• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Raptor; bad vvt cam phaser at 1200 miles

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
I understand that, but I think that would just make me neurotic, knowing that they have to crack open the head and get right into the meat of the engine. Gives me zero confidence in the longevity of this vehicle
It’s still a bit to extreme u have to agree with @olefordguy … I had fords most of my life and not once had this issue.. I get my RR Saturday so I am hoping to still not have any issues
Sponsored

Top Fuel Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, '22 Mach1, '21 Diesel Wrangler
It’s still a bit to extreme u have to agree with @olefordguy … I had fords most of my life and not once had this issue.. I get my RR Saturday so I am hoping to still not have any issues
Same, seems silly every car is going to have some problem, it's just statistically ineviatable. It still sucks though.

I'm on my 11th Ford and haven't had any issues (scares me as I'm probably due).

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
Same, seems silly every car is going to have some problem, it's just statistically ineviatable. It still sucks though.

I'm on my 11th Ford and haven't had any issues (scares me as I'm probably due).
And yet you get on Facebook and you see nothing but people laughing there heads off when it comes to EVs breaking down.. or people deciding to make to mistake and run there battery dry and decided a good back up was to have a generator in there procession.. and all that…. It all makes me shake my head is disappointment

Top Fuel Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, '22 Mach1, '21 Diesel Wrangler
And yet you get on Facebook and you see nothing but people laughing there heads off when it comes to EVs breaking down.. or people deciding to make to mistake and run there battery dry and decided a good back up was to have a generator in there procession.. and all that…. It all makes me shake my head is disappointment

Agreed, I've had 3 teslas (1 MX and 2 M3's) the MX was a nightmare - in the shop several times a year, 3 new batteries, new drive unit in rear, new HV heater, front suspension totally replaced 3 times, front door latches replaced 3 times and eventually retrofitted to a new style. Both the Model 3's (RWD and then a performance) were the most reliable cars I've ever owned, cheapest to operate, and it's hard to match the acceleration of the M3P for the money. Some cars are just good - others cursed.

Nissan's on the other hand... they are all cursed. lol

Sponsored

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
Agreed, I've had 3 teslas (1 MX and 2 M3's) the MX was a nightmare - in the shop several times a year, 3 new batteries, new drive unit in rear, new HV heater, front suspension totally replaced 3 times, front door latches replaced 3 times and eventually retrofitted to a new style. Both the Model 3's (RWD and then a performance) were the most reliable cars I've ever owned, cheapest to operate, and it's hard to match the acceleration of the M3P for the money. Some cars are just good - others cursed.

Nissan's on the other hand... they are all cursed. lol
I want to try one.. or the CT… the Lightning is a hard pass for me.. but the Mach e is something I also want to try

UpInTheAir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Patience
I just noticed the Ford Premium Care extended warranty no longer lists "all internally lubricated parts" under engine, but it appears it used to last year. Yikes. That isn't reassuring to see as it was probably removed as a business/financial decision.

OP
OP
Tr1tium

Tr1tium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4runner trd pro
Just to give everyone a heads up, went to the dealer today it is cam phasers. Apparently, there’s a lot of bronco Raptors that have the same issue. I really don’t understand why Ford cannot design cam phasers correctly. So I buy a brand new car for $60,000 put 1200 miles on it and I’m not going to have it for at least a week and then what? replace them again like the F150 people do at 10,000 to 15,000 miles after the initial repair? What a serious letdown. I have owned seven Toyotas before this Ford, I am not used to issues like this at all.

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
Just to give everyone a heads up, went to the dealer today it is cam phasers. Apparently, there’s a lot of bronco Raptors that have the same issue. I really don’t understand why Ford cannot design cam phasers correctly. So I buy a brand new car for $60,000 put 1200 miles on it and I’m not going to have it for at least a week and then what? replace them again like the F150 people do at 10,000 to 15,000 miles after the initial repair? What a serious letdown. I have owned seven Toyotas before this Ford, I am not used to issues like this at all.
are you seriously thinking this is going to happen every 1000-10000 miles… seriously

I understand the frustration but not everyone is having these issues so it’s kind of hard to pin point it and say it’s going to happen to you like you claiming.. hell they should replace that under warranty and you may never have a problem again with it..

OP
OP
Tr1tium

Tr1tium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4runner trd pro
are you seriously thinking this is going to happen every 1000-10000 miles… seriously

I understand the frustration but not everyone is having these issues so it’s kind of hard to pin point it and say it’s going to happen to you like you claiming.. hell they should replace that under warranty and you may never have a problem again with it..
I’m not saying it will happen but it has happened. if you read the F150 forums there are lots of people commenting that had them replaced at 9000 miles and 15,000 etc miles after the initial replacement

Sponsored

olefordguy

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Limited, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
We all understand the frustration 100%. Things happen, majority of it we as individuals can't control. The choices in life are to think positive or negative. Life will be much better with a positive outlook than the depressing negative. The probability that the issue will not occur again once its corrected are extremely higher vs the small chance the issue will reoccur. If you feel you can't tolerate it, give yourself some peace and sell it, trade it for whatever product you choose. Live and Enjoy Life. Be positive and look forward not backward. I sincerely wish you the best.

OP
OP
Tr1tium

Tr1tium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4runner trd pro
We all understand the frustration 100%. Things happen, majority of it we as individuals can't control. The choices in life are to think positive or negative. Life will be much better with a positive outlook than the depressing negative. The probability that the issue will not occur again once its corrected are extremely higher vs the small chance the issue will reoccur. If you feel you can't tolerate it, give yourself some peace and sell it, trade it for whatever product you choose. Live and Enjoy Life. Be positive and look forward not backward. I sincerely wish you the best.
That is definitely true.

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
Better than how I could say it!

MoBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Raptor, 2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
An old man once said, “If it rolls, floats, or has boobs, you’re going to have problems with it from time to time”.

Take it in for the warranty work, that’s why there is a warranty, then drive it like you stole it.

Ford Man

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Retired Autoworker
Yeah, I’m probably out after this. This is my first Ford and so far hasn’t been a good experience. I will likely sell it as soon as it’s fixed. I’ve bought so many new cars through the years and I’ve never once had a engine issue at such low mileage.

For this and other quality issues is why I canceled my order of the RR. I'm probably going to go with the 2025 4Runner or even a Lexus. I'm a retired Ford worker and I have seen a lot over the years!
Sponsored