• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor = Bronco Raptor = 37" tires?

WhatExit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F350 6.7L; 2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco OBX 2Dr 2.7, '21 Ranger Tremor, '16 C7
Occupation
Engineer
I have a feeling that the Ranger Raptor would not come with a 37 option as to not bleed into the F-150 Raptor.

Subjective feeling, not a statement of fact.

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Makes no sense to me if Bronco Raptor comes with 37" tires and related suspension travel and the Ranger Raptor comes with less

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
Most of the "spy shots" show that the Ranger Raptor prototypes have smaller tires than the Bronco Raptor which is obvious when they are parked side by side. I believe some websites are even stating the Ranger has 35's. That doesn't mean 37's will not be an option but I doubt the stock factory suspension will have enough lift to accommodate 37's. Not only could there be clearance issues but the shocks and springs have to be able to handle the extra weight of the larger tires as well.

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
Makes no sense to me if Bronco Raptor comes with 37" tires and related suspension travel and the Ranger Raptor comes with less
Bronco doesnt really compete with the F-150.
Also, it would probably need a huge lift to fit them, the gen 1 raptors (cant speak for other gens) cant even take 37s stock without some modification.
I see ford having the ranger raptor as a step down in several categories from the F150 raptor so they dont lose sales in that regard, plus they know they can slap Raptor on it and people will buy it anyway.

Sponsored

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If those big arse flares are part of the deal I think a Ranger would look even more hideous with them than the Bronco Raptor does. Those are are more than just a flare. They're more like extra fenders.

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assume the Bronco and Ranger are being built on the same platform.

For Ford to include 37" tires on the Bronco Raptor and not offer the same on the Ranger Raptor makes no sense but doesn't mean they won't do it. Manufacturing the Bronco and Ranger to fit 37's should not be an issue. It's a matter of wheel/suspension travel and fender clearance and again, if they can do it on the Bronco they absolutely can do it on the Ranger.

The Raptors are all about wheel/suspension travel and the vehicle's ability to soak up the bumps at higher rates of speed on and off road.

As for the Ranger Raptor cannibalizing F150 Raptor sales, that ship has sailed. Ford can sell all the F150 Raptor and Raptor-R's they make.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with what you're saying about Ranger vs F-150 but I'm not so sure Ford has changed their tune on that front just yet. Here's a quote from a recent article on the Ford Performance website:

"With the addition of Bronco Raptor, Ford once again expands its Raptor high-performance off road vehicle franchise, which also includes F-150 Raptor for North America and Ranger Raptor for global markets. "

https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2022/1/bronco-raptor.html

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the best we ever get is the Ranger Tremor and without a V6 option. If it wasn't for their future plans to bring back the Bronco I seriously doubt we would have even seen the Ranger in 2019.

Just like any other successful business Ford pays attention to what their competition is doing and you can bet they had no intention of repeating what they saw at GM. When they introduced the Canyon/Colorado their full size sales dropped. They used to challenge Ford for No. 1 in full size sales and lately they've had a hard time beating Ram for 2nd.

Ford has more than one plant building F-series trucks that they need to keep running at full capacity. They have, what, at best maybe one half of a plant dedicated to building Rangers and the rest of that single plant builds higher profit margin Broncos. Which one would you be promoting? Why does anyone think we are not getting the next gen Ranger at the same time as the rest of the world?

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Also since the Ranger is a pickup truck, Ford will want to keep decent level of payload and towing capabilities.

They'd be ok with the number being lower than an FX4 Ranger, but they can't be dog shit low.

37s will hurt both.

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also since the Ranger is a pickup truck, Ford will want to keep decent level of payload and towing capabilities.

They'd be ok with the number being lower than an FX4 Ranger, but they can't be dog shit low.

37s will hurt both.

Not necessarily - everyone knows the Raptor is not a payload/towing animal - Ford has other models for that stuff.

This is what Ford needs to offer in the Ranger Raptor...

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor = Bronco Raptor = 37" tires? -bronco-raptor-2022-01-24_04-01-13_045209-1440x702

https://www.offroadxtreme.com/news/ford-releases-details-on-2022-ford-bronco-raptor/

Sponsored

Monkey55

First Name
Matthew Brister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150, hoping to get a new Ranger
Occupation
Cyber Security
Do we know what the rear axel of the Ranger Raptor will be? From what I understand the rear one on the Bronco Raptor was wider to have the 37's clear where the old fender/body lines would be.

I'm hoping for 37" support but if it means having WAY over exaggerated fenders like the Bronco then I am not down. 35's would be badass enough.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
As a guy who ran 35s then 37s on my Gladiator.

37s are way to big for 99% of people.

For a full size F-150 they are big, but bad ass.

37s are too much for a midsize truck imo.

The Bronco is a different animal.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Highly, highly unlikely. It most likely will have 33s as per the current model. The Ranger just isn't big enough to handle tyres that big, 35s might be available as an option but 37s are not going to fit whatsoever. I'd be surprised if the tyre size changes at all, mine uses 285/70 R17s.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Interesting Watts Link
Sponsored