• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Tired of waiting.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACHER
I hate to say it but, I lost patience and decided to get a F150 Tremor, I got tired of the waiting game. I can’t wait to see the Ranger Raptor the road.

IMG_1041.jpeg
Hey, the truck looks great, man! If I had a bigger garage I might do the same thing!

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Isn’t the Chevy plant that makes Colorados on strike too?
The plant is on strike. The difference is that the Colorado was a 23 and there are still some on the lots. I'm wondering if they'll have specials on the 23s that are backed up at the plant so they can transition to 24. If that happens and I'm not scheduled, I may jump. Also Tacoma will start hitting the streets in December. Nice to have options.

Ranger Nick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger
Occupation
Lawyer
I went with a ‘23 Gladiator, love it so far. More room in the back seat than the Ranger, and has a V6 that can be supercharged post warranty to kick out Raptor like power. Came with 33s and lots
of off road equipment that would have added a lot if Ford added them…Also got 20% off MSRP….

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
The plant is on strike. The difference is that the Colorado was a 23 and there are still some on the lots. I'm wondering if they'll have specials on the 23s that are backed up at the plant so they can transition to 24. If that happens and I'm not scheduled, I may jump. Also Tacoma will start hitting the streets in December. Nice to have options.
you're kidding yourself if you think there will be plentiful Tacomas on lots to choose from. Toyota doesn't take orders, so you have to be willing to take whatever they come up with and no haggling on price or incentives. Nissan doing same thing. May work for some people, but not for me.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I went with a ‘23 Gladiator, love it so far. More room in the back seat than the Ranger, and has a V6 that can be supercharged post warranty to kick out Raptor like power. Came with 33s and lots
of off road equipment that would have added a lot if Ford added them…Also got 20% off MSRP….
did you research the MPG and repairs issues on them 1st? Add that to them being overpriced due to Jeep name/legend and it doesn't seem like a viable option to me getting a SCab with 6' bed at a fair price. You do you :like:

OP
OP
bigmoe1701

bigmoe1701

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2023 Explorer Timberline
Occupation
Production Line Team Leader
Nice truck. May I ask why you didn’t go with the F-150 Raptor if you build them?
Money. But I also build the Tremor and the lightning.

Ranger Nick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger
Occupation
Lawyer
did you research the MPG and repairs issues on them 1st? Add that to them being overpriced due to Jeep name/legend and it doesn't seem like a viable option to me getting a SCab with 6' bed at a fair price. You do you :like:
Yep. Here is what I have found so far: I’m getting 20 mpgs city, believe that is higher than the Ranger. The repair issues are old news. That V6 is listed as one of the most reliable 6ers out there and with a low maintenance cost, one of the few gas engines that will go past 200,000 miles. The Rangers have a 5’ bed just like the Jeeps. I paid less than a Ranger as they are heavily discounting them… It trounces the Ranger off road, not even close. So on all fronts, a win.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
All that matters is if someone likes the vehicle. I don't like the looks of the gladiators, so I don't get one. Looks are subjective though, so to each there own.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
you're kidding yourself if you think there will be plentiful Tacomas on lots to choose from. Toyota doesn't take orders, so you have to be willing to take whatever they come up with and no haggling on price or incentives. Nissan doing same thing. May work for some people, but not for me.
I know that. If I got a Tacoma, it wouldn’t be too special. I’ve already talk to my local Toyota dealer where I know some people who work there. They said they can get me either a limited, or a Trd off-road pretty specked out. I really want my ranger raptor though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bigmoe1701

bigmoe1701

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2023 Explorer Timberline
Occupation
Production Line Team Leader
Did you have a hand in building yours? That would be really awesome to be able to say.
No, I missed mine by a few weeks, I did build my dad’s 2021 F150. That was awesome

Jab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon | 2024 Ranger Raptor
You don't want that 4 cylinder i promise
Yeah. At the end of the day, that is the biggest thing keeping me from losing patience and getting a GMC. I just know that 4 cylinder will equal years of regret.
Sponsored