• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Next Gen Rock Sliders

DanTheMan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Occupation
Social Worker
Finally "In production" Hooray!

I ordered the factory running boards, but only because it was necessary for the FX4 package. The factory ones hang much lower than I would like.

Does anyone have experience and or plans to install some rock slider running boards? If so, what are your experiences/ plans for the next gen Ranger?

I have been looking at a few different options, but I am interested to hear everyone's thoughts.

I should mention that I am most interested in options that function well as a running board, as most f what I have seen thus far are relatively narrow.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
Finally "In production" Hooray!

I ordered the factory running boards, but only because it was necessary for the FX4 package. The factory ones hang much lower than I would like.

Does anyone have experience and or plans to install some rock slider running boards? If so, what are your experiences/ plans for the next gen Ranger?

I have been looking at a few different options, but I am interested to hear everyone's thoughts.

I should mention that I am most interested in options that function well as a running board, as most f what I have seen thus far are relatively narrow.
Look at the ARB slider/running boards. They are on this truck in the Ford Performance ORV vehicle.

Last edited:

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I was expecting to have to buy new ones but Ford added theirs. I do like my GoRhino RB20's on my current vehicle, they sit up nice and high and still have a place to step on.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
I want some power running boards. I don't plan on doing and major off roading

OP
OP

DanTheMan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Occupation
Social Worker
Look at the ARB slider/running boards. They are on this truck in the Ford Performance ORV vehicle.
Those look great. I reached out to ARB and this was their reply.

Screenshot_20240119_093603_Gmail.jpg

Sponsored

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
Are the frames the same for US and Australian trucks? Could rock sliders ordered from down under be bolted to a US truck? I would assume so, but realize there could be differences. And for that matter do the Raptors use the same frame as the non-Raptor trucks?

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are the frames the same for US and Australian trucks? Could rock sliders ordered from down under be bolted to a US truck? I would assume so, but realize there could be differences. And for that matter do the Raptors use the same frame as the non-Raptor trucks?
I would think the frame is the same. The hard part will be convincing a AU outfitter to ship to us.

Another possible option for non-raptors would be buying the raptor sliders off someone who doesn't want them, assuming they will fit. They don't seem to be full sliders, more of a hybrid between a step and a slider. But they don't look to hinder ground clearance nearly as bad as the fx4 side steps do.

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
I would think the frame is the same. The hard part will be convincing a AU outfitter to ship to us.

Another possible option for non-raptors would be buying the raptor sliders off someone who doesn't want them, assuming they will fit. They don't seem to be full sliders, more of a hybrid between a step and a slider. But they don't look to hinder ground clearance nearly as bad as the fx4 side steps do.
Yeah, I realize it's probably a long shot (or at least an expensive one to ship). I did find another thread where an EU owner shipped rock sliders for his Raptor from Australia and they fit fine. Things to think about.
Sponsored