• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Saw this PDF on the Bronco6g forum:

AutoForeCastSolutions has published its comprehensive North American vehicle product map (updated Nov 2022). Their product map has been pretty accurate in the past.
  • Current Bronco (U725) end of production: October 2029
  • Next gen Bronco (U765) start of production: November 2029 (ending 2036)
  • Electric Bronco EV / BEV (U800) start of production: November 2029 (ending 2036)
  • 7th gen Bronco will remain on the T6 platform and continue being built at Michigan Assembly Plant
  • Electric Bronco BEV will be built on TE1 platform (shared with Ranger BEV) and built at Blue Oval City in Tennessee

Ford Ranger Ranger EV in 2029 according to product forecast map. Will share TE1 platform with Bronco EV 7thgen-2030-bronco-bronco-ev-

Shows Current Ranger starting Production 5/1/23 and a BEV Ranger (along side a Bronco) in August 2029 (Bronco Nov 2029).

No mention of a PHEV though. Interesting indeed....
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Now that I look closer, none of the descriptions say PHEV, so maybe they just don't differentiate the nomenclature?

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
This forecast group seems to take Ford's investment in battery production to indicate they're all-in with full battery electric. It seems to me - I could be mistaken - that all of the Ranger Hybrid / PHEV rumors seem to originate both from the fact that Jim Hackett said in a shareholder meeting in 2019 that "a hybrid Bronco was in the works" as well as the fact that a lot of publications seemed to be, at very best, speculating earlier this year that a PHEV Ranger/Bronco combo could be on the horizon as a reaction to the Jeep 4xe.

This group autoforecastsolutions.com seems to employ quite a large staff of industry experts and I have to imagine they have collective access to some information that publications will be hard-pressed to amass on their own. They've got to have wind of something from the blue oval to indicate the future is 100% BEV's as they don't list a single hybrid potential past 2029!

Sponsored
OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
This forecast group seems to take Ford's investment in battery production to indicate they're all-in with full battery electric. It seems to me - I could be mistaken - that all of the Ranger Hybrid / PHEV rumors seem to originate both from the fact that Jim Hackett said in a shareholder meeting in 2019 that "a hybrid Bronco was in the works" as well as the fact that a lot of publications seemed to be, at very best, speculating earlier this year that a PHEV Ranger/Bronco combo could be on the horizon as a reaction to the Jeep 4xe.

This group autoforecastsolutions.com seems to employ quite a large staff of industry experts and I have to imagine they have collective access to some information that publications will be hard-pressed to amass on their own. They've got to have wind of something from the blue oval to indicate the future is 100% BEV's as they don't list a single hybrid potential past 2029!
I think theres something to be said though that the pdf doesn’t show ANY PHEVs… so perhaps a PHEV will be closer than 2029 and it just isn’t broken down as such on the pdf…

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
Yes, true. Without seeing the report in full it's hard to draw any conclusions. Hopefully the company announces their plans for the hybrid Bronco soon!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE

As someone who is looking forward to EV's, I still don't buy Ford's optimism. At best, maybe the US will be full EV for the financially well off populous by their estimates. It probably won't be until the early or mid-2040's that the major manufactures will stop manufacturing new ICE, HEV, and PHEV consumer vehicles (commercial vehicles will most like go a little bit longer). As someone who works in heavy civil, I've seen how long it takes for government agencies to just secure the funding and preliminary work for major infrastructure projects. To update infrastructure so EV's don't turn into the class war that's already brewing, the government still has tons of electric lines to update to current standards and (I'd assume for secondary lines) move from overhead to underground. I live in the Hampton Roads area and have family that lives in lower income areas. I don't see those areas getting undated within the next decade; maybe some temporary band-aid solutions by the 2040's but nothing substantial and long term. I can only imagine what people in rural parts of the country have to upgrade. Add on top of that whenever a natural disaster hits, utility crews across the country stop other jobs and send their crews to the affected areas. My area will be the next New Orleans if a Cat. 5 hurricane hits us.

Pardon the little rant there. As long as I can get a good AWD/4WD PHEV Crew Cab truck or mid-sized SUV in the next 2-3 years when the 2018 Santa Fe Sport or the 2020 Escape are ready to kick the bucket (we're high mileage folk), I'm happy. Rooting for the 6G Ranger as of now.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired

The company split in 2, so the ICE division will not ever be 100% BEVs.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
O
I think theres something to be said though that the pdf doesn’t show ANY PHEVs… so perhaps a PHEV will be closer than 2029 and it just isn’t broken down as such on the pdf…
Or another alternative would be there are no plans at all for Ranger PHEV on new platform. Hybrid like Maverick might be it.

OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
O

Or another alternative would be there are no plans at all for Ranger PHEV on new platform. Hybrid like Maverick might be it.
I would be severely disappointed if you were right. I have a 2018 F150. I don’t “need” a new ranger but want one. With my commute though 90% off my driving i could use no gas if the PHEV had 30 miles or more of all electric range.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I would be severely disappointed if you were right. I have a 2018 F150. I don’t “need” a new ranger but want one. With my commute though 90% off my driving i could use no gas if the PHEV had 30 miles or more of all electric range.
I don't NEED a Ranger either. I also have a 2018 F-150 Sport SCab with 5.0 Coyote V-8 in it. We love it- seems to be the wife's horse activity truck than mine though:LOL: I'm not interested at all in 5G Ranger (or other mid-size), and recently took possession of my Maverick I ordered for lighter truck duties in my life and hobbies. The Maverick did however force me to make some compromises and work arounds due to short bed and the Crew cab I don't need. It's a really neat little truck with a lot of standard features (my only option was the Turbo 2.0 w/AWD and 4k tow package that adds some very useful stuff) and price was right at barely $26k all in with taxes, reg, etc.

When buying the F-150 back in 2018 I mentioned it was more truck than I needed 99% of the time but didn't like current Ranger from 2019 and sales guy told me if I waited a little bit there would be a brand-new Ranger coming. That was 4 years ago! My gameplan now is continue watching and waiting on NA 6G Ranger until I find out if there are things I need offered that make it a better fit than the Maverick. Specifically, I need the SCab + 6' bed- that's make or break for me. I already have 2 trucks and Jeep Grand Cherokee with low mileage and paid for so if Ranger doesn't work for me, I'm still better than OK with my situation.

I have ZERO need or desire for anything other than ICE powered vehicles, so hybrid, PHEV, BEV makes no difference in my thinking. I'm retired and only average maybe 5 miles a day driving so MPG isn't a deciding factor either. I'm Gumby dammit and I just want what I want and that's it! :cool:

Ford Ranger Ranger EV in 2029 according to product forecast map. Will share TE1 platform with Bronco EV 002.JPG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
And don't bet me wrong - I'd prefer a PHEV option before a BEV option as well. I was just commenting that this research group seems to be implicating that Ford is going 100% BEV focused in 2030+
Sponsored