• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
I'm curious what you all think will be tweaked on the exterior of the Gen-6 Ranger for us in North America. Here's my theory.

Ford Ranger Theories on the North American Ranger Exterior Styling Tweaks NA 6G Ranger Tweaks

Ford Ranger Theories on the North American Ranger Exterior Styling Tweaks NA 6G Ranger Tweaks II

Last edited by a moderator:

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Its confusing to me how an after market steel bumper will go on.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Its confusing to me how an after market steel bumper will go on.
This is one of just many reasons why the NA version will be slightly different in appearance. But I'm with you. The protrusions on the front seem to be a design feature. They could remove the feature, but then it looks very vanilla. They could also 2-piece it, but then it will ruin the feature. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Considering the differences between the current PX3 and the N/A Ranger, it'll follow similar changes.

Our Wildtrak:
Ford Ranger Theories on the North American Ranger Exterior Styling Tweaks Wildtrak PX3.PNG

Our XLT:
Ford Ranger Theories on the North American Ranger Exterior Styling Tweaks XLT PX3.PNG

OP
OP

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Considering the differences between the current PX3 and the N/A Ranger, it'll follow similar changes.

Our Wildtrak:
Wildtrak PX3.PNG

Our XLT:
XLT PX3.PNG
With that, here's the Aussie 5G XLT vs. the NA 5G XLT.
Ford Ranger Theories on the North American Ranger Exterior Styling Tweaks 5G Ranger_Aussie vs NA

Yeah, the more I think about it, them more I'm sure the NA version of the 6G Ranger will get an altered grill design with the protrusions on either side of the grill either removed of less pronounced. Otherwise, a two piece front will look rather goofy. But maybe I just need to see the Raptor version to see what 6G looks like with a steel bumper.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Yeah, the more I think about it, them more I'm sure the NA version of the 6G Ranger will get an altered grill design with the protrusions on either side of the grill either removed of less pronounced. Otherwise, a two piece front will look rather goofy. But maybe I just need to see the Raptor version to see what 6G looks like with a steel bumper.
It's also worth noting that up until very recently our XLT had a completely different grill to the NA Ranger. It was a chromed version of the Wildtrak grill.
Ford Ranger Theories on the North American Ranger Exterior Styling Tweaks blue-lightnin

Frosty 2019

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
No bed lights to unload in the dark

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
I'm curious what you all think will be tweaked on the exterior of the Gen-6 Ranger for us in North America. Here's my theory.

NA 6G Ranger Tweaks II.png
I don't think the CHMSL will move up to the roof. The Gladiator gets away with having it on the tailgate, and adding a hole to the back of the cab is undesirable engineering cost. I'd expect trailer connectors to move above the bumper step.

OP
OP

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
I don't think the CHMSL will move up to the roof. The Gladiator gets away with having it on the tailgate, and adding a hole to the back of the cab is undesirable engineering cost. I'd expect trailer connectors to move above the bumper step.
Interesting take. I just think for will continue to do it because they still do and it double as the location of on of the bed lights. As for the trailer connectors, I'm struggling to see it.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Senior Rx Automation Consultant
If they leave the CHMSL on the tailgate, then it isn't blocked by a bed cap or soft top.

Sponsored

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm hoping the N/A version has a two piece front similar to the Raptor. That's a classic truck look and what sets the Ranger apart from other mid sized trucks in my opinion.

Romans 10:13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu D-Max
Occupation
Teacher
Not sure if anyone has seen this one captured in the land of freedom?

Sponsored