• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

J0shM1lls' Ranger Build Thread!

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Hey Josh, I for one will be following this thread closely as I am definitely interested in the AMP Power Steps as well.

For the time being, I did get a set of the HDX Stainless Dropsteps (my Wife INSISTED!), I even had them powder coated to match the Magnetic Sport Trim. But I'm not a big fan of any side steps as I think they detract from the lines of the truck. The Power Steps would be just the ticket! (hidden when not in use, and easy on the Wife!)

And with your install/write-ups, I would trust/rely your expertise above and beyond that of any accessory manufacturer! :handshake:

Keep up the good work, your truck is bad-ass!

Cheers! :beer:

IMG_6379.jpeg
Thanks Bryan! Considering I lifted the truck 3.5" and the wife is 4'8"ish, yeah I needed some sort of step heh. I agree that steps should disappear into the truck when not in use. I can't wait to get them on and in use, they should be shipping within a week or so, and of course I'll have an install video up after they're installed. :thumbsup::beer:
Sponsored

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
So, I did a thing. I didn't want to spend $140 on some A-pillar / Hood mount brackets, so I designed some in Autodesk Fusion 360, 3d printed it until it was right and then chopped and bent some metal.

3d print in progress: https://imgur.com/6xAHPo0

Test fitting the 3d printed piece
Ford Ranger J0shM1lls' Ranger Build Thread! 3gaeNoH

Printed out the template, cut it out of 1-1/2 x 1/8 flat bar steel
Ford Ranger J0shM1lls' Ranger Build Thread! NcfV8vL

Bent it up and compared to the 3d printed piece
Ford Ranger J0shM1lls' Ranger Build Thread! xUVMNrJ

Gave em a good 3 coats of VHT Roll Bar & Chassis black
Ford Ranger J0shM1lls' Ranger Build Thread! eAP0fJi

And here we are
Ford Ranger J0shM1lls' Ranger Build Thread! TY0VRMd

Whattya guys think? :)

EDIT: Also, kids, don't use grinders/cutoff wheels without guards. You'll damn near chop a finger off like I did. But I saved 132 bucks! :crackup:

Last edited:

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
So, I did a thing. I didn't want to spend $140 on some A-pillar / Hood mount brackets, so I designed some in Autodesk Fusion 360, 3d printed it until it was right and then chopped and bent some metal.

3d print in progress: https://imgur.com/6xAHPo0

Test fitting the 3d printed piece
3gaeNoH.jpg

Printed out the template, cut it out of 1-1/2 x 1/8 flat bar steel
NcfV8vL.jpg

Bent it up and compared to the 3d printed piece
xUVMNrJ.jpg

Gave em a good 3 coats of VHT Roll Bar & Chassis black
eAP0fJi.jpg

And here we are
TY0VRMd.jpg

Whattya guys think? :)

EDIT: Also, kids, don't use grinders/cutoff wheels without guards. You'll damn near chop a finger off like I did. But I saved 132 bucks! :crackup:
Sure you saved the $132and still have all your fingers.... but the sense of pride/accomplishment = PRICELESS!
Great job Josh!
Now let there be light!
:clap:

Nolan Johnson

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Me too, but I bought quality hubcentric wheel spacers and used red loctite on em so they shouldn't be going anywhere.

Yep, I used 1.5" hubcentric wheel spacers since the BFGs are so much wider than the stock tire, they were REALLY close, and I mean, uncomfortably close to the spindle. So far there is only minimal rubbing on the passenger side rear intrusion beam at full lock with the steering wheel to the right when reversing. I have the BDS intrusion beams on order but apparently there's some supply issue that's delaying them. After those are on, rubbing will be a non-issue.

The BFGs I have are LT285/70/R17s, Load Range C, 116/113S and ordered them from Tirerack. They are the same tire thats on the Rest of the World Ranger Raptor.

The rims are also off of the Ranger Raptor and have the same offset and backspacing as stock. I really wanted them to poke out a bit more than stock, thus the spacers.
Hey Josh!

Do you remember what brand of wheel spacers you used?
Also, do you think the rubbing you mentioned would be eliminated if you went to a 275/65/R17 or a 265/65/R17 tire? I'm considering a 3" lift but I would like to get away with using the stock intrusion beams, albeit a smaller tire than yours, if possible.

Thanks for your input! Love the truck!

fillmd03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2015 Ford F150
Occupation
Logistics
I installed my Bushwacker OE-Style smooth finish fender flares today. I went with the thinner version that I haven't seen elsewhere yet and I'm quite pleased. They truly do look almost OEM. Here's the set I got in case anyone is interested - https://www.bushwacker.com/bushwacker-20955-02-oe-style-fender-flares-front-and-rear

What do you guys think?

I'll also have an install video up soonish. :sunglasses: EDIT: Video is up!

MabcWwW.jpg

ou2k9EN.jpg

fDKYsMh.jpg

Great video. New to this forum. Have you seen anyone that has painted these flares? I have a black Ranger and wanted to color match them with factory gloss paint.