• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

So the Ranger Raptor DOES have the irritating Auto Start Stop?

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWIW: was told by my local Ford dealer when I asked about up tuning and enabling features on my Maverick, any use of Forscan will void your warranty. It is a Russian product and not considered secure SW.
As long as you set the values back to default, they can't tell a difference. Many thousands of ford vehicle owners have used forscan and gotten warranty work done, the tool has been around for years.

Even if you don't bother setting the values back to default, they likely aren't going to care unless your change was the direct reason for warranty work.
Sponsored

SCFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 RRaptor, '22 Ford Bronco, '18 Raptor Prior
FWIW: was told by my local Ford dealer when I asked about up tuning and enabling features on my Maverick, any use of Forscan will void your warranty. It is a Russian product and not considered secure SW.
A tune yes but using Forscan to enable/disable features no as they cannot prove what scan tool was used, for all they know it was changed using a rotunda vcs.

Mikefili

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger, 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Construction
Your complaints should be directed at the EPA and their dumb requirements for new cars, not at Ford for being required to follow worthless regulations.
I do know that is what car dealers have been telling us for years, is there a car dealer that can really tell us the truth,? while that sounds like a plausable excuse how do they explain that most if not all the 23 Rangers have had that function deleted and not installed on the trucks, they then gave us a $50 credit for the elimination of it, that in itself blows the whole EPA thing out of the water. I just printed the window sticker for my 24 Ranger and that deletion credit is not on the sticker although the credit was on the order when I ordered the 24, oh well seems like it is back on the trucks

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do know that is what car dealers have been telling us for years, is there a car dealer that can really tell us the truth,? while that sounds like a plausable excuse how do they explain that most if not all the 23 Rangers have had that function deleted and not installed on the trucks, they then gave us a $50 credit for the elimination of it, that in itself blows the whole EPA thing out of the water. I just printed the window sticker for my 24 Ranger and that deletion credit is not on the sticker although the credit was on the order when I ordered the 24, oh well seems like it is back on the trucks
As far as i know, auto-start-stop tech was missing on various 2020-2023 model year vehicles because it was among the list of features that couldn't be supported due to chip shortages/supply chain constraints.

Mikefili

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger, 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Construction
As far as i know, auto-start-stop tech was missing on various 2020-2023 model year vehicles because it was among the list of features that couldn't be supported due to chip shortages/supply chain constraints.
yes, but do we ever know of any government agency to give up their power on anything that they hold command over? I can't believe that ford could just eliminate it when we have been told
"its commanded by the EPA and no one, not even pour service department can override it under penalty of death"

Sponsored

Johnny 5

First Name
John C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2024 Ranger Raptor (ordered)
Occupation
Mold maker
Did they possibly make it so pressing the button enables the function instead of disabling the function? I thought I heard it worded that way in one the videos I watched.

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
The idea that I have to press that button every time I start up my truck over the whole time I own in - just so Ford.can report the slightest tick higher on MPG is beyond annoying to me. Some people might not mind but it drives me crazy. On my tracking page it now says "Auto Start Stop technology" instead of removal. What a joke. Has to be a way to permanently disable it.
Dumbest thing ever created....it's actually dangerous.

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
I’ve driven mine XLT for two days now and it hasn’t shut the motor off yet. I also haven’t put it in sport mode. Maybe I’m lucky and it’s broken. 😂

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve driven mine XLT for two days now and it hasn’t shut the motor off yet. I also have put it in sport mode. Maybe I’m lucky and it’s broken. 😂
I think I heard in a video that sport mode disables A-S-S.

Sponsored

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
Is the start stop crap a north American market only thing?
Meaning our AUS friends on here probably don't have a fix for that.
I emailed AutoStop Eliminator today, I have not heard back yet.
Ford Auto Stop Disabler From Autostop Eliminator

I do not see an offering for one that fits the 2024 Ranger.
But the same one I have in my Bronco shows good for 2024 Broncos.
Just curious how much of the electrical architecture is shared between the Bronco and Ranger.
I know they now have the same engines and come down the same assembly line.

Anyone have any info on a product that can be installed to permanently shut that start stop crap off.

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby Baja700 Raptor, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
I sure hope not. Just love more government control, nit. I'll gladly stick with my gas powered vehicles, not reliant on an inadequate electric grid.
The grid isn’t what sketches me out about EVs. It’s battery longevity, software issues over time, and firmware BS leaving people stranded. I also like collecting vehicles, and all of my gas cars from the 60s still work, but EVs will be E-waste in 5-15 years. Granted most crap normal cars are also scrapped, but there are still tons of 15+ year old cars that do great, but EVs won’t, almost guaranteed.

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2023 Toyota GR86
On the 5g, if something was plugged into the back AC outlet drawing power, it would disable start/stop. Has anyone tried the night light or USB charger trick to see if it works on the 6g?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
So yesterday in my tracker under Accessories it said "Auto Start Stop Technology" and now today it's back to saying "Auto Start Stop Removal." Weird. Anxious to see if some of the RRs that have shipped already have it or not.
whatever is on your final window sticker when confirmed it's shipped is what you will get.
Sponsored