• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Not what I was hoping for

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Super Crew, short bed only misses the target for me. Only hope now is they continually roll out more options over time like the rest of the world :frown: How is a fleet buyer or tradesman supposed to prefer this over alternatives with a $34k starting price? Head scratcher there. At least this takes the pressure off to move fast on early ordering.
Sponsored

Underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC, 1998 Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired
Super Crew, short bed only misses the target for me. Only hope now is they continually roll out more options over time like the rest of the world :frown: How is a fleet buyer or tradesman supposed to prefer this over alternatives with a $34k starting price? Head scratcher there. At least this takes the pressure off to move fast on early ordering.
Yep. No SuperCab means my next new truck will probably be a Tacoma. I have no use for 4 full doors. Bed space is much more important.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I will just repost what I posed in another thread.

I have to say I am not impressed. I think it looks like a larger Maverick. I really do not like the front end much. The Raptor looks ok on the front. I really didn't care for this current gen Ranger front end but it grew on me so maybe this will. . I think the screens inside are nice. I like it is offering a 6 cyl as a option.
Honestly it doesn't look like much changed. It even has the exact seats in my Ranger.
Wow still uses a key on some models.

I really do not get this gen with all trucks. Prices are getting so outrageous they will push people back to cars. Guess what Ford you do not have any.

I love the look of the Colorado but the trial boss has no rear defrost, heated seats are not even a option. Allot of trucks are bought in cold weather places. These trucks got even more expensive. Wow.

GMC Canyon I love the look of this truck the most. Defiantly the most impressive of all the midsized truck so far. Not much different feeling than the Colorado on pricing. Ouch.

Nissan Frontier is solid, nice they have a naturally aspirated 6. Way over priced for a Nissan.

Toyota Tacoma exterior looks nice we do not know much else.

I mean come one some of these models don't even have leds standard. I mean way to really raise prices and not include stuff that should be standard nowadays.

Now rumored again the Dakota is coming.

I predict in a few years not even that long there is going to be a truck war and prices will drop after the newness wears off. Especially with these interest rates.

honestly I will hold on to my Ranger and see how things pan out for a while.

OP
OP
Ranger#5?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
>Nissan Frontier is solid, nice they have a naturally aspirated 6. Way over priced for a Nissan.<

I went to Nissan B&P and starting price is only $30k- $4k less than new Ranger. That is for King Cab (SCab) S trim, 4x2- but 5' bed. You have to go to Crew Cab SV trim to get 6' bed (which I really want/need) and of course price goes way up. There's a lot to like about just the S trim with the V6 and far less annoying useless Nanny Tech IMO :wink:

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
if you were expecting them keep 6 foot alive... i have bridge to sell you. I don't see Tacoma either. If they do,... That will be huge . Finding out theirs no auto 4x4 except raptor is kinda bizarre. That shouldn't happen in 2023. No bed steps as standard equipment. A zonk. The 2023 rangers are looking pretty good right now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ranger#5?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
if you were expecting them keep 6 foot alive... i have bridge to sell you. I don't see Tacoma either. If they do,... That will be huge . Finding out theirs no auto 4x4 except raptor is kinda bizarre. That shouldn't happen in 2023. No bed steps as standard equipment. A zonk. The 2023 rangers are looking pretty good right now.
MANY cab & bed configurations already available on ROW. Unfortunately, we can't order a new 2023 anymore :frown:

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
MANY cab & bed configurations already available on ROW. Unfortunately, we can't order a new 2023 anymore :frown:
Gotta find 2023 single cab they are out their. The unicorn is out there!!

OP
OP
Ranger#5?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Gotta find 2023 single cab they are out their. The unicorn is out there!!
I want Super Cab, and brand new. I already have a Maverick ECO like you, so I can afford to wait this out to see if Ford drops more options later...

Latour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Where the heck is the Wildtrack X with rock crawl mode??? Very disappointed. Looking at Tacoma now.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Frontier has 6 foot bed. I expect Tacoma to offer 6 foot bed.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Same here. Been in Ford's since '79 but with no Wildtrack X or Tremor package AND no rear ac vents, time to look at a Tacoma too.

Yea but current gen didn't have Tremor at launch. It doesn't mean there won't be one. I am actually surprised they launching with as many trims and options as they are. I still ownder if some of them will actually be available or it might be like the Bronco. Yea we offer them but wait two years..

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
I want Super Cab, and brand new. I already have a Maverick ECO like you, so I can afford to wait this out to see if Ford drops more options later...
Don't despair "Yet". Our Aussie friend Bill (@bill_AUS) seems to be hinting that more is coming (Hint). I think it is possible Ford will have another drop coming right after Toyota reveals the new Tacoma.

Latour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Don't despair "Yet". Our Aussie friend Bill (@bill_AUS) seems to be hinting that more is coming (Hint). I think it is possible Ford will have another drop coming right after Toyota reveals the new Tacoma.
I really hope so. Raptor is RAD, but too much engine and price for me. Wildtrack X is the PERFECT compromise with wheels,rock crawl mode, more aggressive black fixtures,etc. I’ll wait till the 19th when Taco comes out to see Fords response.
Sponsored