• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor hold released today

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Yeah, those rumors are what fills the gap when there's no real information coming out of Ford.

No, they don't have to tell us anything, but it does suck to know they read the forum and don't bother to at least say something to help. Instead, they "giggle".

Awesome.
Sponsored

All Terrain Nation

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Media
Yeah, those rumors are what fills the gap when there's no real information coming out of Ford.

No, they don't have to tell us anything, but it does suck to know they read the forum and don't bother to at least say something to help. Instead, they "giggle"

Awesome.
What would you like them to say?

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
I got my built text at 2:30 this morning. May the shipping commence!

Reactions: DMC

Cyder

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Nurse
I have been shopping for one all day, looking at lots of window stickers, I noticed after watching Dave at All Terrain Nations window sticker video.
‘All the Raptor Blend codes start with 32024 prior to the production date that follows.
This example was built on 01/26/24 but I am thinking that 3 20 24 might have been the release date all along. ????
IMG_5636.jpeg
Doubt it, my Raptor was built on 1/22 which matches my blend date. It’s still on hold and hasn’t shipped yet. I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he has 5 pages of Rangers for all the ford dealerships in my area that haven’t left the ford plant yet to ship. My guess is Ford is building all of the allocations and may ship them all at once. This is my only guess and I could be completely wrong lol

Sponsored

DockDog

First Name
D K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F 150
Occupation
Retired
From my dealer in Maryland this morning.

"Looks like Inspection complete. Should ship soon."

For those that are wondering, I order May 30th and the Ranger has been in production since January 11th (I know for a fact it was built January 12th). There is no change in the production status this morning since my dealer contacted me today.

I think I will see the truck sometime in early April.

BTW loved all the drive videos of the various media that had a chance in Salt Lake UT to take the Rangers for a spin. Love the comment it is the "Mini Me version of the F150 or baby F150" (I have thought that for quite sometime now and why I am buying one, I currently drive a 2018 Lariat F150) though Ford does not like to hear that.

bdginmo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2015 Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Software Engineer
The only two rumors I've heard that are holding our vehicles are software updates and the bed bracing. I'm sure there are more that I missed since I don't read this forum thoroughly. Anyway, so if it's not any of the reasons mentioned here then what is causing the holds on these vehicles and how long will it take to resolve the issue?

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2023 Toyota GR86
The only two rumors I've heard that are holding our vehicles are software updates and the bed bracing. I'm sure there are more that I missed since I don't read this forum thoroughly. Anyway, so if it's not any of the reasons mentioned here then what is causing the holds on these vehicles and how long will it take to resolve the issue?
One rumor was the media event that just happened. The release of the regular rangers basically aligns and no Raptors have been delivered yet. Raptor blackout lifts tomorrow so will be intresting to see if the shipping gates open.

I had also heard there were paint adhesion issues and abs module concerns. Lots of rumors floating which is the result of Ford not providing more transparency.

There were some recent constraints referenced in the scheduling bulletin too.

My bet is on the media event and tomorrow will prove it right or wrong.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
...at least say something to help.
What would this constitute, exactly? What is enough for me (all of which we've already been privy to) evidently is not enough for you. What else/more are you interested in? And what is enough for you, may not be enough for someone else. It's a slippery slope, wrought with legal liabilities on the part of the OEM, since the US is rife with litigation over the silliest of things.

Being tight-lipped is almost always the default, because even the smallest of windows can lead to mistakes that then cost the OEM money...for things we have NO understanding about.

What we get now is over-and-above what was available 10yrs ago. Why can't we be happy with that? And none of this is life-altering or financially impactful - it's all choice. You can CHOOSE to buy something else, from someone else.

Powers 4x4

First Name
Cullen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ineos Grenadier, '22 F250 Tremor, '85 Bullnose
Occupation
Photo/Video
built 3/9 here and still has a hold on it, wonder what it is?
Dealing with that currently. Dealer says mine was selected for a Quality Control inspection. Could add 2-4 weeks

Sponsored

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I had also heard there were paint adhesion issues and abs module concerns. Lots of rumors floating which is the result of Ford not providing more transparency.
If Ford was even more transparent about these type of issues, the auto media & enthusiasts would have a field day and would blame quality control, a host of other non-sensical and non-related issues, and inevitably Ford's stock price would take a hit.

If true, the paint adhesion could have been on early test vehicles, as they're getting the plant up and running, as part of the switchover, and it's normal. The broader public doesn't need to know this. We're collectively stupid. Same with the ABS module - might be new, might be different, might be a new supplier, and all of that are things that get sorted before delivery. Again...why do we need to know these things?

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
Doubt it, my Raptor was built on 1/22 which matches my blend date. It’s still on hold and hasn’t shipped yet. I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he has 5 pages of Rangers for all the ford dealerships in my area that haven’t left the ford plant yet to ship. My guess is Ford is building all of the allocations and may ship them all at once. This is my only guess and I could be completely wrong lol
I don't see any evidence that a Ranger has arrived in NY yet. I did an inventory search and all that show up within a 100mi radius of Syracuse are listed as "dealer ordered" with stock photos.

Cyder

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Nurse
I don't see any evidence that a Ranger has arrived in NY yet. I did an inventory search and all that show up within a 100mi radius of Syracuse are listed as "dealer ordered" with stock photos.
Yep, the wait continues lol

Skitrem47

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Teacher
I can confirm my dealer took in a Ranger XL yesterday in upstate NY. Truck driver said it was the first he has seen in the state. He also mentioned that Ford told the transport company he drives for to expect 1,100 rangers to be delivered to Selkirk in the next 4-6 weeks via CSX. From Selkirk they will be trucked elsewhere. I cannot confirm any of this of course, but thought I would share since I am also waiting for my Raptor in NY.

Last edited:

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should be able to pull up the window sticker for each of these and track them on the pizza tracker to see if they have shipped or not.

To get the order# from the window sticker, under the "Item #" box, the 4 digit order number is after the first 2 digits.

eg: Item#: 12-3456 O/T 1 ----> order # is 3456.
Sponsored