• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

SCAB build, Seattle WA

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Really nice job on the chrome on your Chevy. I always like the before/after shots like that.

You seem to have a nice area to wok in. Would you go through your shop and talk about how you have it’s set-up for detailing? What’s kind of lighting do you have... Storage...

I always like seeing how other weekend warrior detailers have their set-ups.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LightingBlue

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
You seem to have a nice area to wok in. Would you go through your shop and talk about how you have it’s set-up for detailing? What’s kind of lighting do you have... Storage...
Well, I used to have my own garage all set up for boutique detailing as that's been my side business for a while, but that was before downgrading to a condo so now my personal detail gear & tools are scattered between multiple garages and locations.

The pics in this thread are of Kathleen's wonderful garage that she custom built before we met. Her intentions with the garage were not to have an automotive or fabrication shop (or a 2-post lift, can you believe that?!?!?! :crying:). We are currently in the design phase for fabricating industrial shelving from metal. We both enjoy welding and thought it would be more enjoyable to custom design floor-to-ceiling shelving that maximises the workable car space.

It will be a hybrid between metal tubing storage racks and this, without the silly all-thread or thick wood shelves.
bombproof shelving

Ford Ranger SCAB build, Seattle WA 34d27789d736601a8d7e64dd9c2cd8f9[1]

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Understood. Nice idea. I kinda saw the garage in the background and thought it looked like a car guys home away from home.

Your gf sounds amazing! Nice that you both enjoy welding. That must make it easier to explain things like, “... but Honey, the new plasma torch was on sale for a limited time...”

Peace.

OP
OP
LightingBlue

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
Your gf sounds amazing! Nice that you both enjoy welding. That must make it easier to explain things like, “... but Honey, the new plasma torch was on sale for a limited time...”

Peace.
She's pretty awesome! And she's a cleaner welder than I am! She likes the art of it, I like angle grinders and sizzled bacon. Neither of us have any formal education on the subject so we took an intro to welding class at the Hazard Factory (Link: HERE).

Days before her custom-build Ranger was delivered, we went to Pacific Raceways for a intro to track driving event with the Alfa Romeo Club of the NW where she finished off that set of tires. It was her first time driving on a race track and she had a blast! In the lowly Mazda6 (GT), it was pretty boring compared to the 700 wheel HP Mitsubishi Evolution IV that most of my track time has been in.

Ford Ranger SCAB build, Seattle WA Welding girl

Ford Ranger SCAB build, Seattle WA racing girl