Sponsored

Ranger Raptor Front End Shimmy

kngelv

New Member
First Name
James
Joined
May 7, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Detroit
Vehicle(s)
2024 F-150, 1998 Ford Ranger
The Ranger Raptor I ordered in May showed up at my dealer yesterday. I have now driven four Raptors and all have a slight steering wheel shimmy at 65+ mph. Is this common? I have KO3’s on my F-150 and this is not an issue. I guess I’m wondering if anyone has found the same issue and what they did to correct it. Thanks.

James
Sponsored

 

Bloody run

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Mar 6, 2026
Threads
8
Messages
59
Reaction score
39
Location
Clearfield pa.
Vehicle(s)
2025 Blue Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired Harley Davidson Toolmaker
My 2025 RR has had this exact same shimmy at 65 + mph, had tires balanced once at ford not much better
 

yoopercharged

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 23, 2023
Threads
11
Messages
405
Reaction score
488
Location
Michigan
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor, 2019 Fiesta ST, 2014 F-150 SVT Raptor
Yes. My wheel has a minor shimmy that goes away when I put my hands back on it.
 

CoastieN70

Well-Known Member
First Name
Lee
Joined
May 31, 2019
Threads
6
Messages
444
Reaction score
151
Location
Travelers Rest, SC
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired U.S. Coast Guard
It is tire related. KO3's are notorious for doing this. It goes away after a couple hundred miles on the tires. If and when you rotate, expect it back until the "new" front tires learn.
 

got3fords

Well-Known Member
First Name
James
Joined
Jan 30, 2025
Threads
24
Messages
563
Reaction score
487
Location
Central Va.
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Raptor
Is lane assist turn on? That really made me think something was wrong until I turned it off.
 

Sponsored

some_guy

Well-Known Member
First Name
some
Joined
Oct 18, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
333
Reaction score
328
Location
florida
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
entrepreneur
The Ranger Raptor I ordered in May showed up at my dealer yesterday. I have now driven four Raptors and all have a slight steering wheel shimmy at 65+ mph. Is this common? I have KO3’s on my F-150 and this is not an issue. I guess I’m wondering if anyone has found the same issue and what they did to correct it. Thanks.

James
Seems like a wheel balance or alignment issue. No big deal
 

OxygenMask

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Feb 20, 2026
Threads
10
Messages
886
Reaction score
1,681
Location
Eugene, Oregon
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired
I kinda forgot since I don't drive highway speed often.
Mine started that around 3-4000 miles. Very minor, 65-66 mph only. Feels like a classic wheel balance imperfection.
Didn't change with tire rotation though...
 

JrHDRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Josh
Joined
Oct 21, 2024
Threads
17
Messages
263
Reaction score
349
Location
Indiana
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Try doing a Road Force balance, was a night and day difference for my KO3s.
 

Sponsored

Brito

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
108
Reaction score
180
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2011 Corvette Grand Sport, 2006 HDStreetBob
Occupation
retired
The Ranger Raptor I ordered in May showed up at my dealer yesterday. I have now driven four Raptors and all have a slight steering wheel shimmy at 65+ mph. Is this common? I have KO3’s on my F-150 and this is not an issue. I guess I’m wondering if anyone has found the same issue and what they did to correct it. Thanks.

James
My ‘24 has stock K03s, no such issues.
 

some_guy

Well-Known Member
First Name
some
Joined
Oct 18, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
333
Reaction score
328
Location
florida
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
entrepreneur
Well, that’s settled then… unless he pulls out the infamous retort “nuh uh.”🤣
It's a speed dependent imbalance [shimmy] is fairly obvious. Lots of K03s have difficulty in achieving balancing
Sponsored

 
 







Top