappointed Ford didn’t change (and 1 thing they did):
- No keyless entry/start on a $44K truck!?!?!? WTF? (This is standard on XLT and up in Aus)
- No 60/40 split folding rear seats. I would LOVE to have this!
- No center-stack rear AC vents (are they on the Lariat/Raptor?? Be nice if they were on lower trims)
- Where did the gas hood struts go?!?!? WTH Ford?! Going from gas struts on the 21 to old school brace support in 24 is a downgrade

Still not sure on the chrome pack…but it was all that was available. I do think I’ll come to really like it, just that I’ve never owned a vehicle with chrome wheels so this is a new thing for me which I’m not used to.

Still to get a spray-in bed liner. But so far I’m liking it

IMG_0669.jpeg

IMG_0680.jpeg

IMG_0671.jpeg
Congratulations on your new Ranger, Sean! Thanks for being a part of the Ford family! 🤩

craigc

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Got my wife’s hair dryer out and used a Harbor Freight plastic pry bar and gently lifted it off, stuck it back on the back of fuel door and got the Goo Gone and got the door back to perfect without any marks, shadows or damage. The door looks so much cleaner now. ✅
Interesting - seeing posts about moving this to the gas door. I guess the Ranger doesn't have a gas door that locks with the truck? Is that true on all trims?

Cyrusblack

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Chief Executive Officer of Pencil Sharpening
Interesting - seeing posts about moving this to the gas door. I guess the Ranger doesn't have a gas door that locks with the truck? Is that true on all trims?
Well - you got me to go out the garage and check. When the truck is locked the gas door is not locked. So yes, the door is always able to be opened.
Sponsored