• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

No A/C

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
Got my Raptor last night, drove it around. Fell in love, it's perfect. Or so I thought.

Had a trip planed for all next week in Austin, leaving this morning. Decided to take the Raptor. About an hour in decided to turn on the A/C and only warm air. Thought maybe I was selecting the wrong setting but no, it's just blowing out warm air. Maybe they forgot to charge the thing? Who knows. So, doubt I'll have time to mess with it at a dealership while I'm in Texas so I'll have to be sweaty and take her in when I get home.

Almost perfect.
Sponsored

FarelaneF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
This happened to my 23 Expedition recently. Was calling to get it serviced but the next day, after sitting turned off for about 12 hours... the problem fixed itself.

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
Got my Raptor last night, drove it around. Fell in love, it's perfect. Or so I thought.

Had a trip planed for all next week in Austin, leaving this morning. Decided to take the Raptor. About an hour in decided to turn on the A/C and only warm air. Thought maybe I was selecting the wrong setting but no, it's just blowing out warm air. Maybe they forgot to charge the thing? Who knows. So, doubt I'll have time to mess with it at a dealership while I'm in Texas so I'll have to be sweaty and take her in when I get home.

Almost perfect.
at least we know this should be a warranty repair and you not have to pay for anything.. could be a easy fix or something like the first comment said… but yeah you should be able to get it to a dealer and hopefully they have opening to get you in immediately if you get there first thing in the morning

OP
OP
jrRaptor

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I did notice the AC clutch didn't engage when I turned on the AC this morning. I went to look at the fuses but the panel is blank, no fuse labeling. The owners guide in the infotainment screen wasn't much help. Quick online search wasn't much help either. Engine bay was too hot to reach down and check connections. Only other thing I can think of is leaked refrigerant, assuming it was ever filled at all.

Sponsored

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, ordered '24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I did notice the AC clutch didn't engage when I turned on the AC this morning. I went to look at the fuses but the panel is blank, no fuse labeling. The owners guide in the infotainment screen wasn't much help. Quick online search wasn't much help either. Engine bay was too hot to reach down and check connections. Only other thing I can think of is leaked refrigerant, assuming it was ever filled at all.
Try Engine Compartment Fuse #8. A/C clutch solenoid. Info starts on page 386 of the owner's manual, along with a fuse box diagram. Not sure if there is a relay associated with this and have not seen which relay it would be.
Also can go here, which has more info than printed manual. Just search for relay or fuse.
2024 Ranger Owner's Manual (fordservicecontent.com)

Ford Ranger No A/C Relay.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
jrRaptor

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks, the diagram is helpful. The one on the screen in the truck can't be zoomed in so kind of pointless. I'll check the fuses but seeing as they share the same circuit as the grill shutter motor, I know those work. Could be a relay like you said. Will have to look some more. Maybe I'll just start tapping on all the relays.

OP
OP
jrRaptor

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Got back in town tonight. 1,980 miles of fun in the truck, albeit without A/C. Decided to take a look at the A/C a little closer and broke out the UV light and found what appears to be A/C dye signifying a leak. What do you think?

Ford Ranger No A/C 20240413_222430

Scheduled an appointment for service at the closest dealership on Monday. We'll see what they say.

Stay tuned...

Last edited:
OP
OP
jrRaptor

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Dropped off BB RPTR at dealership this morning. Was supposed to be a 2 hour ordeal but they kept the truck all day after replacing the expansion valve seal and tested for leaks. Still leaked so they're ordering a new expansion valve which will be 3-4 days. More to come.

On another note, the service guy really liked the Ranger Raptor and especially the Shelter Green. They hadn't got their allocation yet so hadn't seen one in person.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger

Almost perfect.
Good morning! Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this air conditioning concern on my end?

OP
OP
jrRaptor

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Good morning! Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this air conditioning concern on my end?
Thanks for reaching out! Message sent. Service dealership has been great.
Sponsored