• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Raptor Exclusives?

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
What items are exclusively available on Ranger Raptor?

- Front locking differential
- 4A transfer case
- 3.0L engine

What other items are currently 100% unavailable except on Ranger Raptor? What am I missing?
Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
What items are exclusively available on Ranger Raptor?

- Front locking differential
- 4A transfer case
- 3.0L engine

What other items are currently 100% unavailable except on Ranger Raptor? What am I missing?
Fox live-valve suspension and I think the under-body protection. Not positive on that second one. Also, you get Baja mode and paddle shifters that aren't available on other trims.

rngr_rptr

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ Bronco Outer Banks - Velocity Blue
Raptor exclusive:
Rear tow hooks
MyMode (I believe this is Raptor exclusive)
Watts Link Rear Suspension
Beadlock Capable Wheels

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fox live-valve suspension and I think the under-body protection. Not positive on that second one. Also, you get Baja mode and paddle shifters that aren't available on other trims.
Are you sure paddle shifters are raptor exclusive? I thought they were included on any ranger with the e-shifter, which would include lariats.

rngr_rptr

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ Bronco Outer Banks - Velocity Blue
Are you sure paddle shifters are raptor exclusive? I thought they were included on any ranger with the e-shifter, which would include lariats.
They are Raptor exclusive. Only the performance line of vehicles (Explorer ST, Bronco Raptor, F-150 Raptor) get paddle shifters.

Sponsored

Raptor_Overland_MTB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger raptor next gen
Occupation
Machinist
chassis wheels suspension front and rear quarter panels discs all round selectable exhaust mode selctable steering mode selectable suspension mode interior centre console tray the list is abslutely endless easier to list what it shares with other models which from what i can tell is some of the drive modes and the main body of the cab doors etc

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor / 1994 Bronco
Are the upfitter switches exclusive to the Raptor?

OP
OP
uthunter

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
They are Raptor exclusive. Only the performance line of vehicles (Explorer ST, Bronco Raptor, F-150 Raptor) get paddle shifters.
My wife's Bronco Sport has paddle shifters. I've never felt the need to use them though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
uthunter

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This post isn't directed towards anybody in particular, so I'm going to start this by saying, "Please don't get offended if you and I don't want the same truck. It's not personal, it's just that we have different desires for our vehicles. My opinions aren't meant as an attack on anybody else; we simply may feel differently."

I guess I should have been more clear in my question, I'm looking for things that are functionally different and available exclusively to Raptor.

Quarter panels aren't functionally different, they're just sheet metal. Bead locks can be bought as accessories from my dealer, disc brakes are available on other models, accent trim is a color preference (just like tan or black cloth or leather seats), console trays are available on Amazon, exhaust notes are a gimmick, rear tow hooks are just part of the hitch and I can get a d-ring just as easy.

I get that the Raptor has a different suspension (watts link and live valve) and a bigger motor (with WAY worse mpg) and a front locker... but MyMode and Baja mode aren't helpful for what I want. They're software and a "mode" I'll never use.

Where I'm going with this.... I just got back from a weekend in a redrock desert and my 2019 FX4 was awesome. Other than the option for a front locker, which may be available aftermarket some day, I don't think I want a Raptor anymore.

I'm first in line at my dealership (it's family), but I'm going to cancel my order and wait for a Tremor or for aftermarket parts and just buy a FX4 Lariat. The loss in mpg and reduced towing capacity far outweigh the benefits for the way I use my truck.

My ideal truck would be a Tremor with a 2.7L (and a 6' bed, c'mon Ford😉). The Raptor really isn't for me.

Good luck everybody in getting their Raptor order scheduled!

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
The RR has completely different suspension components front and rear.
Rear is coil sprung with multi-links vs leaf springs for every other model
Front has longer control arms and hence greater wheel travel
Overall the track is in the order of 100mm wider than any other Ranger even though the wheel offset is the same.

This combines to give greater wheel articulation and completely different handling characteristics. The chassis is also different with more reinforcement.

Then, as you have mentioned, are the powertrain differences of different front and rear diffs (both locking) engine and transmission and I believe the transfer case has lower gearing (but that is just what I have heard mentioned - I haven't actually seen the gearing numbers).

All up the "hard" differences are pretty significant.

OP
OP
uthunter

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The RR has completely different suspension components front and rear.
Rear is coil sprung with multi-links vs leaf springs for every other model
Front has longer control arms and hence greater wheel travel
Overall the track is in the order of 100mm wider than any other Ranger even though the wheel offset is the same.

This combines to give greater wheel articulation and completely different handling characteristics. The chassis is also different with more reinforcement.

Then, as you have mentioned, are the powertrain differences of different front and rear diffs (both locking) engine and transmission and I believe the transfer case has lower gearing (but that is just what I have heard mentioned - I haven't actually seen the gearing numbers).

All up the "hard" differences are pretty significant.
The driving experience is undoubtedly different, but I'm looking for a truck that can do what I want it to do. I know probably a dozen guys with F150 Raptors and not one has been rallied Baja-style.... most are pavement princesses. My trucks aren't pavement princesses, but I don't Baja either.

The wider track is not always desirable, such as for narrow trails. The Raptor suspension is not always desirable, such as for overlanding with a truck-full of gear or for towing a SxS to hunt somewhere.

The payload is hundreds of pounds less than the non-Raptor and the towing limit is thousands of pounds less than the non-Raptor.

The expected fuel range for the Raptor is 345 miles (20.3 gals times 17 combined mpg), for the non-Raptor it is 413 miles (18.8 gal times 22 combined mpg). I don't want to have to carry extra fuel.

As my handle suggests, I'm looking for a hunting rig. My 2019 Ranger FX4 with a Ford Performance lift and a few other upgrades is about perfect. The Ranger Raptor is far from a good off-road trail rig for me.

Last edited:

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yes, you are quite correct, every other Ranger has a 3,500kg tow capacity while RR is 2,500kg. Payload and GVM are also down accordingly - I think my RR has around 700kg payload once GVM and kerb weight are considered.
If you favour load carrying capacity over off-road capability then I would definitely recommend one of the other Ranger specs. In Aus, we have a specification called the Wildtrack X which is a regular Ranger slightly lifted with uprated springs/shocks and all-terrain tyres from the factory (and a fancy load carrying solution). I think something like this would suit your requirements better. Unfortunately this spec. only comes with the 2lt diesel engine not the 3lt Lion V6 diesel. Your equivalent will obviously be one of the eco-boost petrol powerplants.
Sponsored