• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Raptor increase in MSRP in the future?

ummagawd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stelvio Quadrifoglio
So I totally missed the boat in the initial orders of the bronco raptor and I told myself that I’ll just wait until they’re at a status where I don’t need an allocation. After that I told myself I’ll just wait to get one on the used market. And then the MSRP went up which then boosted the used market up as well, and now I’m effectively priced out of getting one in the foreseeable future….

my question is… y’all think the ranger raptor will be on the same path? I’m in a position to afford one even with a smaller ADM that I’ve read off this forum but would prefer to get one on the used market with some initial depreciation (so I can use that extra money to go towards mods). But if this Goes anything like the BR, then should I start calling dealers to get on a list of some sort? Am I too late for even that?
Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
There's like a 2000% chance that they will raise MSRP of the Ranger Raptor. Especially, since the difference between a Lariat and a Raptor is only like 5000$ now.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
It’s not only likely, but virtually guaranteed that there will be 1-2 price increases per year.

OP
OP

ummagawd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stelvio Quadrifoglio
Sounds like I need to start making phone calls....

Any advice for someone living in SoCal?

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist

You need to budget 5-10K for an ADM or you will have 0 chance. When calling dealers, lead-off by saying you are prepared to pay a sizeable ADM to skip the line. That's the only way they will take you seriously at this point.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ummagawd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stelvio Quadrifoglio
I just got off the phone with my local dealer and stated I'm looking for a dealer I could trust with service and maintenance, but also stated that I'm also looking for one who would honor MSRP (before reading your post), and he said that because of the strike and the longer wait time that he could probably get me in at whatever MSRP is at the time the build is ready.

And for those interested, he said according to his fleet manager, RR's are at least 6 months out with this strike.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired

yes, #1 LEAVE SoCal while you can like I did! Oh wait, you meant is it too late to be looking around to get on a list? Yep, too late- unless you can get Sherman to ask Mr. Peabody to set the Wayback machine to 2021 and establish a solid personal relationship with a nearby dealer who you trust will honor his word if he tells you his 1st allocation will go to you since you asked about it 1st. :crackup:

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Like most things id expect an MSRP increase. They have increased MSRP on every vehicle they've come out with even ones they marketed as being cheaper and affordable

OP
OP

ummagawd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stelvio Quadrifoglio
So 2nd dealer I talked to gave me the "I have an allocation that I put in for my friend and he ended up buying a f150 raptor... so I can get you in front of the line" story.

For a whopping $20k ADM and locked into Azure Grey (not my first choice)

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
So 2nd dealer I talked to gave me the "I have an allocation that I put in for my friend and he ended up buying a f150 raptor... so I can get you in front of the line" story.

For a whopping $20k ADM and locked into Azure Grey (not my first choice)
Tell him you'll do 10k over.

Sponsored

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby Baja700 Raptor, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
I’m going to predict at least a $3k price increase, since that’s how much markup I paid, but it will probably be more. I didn’t like the markup at all, but got tired of messing around not getting a bronco or f150 raptor even close to MSRP. At that point, only $3k adm sounded small, and now I’m a little more happy I got my order in day 1. As I see it, the Bronco Raptor has an MSRP of about $40k more than the RR, and they were getting $20k adm for them, so I see the RR as kind of a deal in today’s market.

I’m also skeptical about ammagawd’s take on the six month figure. At this point I believe it’s really the three companies that are negotiating together, because when one makes an acceptable offer the other two have less bargaining power. I do want my new truck, so I hope they resolve their squabbling soon, but don’t mind waiting with everyone else. Might give me time to finally Coyote swap my 93 SEMA Ranger splash.

Ford Ranger Raptor increase in MSRP in the future? IMG_4857

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I’m going to predict at least a $3k price increase, since that’s how much markup I paid, but it will probably be more. I didn’t like the markup at all, but got tired of messing around not getting a bronco or f150 raptor even close to MSRP. At that point, only $3k adm sounded small, and now I’m a little more happy I got my order in day 1. As I see it, the Bronco Raptor has an MSRP of about $40k more than the RR, and they were getting $20k adm for them, so I see the RR as kind of a deal in today’s market.

I’m also skeptical about ammagawd’s take on the six month figure. At this point I believe it’s really the three companies that are negotiating together, because when one makes an acceptable offer the other two have less bargaining power. I do want my new truck, so I hope they resolve their squabbling soon, but don’t mind waiting with everyone else. Might give me time to finally Coyote swap my 93 SEMA Ranger splash.

IMG_4857.jpeg
I adore that truck

OP
OP

ummagawd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stelvio Quadrifoglio
So I did offer 10k ADM for that one dealer that said they had someone back out… the sales guy said good luck finding any dealer in CA that’ll go for that.

anyone know of any dealers ANYWHERE in the country that I can get in a list? I tried calling smaller dealers in more desolate towns and they said they weren’t even getting any. I’m willing to buy a plane ticket

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
So I did offer 10k ADM for that one dealer that said they had someone back out… the sales guy said good luck finding any dealer in CA that’ll go for that.

anyone know of any dealers ANYWHERE in the country that I can get in a list? I tried calling smaller dealers in more desolate towns and they said they weren’t even getting any. I’m willing to buy a plane ticket
If you have "fuck you" level money, just offer to pay 25k ADM and I promise you, a dealer will "accidentally" sell you someone's order. Tell them you will pay the ADM up front as a non-refundable deposit. Also tell them you will buy platinum warranty package and gap insurance. These are the key words that dealership loves to hear.

This strategy is called: the man with money and desperation always wins.
Sponsored