• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Trying to find a CT dealer to sell at MSRP.

easyheimer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Been wanting to order a RR for a while now. The past week I’ve gone around visiting some dealers and they all still had their allocation available but were all charging at least $15k over MSRP which I think is ridiculous. Thought I read that Ford was cracking down on this. Hopefully I’ll be able to find an honest dealer willing to sell at MSRP.

Anyone get so lucky here?
Sponsored

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
Good Luck
If people did not pay the mark up it would stop real fast.

NEPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma; 1966 Mustang Fastback
Occupation
Law Enforcement
If you don’t mind driving down to PA I know of two dealers that are selling orders at MSRP. I was finally able to find a dealer here that had their allocation available at MSRP so I cancelled the other two orders.

OP
OP

easyheimer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
If you don’t mind driving down to PA I know of two dealers that are selling orders at MSRP. I was finally able to find a dealer here that had their allocation available at MSRP so I cancelled the other two orders.
Absolutely! It’s not too far from me. What are the dealers and who should I speak with?

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Not saying it's impossible, but I would be weary. I've said this before, if a dealership still has their 1 allocation available, its probably because they want a markup.

Be careful they aren't just feeding you lines to put down a deposit, then turns out you are getting a future allocation instead. And you being out of state, it'll just be more of a pain to get your money back if it goes sideways.

Sponsored
OP
OP

easyheimer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Not saying it's impossible, but I would be weary. I've said this before, if a dealership still has their 1 allocation available, its probably because they want a markup.

Be careful they aren't just feeding you lines to put down a deposit, then turns out you are getting a future allocation instead. And you being out of state, it'll just be more of a pain to get your money back if it goes sideways.
Just got a call back from the owner of a local Ford dealership and he was very honest with me. Told me he doesn’t understand the 30k markups. Said most he’d mark it up is $3k which I was surprisingly ok with.

Probably going down in a bit to build it and put my deposit down.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Been wanting to order a RR for a while now. The past week I’ve gone around visiting some dealers and they all still had their allocation available but were all charging at least $15k over MSRP which I think is ridiculous. Thought I read that Ford was cracking down on this. Hopefully I’ll be able to find an honest dealer willing to sell at MSRP.

Anyone get so lucky here?
Why in the world would you expect a limited-edition premium vehicle to sell for MSRP from day 1? Doesn't happen with Ford GT or Shelby, Corvette C-8 and many others. You can go the route of searching the country as some have suggested, or simply wait it out until the initial surge of buyers is exhausted and more allocations will be made available by Ford.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Good Luck
If people did not pay the mark up it would stop real fast.
Yeah, and Unicorns and Pot's 'O Gold at the end of the rainbow are real too! I challenge anyone promoting this opinion to show us even 1 example where people 100% refused to pay dealer markups and the national network of dealers caved and sold at MSRP or less after the little "boycott". IMO, this is simply a matter of personal convictions vs. how reality works. It may make you feel better about sticking to your principals, but a whole lot of other people will be driving these trucks and not caring they paid a little more up front now while others wait and pay the same later as inevitable price bumps kick in at 2x per year :rolleyes:

NEPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma; 1966 Mustang Fastback
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I would go the local route then. As much as it pains me to say a 3k markup is reasonable. I checked with 25+ Ford dealers in PA and the average was 5k markup. Those two dealers I mentioned are submitting supplemental orders since their allocation was accounted for. You realistically won’t see them for a long time but at least it was at MSRP. Wait a LONG time but don’t pay a markup or pay a 3k markup and get it much sooner. I’d do the second option personally….

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, and Unicorns and Pot's 'O Gold at the end of the rainbow are real too! I challenge anyone promoting this opinion to show us even 1 example where people 100% refused to pay dealer markups and the national network of dealers caved and sold at MSRP or less after the little "boycott". IMO, this is simply a matter of personal convictions vs. how reality works. It may make you feel better about sticking to your principals, but a whole lot of other people will be driving these trucks and not caring they paid a little more up front now while others wait and pay the same later as inevitable price bumps kick in at 2x per year :rolleyes:
You mean I can't find a Unicorn or a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?
Now I am totally bummed out.

Darn no Pots of gold or unicorns...............................................................................................

Sponsored

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
There may not be unicorns or pots of gold and maybe ones personal convictions end in paying the same price in the end but guess it will be more for the manufacturers and not those trying to set their own prices. The bottom line, I object to dealers greed. So we will both do as we feel is correct and the world will go on spinning. And you and I will never agree.

Last edited:

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
It's not surprising, but ordering a non-Raptor Ranger seems like a different experience entirely. I've see a few posts here where the worst for those is MSRP. I was prepared to shop my order to the local-ish dealers around me, but the closest dealer's "offer" was enough to satisfy me. My XLT will be more boring, but thankfully so is the ordering process.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
There may not be unicorns or pots of gold and maybe ones personal convictions end in paying the same price in the end but guess it will be more for the manufacturers and not those trying to set their own prices. The bottom line, I object to dealers greed. So we will both do as we feel is correct and the world will go on spinning. And you and I will never agree.
I agree with you on objecting to greed in retail transactions. I just don't consider vehicle dealers as particularly heinous offenders in the big picture that is modern life 🤷‍♂️

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
I agree with you on objecting to greed in retail transactions. I just don't consider vehicle dealers as particularly heinous offenders in the big picture that is modern life 🤷‍♂️
You are correct but greed is greed and it gets old after a while.
Sponsored