• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Options to make the perfect next gen Ranger

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Ford Ranger Options to make the perfect next gen Ranger 20191224_140035

^^^What's this? Is it part of the tray or truck? It looks like USB but my truck doesn't have that?

Ford Ranger Options to make the perfect next gen Ranger 20191224_140348

Travis11

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019Tacoma
Lower the bedsides by about 6”. Agree with other comments about rear seat arrangement. Other than that, this truck ticks all of the rest of my boxes. Overall this is a great truck.

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Agree with most of what's already been listed, although price would be impacted and of course that still matters to some of us.

I've got 3K miles on my Lariat and do love it as is, but here's my wish list for this trim level:

~ Auto folding mirrors (with engine start/stop)
~ Option to set the auto start/stop feature how you want it to operate
~ Auto start is nice on the app, but put it back on the key fob as well
~ Backilighted manual temp controls. I know I can use the screen, but backlighting on the manual controls would be nice too have ...hard to see at night
~ Move the rear seat latch controls to the driver side.
~ I'm OK with the cheap leather, but maybe offer an upgrade with some REAL leather? I would have paid for that!
~ Memory for driver's seat adjustments
~ Last but not least ...wireless map and system updates!!!
Update: Scratch the backlighted temp controls, the Ranger already has that. I can see them at night, the controls are dim during the day and I guess that's why I thought there was no backlighting.

Rbflorida

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Researching
Lower the bedsides by about 6”. Agree with other comments about rear seat arrangement. Other than that, this truck ticks all of the rest of my boxes. Overall this is a great truck.
I’m currently driving a 2017 Ridgeline and the low bed sides are my biggest complaint. Can’t put much of anything with any height under the tonneau. Have to roll it up way too frequently.

Sponsored

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT sport 4x4, 2016 Ford Escape SE AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Director of Development / Residential Construction
xlt & higher...auto down/up pwr windows. ovhd remote visor and a damn hood mounted light for engine compartment.

Pat Garrett

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
RSO Range Safety Officer
There really isn't to much it doesn't have that I would want/need but a few would be:

Cooled seats
a larger engine option
Auto start/stop with a longer delay
A console tray you can actually use,not the pencil holder they give you now
Tailgate damper :lipssealed:
Better leather in the Lariat
Power rear window,it's useless without one
I’ve heard a few state they want more than the 4 cylinder that the ranger has BUT you need to take another look at that motor.. it’s a few bolt-ons, 400 hp is do-able. With just a retune, you can get 350... with a waistgate and larger intercooler tunes, you’ll be surprised..
This is the same motor used in the rally cars turning out over 1000 hp...

Montana Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
There should be a further-back grab for door. I have to take extra care when opening door in tight parking spaces to prevent it from whacking whatever is in the way.

Grab handle on driver side for ingress/egress.

Ability to record front camera to SD card.

Mechanically more simple V6. I plan to keep this truck for a long time, but am concerned about the complexity of the EcoBoost and wonder what kind of expensive surprises there may be in 10 years or so.

Sunroof. Like being able to crack open for fresh air for dog.

Better control over the auto-stop.

Get some usability people in to re-think Sync. It's awesome, for 2005. Could be more functional and better aesthetically.

120V in bed.

Locking gas door.

Another 5 gallons in the tank for improved range.

More/better engine health/performance info: Display the gear you are currently in with the tachometer gauge. (You can currently pull that up on a poorly conceived and hard to read “tape” type on the right display) On the Lariat, the digital fuel and temp gauges are poorly designed and cluttered. The temp is nearly impossible to meaningfully interpret. In that same digital space, there should be a display with the tach, current gear, fuel, temp, oil pressure, and turbo boost. Also include the estimated range here as well. (That would be my display 99% of the time) And there’s no reason these can’t be calibrated since the engine management computer already knows this info. This is all good stuff to know if you’re towing on grades in warm weather.

The right-side screen is dedicated to phone/entertainment info and the space is poorly utilized and largely useless.

Come on, it’s 2020. The low-def backup camera is adequate, but why not high-def?

Oh, and glare from the license plate lights make backup camera difficult at night.

Bmoose

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Sport Trac
I'm closing in on 10,000 miles on my new Ranger, and I still love it - it still brings a smile to my face when I drive it. With that said, there are some things that would make this truck a perfect vehicle for me. I'm hoping at least some of these can be incorporated into the next gen Rangers:
  • Locking gas door (with interior release latch)
  • 60/40 split rear seat - this has been talked about at length - while it hasn't really been a huge issue for me, it would be nice to have some options here
  • Rear seat fold flat - again, not a huge issue, but it would be nice to have some options here
  • Better under rear seat storage
  • 6 foot bed option - this was probably the biggest compromise I made when purchasing this truck - I really wanted to keep my 6 foot bed
  • Longer center console lid (or sliding lid - so you can easily rest arm on console and still steer comfortably)
  • Tailgate damper - this has been resolved by the aftermarket part, but it really should be standard equipment on higher trim levels
  • 120v Power in bed - not 12, but 120 - I know we have the in cab option which is nice, but it would be very useful to have it in the bed as well
  • Slightly less bounce but still make it a nice daily driver - I don't mind the bounce, but it would be nice if a slightly better middle ground could be found - this is really a nit for me.
  • Firmer brake pedal - Again, it doesn't bother me too much, but I can see what others have talked about for a long time - seems like it could be a bit firmer - this is another nit for me.
Many of these are VERY picky items - as I said, I love my new Ranger - it would just be nice to have a few more options in the next gen version. It will be interesting to see what the next gen version brings to the table in a couple of years.
I can't believe I'm the only one that can't do without a power moonroof. Like the power rear wind feature like my 3 Sport Tracs too.....

Sponsored

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
I just want a drivers side grab handle.
Why there isn't one just baffles me. My 2010 Ranger had one and I used it a lot.

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
I can't believe I'm the only one that can't do without a power moonroof. Like the power rear wind feature like my 3 Sport Tracs too.....
I've had one (the moonroof) on 3 vehicles and almost never used it. It sounds cool and looks cool, but I just rarely used it.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
why would you guys want a locking gas door? As for the dampened tailgate LOL that really cracks me up the thing weighs like 5 pounds and ppl are crying for a dampner. No offense I just find it comical. As for what I would want I would like the 2.7 V6 ecoboost option even though the 2.3 is a little beast. Also I miss the all 4 window auto up/down but that's just nitpicking.
Also a higher trim than Lariat would be cool like the Wildtrac or w/e its called overseas the seats in those are awesome.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger 2AW & TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
I just want a drivers side grab handle.
:party: U can have mine if I u give me ur tailgate :crackup:

seriously they did things wrong as they splitted in a world and a US ranger. I would be very happy to have the US fenders and the tailgate design but I am happy with my 3.2 5cyl diesel engine for example.

Edith says a locking gasdoor WITH a twistable cover would be a step foreward. The solution with that limp adapter for the canister is nothing like a bad joke!
Sponsored

Last edited: