• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Price protection.

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
Now that all RRaptor orders are being changed to retail from stock, are all our orders now price protected or do they have to be scheduled for production before that happens?
Sponsored

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
You're price protected from the moment you place a retail order. The truck doesn't have to be scheduled for production.

Tony Sorrento

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Auto Sales
You're price protected from the moment you place a retail order. The truck doesn't have to be scheduled for production.
So because the first one is a "Stock" order, i do not believe there is price protection ...

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
So because the first one is a "Stock" order, i do not believe there is price protection ...
That's true. There's no price protection on stock orders, but earlier this week Ford instructed dealers to transition their first stock order to retail. Once the ordered is changed to retail it is immediately price protected.

Skitrem47

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Teacher
After thinking about this change from stock to retail more it has me thinking maybe Ford is doing it to protect the customer from the already advertised huge markups that some dealers were already placing on their stock allocation? I was hearing anywhere from 5k-15k above msrp by some on this forum. I was promised one at MSRP, but others were getting hosed on theirs.

or it could be something completely different altogether

Sponsored

Rick Dama

First Name
radpm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, F-150
Occupation
Retired
I was a loyal Ford owner for over 40 years. I almost always ordered exactly what i wanted. I was going to do the same for a Ranger Rapter. After inquiring with several dealers all were asking above MSRP, 10%, $7,500, $10,000 and so on. Their reasoning was, because we can.
Paying MSRP is enough of a profit margin.

Good by Ford, hello Toyota Tacoma.

Tony Sorrento

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Auto Sales
I was a loyal Ford owner for over 40 years. I almost always ordered exactly what i wanted. I was going to do the same for a Ranger Rapter. After inquiring with several dealers all were asking above MSRP, 10%, $7,500, $10,000 and so on. Their reasoning was, because we can.

We don't mark up vehicles at our store ... buy you will find the same issue with Toyota dealers on their high end Tacomas ... but again, not every dealer

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer

When I was still shopping around, every Toyota dealership I spoke to had a markup of $5-$10k on the TRD Pro models. You also can’t order custom from Toyota, the manufacturer decides what specs they actually send to dealers. Good on you for sticking to your principles but I don’t think you’ll find the situation better with Toyota.

Irontom73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 PSD

Funny... I paid $2600 over MSRP for my 2022 Tacoma TRD Pro. Getting the Ranger Raptor for MSRP and got to pick my options.

Sponsored

Rick Dama

First Name
radpm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, F-150
Occupation
Retired
I checked 5 Ford dealers, all wanted over MSRP (Milwaukee area and west). checked 8 Toyota dealers only one thought they might ask over MSRP. The other 7 dealers all at MSRP. I guess you got lucky getting a Rapter at MSRP. What ares of the country are you?

Irontom73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 PSD
What ares of the country are you?
Eastern Nebraska. I was surprised to be able to get this deal. I contacted six dealers, three had their allocation spoken for, two wanted $5000 over, and the one I ordered from called me on the day the banks opened and offered me theirs at MSRP.

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
My dealer said I'm getting one of their two 2024 Raptor allocations at sticker, but haven't responsed when I asked about getting their stock order converted to a retail order to lock in price protection.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

not only will you still likely pay ADMs on a next-gen Tacoma, but you will also have to part with the "always ordered exactly what i wanted" because Toyota doesn't allow that.

OP
OP
pyates999

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
not only will you still likely pay ADMs on a next-gen Tacoma, but you will also have to part with the "always ordered exactly what i wanted" because Toyota doesn't allow that.
I don’t care how long I have to wait for my RRaptor order to be built & I certainly don’t care if Toyota allows custom orders, I’ll NEVER own a Toyota or any other foreign owned company built vehicle. I’m an American & I’m not participating in that BS!!
Sponsored