• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

auromed

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX50
From my understanding the production setback was issued via dealer bulletin from Ford not some random rumor on Reddit
That bulletin also was specific to Fleet orders. So, maybe Ford has decided retail orders get to go first before fleet for this launch.
Sponsored

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Laramie Sport
Ranger sales were down 40% last year, and the new truck they've been showing off all over social media for months now only has 1,500 orders in the bank nationwide? Ouch.

It's like I said in another thread, despite guys disagreeing with me, Ford is terrified of changing the looks on their trucks and in the midsize, fun, lifestyle segment you cannot be that way if you want to keep selling vehicles.

Newface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotsadem
Occupation
Bread line
Indeed the 8/7 Job 1 date has reappeared in the latest FDNB. This was changed weeks ago to "TBD" if you recall, so maybe adding 8/7 was an intentional decision.

There is still some conflicting info however, as you can see the 2024MY Production Window in the same document is showing 9/1/23.

Ford Ranger Report: 2024 Ranger Job 1 Production Set to Begin August 7 (Again) Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 8.58.26 AM

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
So if scheduling is next week, do we think the Raptors will be included? It sucks that since they are stock we will have almost no visibility on them.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Theres only 1500 total rangers ordered in the country? I knew the ranger was the red headed step child of Ford but I didnt think it was going to be that low. I feel like based on this forum alone, 1490 of those are Raptors and 10 are XLTs
Upside of only 1500 orders in bank this early is no FOMO and run on early orders including multiple orders flippers clogging the system and causing early Order Bank closure.

Rainbows people, only rainbows 🌈

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Upside of only 1500 orders in bank this early is no FOMO and run on early orders including multiple orders flippers clogging the system and causing early Order Bank closure.

I know right? I'm pretty excited about this revelation. Hopefully we can all get our trucks in a sensible time.

Uplandr365

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 F150 Tremor
When it was posted here about the September setback, I talked to my dealer and they said it would be early August. I’m sticking with them.

auromed

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX50

That 1500 was only retail orders too though. I'd be very curious to know about how many Raptor orders are in the stock queue. For the ranger, the people really into the truck and wanting to wait for the new year are probably mostly looking for one of the following, and only one of those is even orderable now (and only via a stock order):

- Raptor (Stock Orders Only)
- 2.7 Engine (Not Orderable)
- Tremor (Not Orderable)
- PHEV / Hybrid (Not Orderable)

I'm going to order an XLT with a 2.3 for now, and look to upgrade to the PHEV if it comes. (Or the rumored Bronco PHEV) but I don't have as much patience as some, and don't have a truck at the moment.

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
Given Ford's need to focus on quality and initial quality to help brand the new 6G Ranger in a good light I could see them starting out slowly and building up once Q thresholds are met.

Sponsored

HotRodRuby

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer ST
That 1500 was only retail orders too though. I'd be very curious to know about how many Raptor orders are in the stock queue. For the ranger, the people really into the truck and wanting to wait for the new year are probably mostly looking for one of the following, and only one of those is even orderable now (and only via a stock order):

- Raptor (Stock Orders Only)
- 2.7 Engine (Not Orderable)
- Tremor (Not Orderable)
- PHEV / Hybrid (Not Orderable)

I'm going to order an XLT with a 2.3 for now, and look to upgrade to the PHEV if it comes. (Or the rumored Bronco PHEV) but I don't have as much patience as some, and don't have a truck at the moment.

I'm with you, I ordered a 2.3 Lariat already because I need to get back in a truck... When the 2.7 drops then I'll consider the upgrade...

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
That 1500 was only retail orders too though. I'd be very curious to know about how many Raptor orders are in the stock queue.
I realize this is wishful thinking but with so few orders in, I'm hoping Ford changes their mind and decide to build a few more Raptors before the end of the year.

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
I’m specifically holding out for the 2.7l and 4A (4wd Auto). If they don’t put 4A in at least the the 2.7l Lariat, I’m out. Will get something else or wait until enough info is out to determine feasibility of a tcase swap and forscan reprogram like you can do on the F150. Lots of options coming in the midsize segment. Not in a rush to jump on the first thing available.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Theres only 1500 total rangers ordered in the country? I knew the ranger was the red headed step child of Ford but I didnt think it was going to be that low. I feel like based on this forum alone, 1490 of those are Raptors and 10 are XLTs
Yeah, with no Tremor and only one cab/bed configuration there are a bunch of us waiting for the Tacoma configurator to give more details of cost before a Ranger is considered, let alone ordered. Had there been a Tremor SuperCrew Longbed available, I probably would have place a Ranger order by now. Instead, I wait until I can get a price on a LWB Trailhunter.
Sponsored