• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor Availability Limited?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Seems quite a few people are placing the RRaptor in the "want" category with limits to what they will spend and tolerate to get 1. There's also the comments about the Raptor being more truck than they will need. Given that every situation is unique, I'm curious how many people have looked at using the build and price tool to create a truck with just your needs (maybe a couple wants too) for a comparison instead of starting with a package like Raptor or Tremor, etc. and working backwards removing not needed items to stay on budget or as backup in case Raptor doesn't work out? I know the NA B&P tool is still for 5G, but it seemed a good reality check exercise for me.
Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems quite a few people are placing the RRaptor in the "want" category with limits to what they will spend and tolerate to get 1. There's also the comments about the Raptor being more truck than they will need. Given that every situation is unique, I'm curious how many people have looked at using the build and price tool to create a truck with just your needs (maybe a couple wants too) for a comparison instead of starting with a package like Raptor or Tremor, etc. and working backwards removing not needed items to stay on budget or as backup in case Raptor doesn't work out? I know the NA B&P tool is still for 5G, but it seemed a good reality check exercise for me.
you are able to use the B&P tool on the RoW markets and it doesn't look like there's much choice other than trim level, color, tires and spray in bedliner. it's not like the 5g b&p where you can modify a lot of variables.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Sounds like a full size makes a lot more sense in your situation. For me it would just be to much truck.
I've got an F-350 for towing the fifth wheel - but they're horrible on narrow, slick roads.

I like a small truck for my daily driver and for mountain roads... the Raptor just appears to not be the one for me. I use my Ranger for mountain roads and pulling a SxS a hundred times before I rally it in a desert.

In fact, I'll never rally a truck in the desert... that's what I've got the SxS for.

The Raptor, no doubt, has the "cool factor" but it has tangibles that are actually a negative for how I use it.

That's okay, it just leaves one less buyer for all the Raptor guys out there to compete with 👍

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
I know what I'm willing to spend for it, but $70k is entering base optioned F150 Raptor and Bronco Raptor range. The F150 is roughly $79k and Bronco is roughly $75k both base optioned and before any ADM.

I've also played with other Regions B&P for the RRaptor and the options they have are pretty limited, which I personally think is a good thing. I'd basically order the base RRaptor without graphics and call it good, since it's basically fully loaded to start with.
With that said, I fully expect it to fall in the $58k to $65k range just because that's the zone the GMC and Chevy twins fall into for versions as closely optioned as possible to the Global RRAptor.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
It is currently selling for $87k in Australia which equates to nearly $60k US. Once you add on options and taxes you will be over $70k best estimate. What else are we gonna spend it on. Plus, it has equity so you can sell and recoup some costs.
We had a previous thread discussion on US prices vs. Australia prices essentially came down to they are not 1:1.

But I will say, I am a little concerned with the MSRP of new cars today. I don't see how some people can even afford a Camry now a days. But then again, Americans love debt.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Yeah, inflation is a bitch nowadays. They were selling a dozen eggs for $12 at my local grocery store, $12, are you kidding me. That being said, I’d be willing to pay $70-$75k for the Ranger. I’ve had multiple Rangers and I like them better than most other small to midsize trucks. Plus, this will allow me to take both the Ranger and Bronco Raptor’s out together for some high speed dune/dirt fun with friends/family.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I'm in the "want" category but out here I can put it to good use as we have a lot of open desert and the dunes in CA aren't to far away. You can definitely build something close and it might be a little cheaper but there's nothing like getting it all done up from the factory with a warranty. Plus you still won't have the Raptor motor or interior and that's really the icing on the cake. I would rather just keep my 5g and build it up rather than start over on the 6G as I know the whole history of it and besides the HVAC box it's been flawless.

Reactions: Doc

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I know what I'm willing to spend for it, but $70k is entering base optioned F150 Raptor and Bronco Raptor range. The F150 is roughly $79k and Bronco is roughly $75k both base optioned and before any ADM.

I've also played with other Regions B&P for the RRaptor and the options they have are pretty limited, which I personally think is a good thing. I'd basically order the base RRaptor without graphics and call it good, since it's basically fully loaded to start with.
With that said, I fully expect it to fall in the $58k to $65k range just because that's the zone the GMC and Chevy twins fall into for versions as closely optioned as possible to the Global RRAptor.
Same here, there's no way I'm spending $70K on a Ranger! My guess is it'll be right around $60K-$62K and based off the Aussie site there's only a graphics package and beadlock capable wheels as extras which I wouldn't add either. Heck I priced out a fairly loaded Colorado ZR2 and that came to $53,175 ut I don't know if I can force myself to drive a Chevy. :bandit:

Attachments

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Same here, there's no way I'm spending $70K on a Ranger! My guess is it'll be right around $60K-$62K and based off the Aussie site there's only a graphics package and beadlock capable wheels as extras which I wouldn't add either. Heck I priced out a fairly loaded Colorado ZR2 and that came to $53,175 ut I don't know if I can force myself to drive a Chevy. :bandit:
Just wait for them to unveil the Bison. :bandit:

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the bigger V-6 engine the main draw for most people wanting the Raptor? If you're going to start shopping GM twins, they all have a 4cyl turbo now- and to me that puts the new 6G Ranger back in play. Could start with an FX-4 and add some good factory options, or even a Tremor or the rumored Thunder + options? Obviously, pricing isn't out for any of it yet, but I'm thinking you could make a "Raptor Light" and get most of the benefits of the Raptor itself if it sells out too fast or the price is so ridiculous many people would pass on it just for that reason?

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the bigger V-6 engine the main draw for most people wanting the Raptor? If you're going to start shopping GM twins, they all have a 4cyl turbo now- and to me that puts the new 6G Ranger back in play. Could start with an FX-4 and add some good factory options, or even a Tremor or the rumored Thunder + options? Obviously, pricing isn't out for any of it yet, but I'm thinking you could make a "Raptor Light" and get most of the benefits of the Raptor itself if it sells out too fast or the price is so ridiculous many people would pass on it just for that reason?
Yes, but the 3.0 V6 is only available on the Raptor and the rest of the 6G is the same 2.3 4cyl turbo as the 5G. The ZR2 has the 4cyl turbo HO which is 310 hp/430 tq to our 270 hp/310 tq which is a big bump in tq.

I looked at the ZR2 back in '19 when I was shopping for my Ranger and it wasn't all that bad but I wasn't impressed with the interior as it was dated. This new Gen looks nice from the pics but I'd have to see it in person and really do some research before I'd consider it. Otherwise if the R-Raptor ends up ridiculously priced I'd just keep my 5G and wait for the PHEV Ranger.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yes, but the 3.0 V6 is only available on the Raptor and the rest of the 6G is the same 2.3 4cyl turbo as the 5G. The ZR2 has the 4cyl turbo HO which is 310 hp/430 tq to our 270 hp/310 tq which is a big bump in tq.

I looked at the ZR2 back in '19 when I was shopping for my Ranger and it wasn't all that bad but I wasn't impressed with the interior as it was dated. This new Gen looks nice from the pics but I'd have to see it in person and really do some research before I'd consider it. Otherwise if the R-Raptor ends up ridiculously priced I'd just keep my 5G and wait for the PHEV Ranger.
Isn't there a Ford supported tuning pack for the current legacy 2.4L? What does that add for HP and torque?

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
You can build a Ranger better then a Tremor equipped package. For a reasonable price, but you have to do the labor yourself. Hard to beat the Raptor with the reinforced frame, coil spring rear end and US spec 3.0L

Last edited:

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
IMO there is no real competitor to the Raptor. I don't think the ZR2 can compete because of the leaf spring rear and smaller motor. That said, I'll probably end up with a ZR2 only because I refuse to pay ADM. Hell, I refuse to pay MSRP. That's why I don't have a full-size Raptor. All these years later and they are still selling with ADM. My guess is that by 2025 (when I'll be buying) the twins will be selling for under MSRP.
Non-Raptor Rangers will probably be under MSRP by then too, so I could end up with a Ranger, but I'll do what Scooter suggests and use some of the money saved over a Raptor and put it into the suspension.