• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

UAW kicks off talks with 'Detroit Three'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Just lovely! Yes, I want employees to have fair and reasonable compensation while allowing the companies to remain competitive. The selfish side of me has a very sinking feeling this is going to push builds months into the future. :frown:

Two headlines from today Sept 1st.

AUTOS

Ford Made an Offer to the UAW Union. It Won’t Go Over Well.

UAW president dismisses Ford’s counter offer, says GM, Stellantis haven’t responded to demands

Likelihood of strike appears to be growing.

The link below is an article that provides the UAW and companies perspective up to this point.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...al-says-gm-stellantis-still-havent-responded/

The UAW’s current contracts with Ford, GM and Stellantis are set to expire on Sept. 14. Fain has made it clear that he views that date as a hard deadline, and not as a “reference point.”

Saw that. It’s the beginning of talks. Remember UPS was a day away from striking when a deal was made. We won’t know anything until the 14th
Sponsored

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
This is all about makers & takers!! The guys & gals on the lines are the makers & the guys & gals in the offices are the takers. Things can get done with way less takers than makers, problem is though that the takers don’t want to give any more to the makers because there will be less for them to take!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Escape SE, 23 Colorado LT
Saw that. It’s the beginning of talks. Remember UPS was a day away from striking when a deal was made. We won’t know anything until the 14th
My periodic postings on this topic are simply meant to be updates, not a prediction. Admittedly, in re-reading my own post, I see how my pessimistic "sinking feeling" intro can be taken as such. The talks formally began July 18th, 2023. We now have until September 14th, I'm not sure I would call that "just begining" however, yes, we have until September 14th. 🤞

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is all about makers & takers!! The guys & gals on the lines are the makers & the guys & gals in the offices are the takers. Things can get done with way less takers than makers, problem is though that the takers don’t want to give anymore to the makers because there will be less for them to take!!
The office worker who deals in excel spreadsheets all day to figure out the supply chain for a 5 figure salary is not a "taker". what a weird, divisive mindset.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is NO way that “job” warrants a five figure salary!! That by definition IS a taker!!
well at least from this response i can tell you don't know anything about how a business or supply chain works. no wonder you're spreading cringe "us vs them" boomer tier ideology on a forum for a ford truck.

the people who manage ordering supplies, vendor relations, engineering and logistics don't deserve a real salary, but the people who do the equivalent of putting together legos deserve a 40% raise. rise up brother.

Sponsored

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
My periodic postings on this topic are simply meant to be updates, not a prediction. Admittedly, in re-reading my own post, I see how my pessimistic "sinking feeling" intro can be taken as such. The talks formally began July 18th, 2023. We now have until September 14th, I'm not sure I would call that "just begining" however, yes, we have until September 14th. 🤞
Oh I get it. I would rather them not strike and a good deal be met before so I get my truck sooner rather than later too

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
The office worker who deals in excel spreadsheets all day to figure out the supply chain for a 5 figure salary is not a "taker". what a weird, divisive mindset.
First off, my comment was not meant to be divisive. I read a UAW electrical worker comments today where he spoke of management workers coming out into the plant wearing high-vis vests with their name’s embroidered on them as an example of wasteful spending. Those are takers & probably more than half of their “jobs” could be eliminated with little to NO effect on the day to day operations of said plant. Management wants to speak about money & paying the makers of that money but fail to look at the waste on their own side of the fence!!

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
well at least from this response i can tell you don't know anything about how a business or supply chain works. no wonder you're spreading cringe "us vs them" boomer tier ideology on a forum for a ford truck.

the people who manage ordering supplies, vendor relations, engineering and logistics don't deserve a real salary, but the people who do the equivalent of putting together legos deserve a 40% raise. rise up brother.

Right. The people making the product the entire companies existence is based on don’t deserve a raise. Exactly that’s a great and totally realistic way of looking at this.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right. The people making the product the entire companies existence is based on don’t deserve a raise. Exactly that’s a great and totally realistic way of looking at this.
Damn good thing I never said that then. Try again karl marx.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Damn good thing I never said that then. Try again karl marx.
Nope you just made classicist statements denigrating the people making the product that keeps the existence of the company going.

I’m anything but Marx. He thought people were intelligent. Yet here we are, people defending the poor millionaires. Truly the most oppressed class.

Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope you just made classicist statements denigrating the people making the product that keeps the existence of the company going.

I’m anything but Marx. He thought people were intelligent. Yet here we are, people defending the poor millionaires. Truly the most oppressed class.
Literally no one is defending millionaires in this thread. This is now the second reply in a row that you're straw-manning and putting words in my mouth that I never once said. Please learn how to read.

Me: "The office workers making 5 figures aren't "takers" and are vital to how a company operates."

You: "Ummm sweety, why are you defending millionaires?"

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Literally no one is defending millionaires in this thread. This is now the second reply in a row that you're straw-manning and putting words in my mouth that I never once said. Please learn how to read.
Except in 13 pages multiple people have, including you.

You know the irony in saying "people who essentially build legos" don't deserve a raise if it were that simple a strike wouldn't be a problem.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

You know the irony in saying "people who essentially build legos" don't deserve a raise if it were that simple a strike wouldn't be a problem.
Once again, never said they didn't deserve a raise. Nor did I defend millionaires.

Deleted member 6764

You constantly misrepresent what other says, or imply they have said things they haven't. And then complain that everyone else are idiots that know nothing. Can we just please stop?

You will not convince anyone of anything you are trying to with the tactics you use, and no one is going to convince you of anything because you don't actually read/listen.

Let's all drop the divisive us vs. them union/exec/office snipes. It will do nothing but continue pointless arguments.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
You constantly misrepresent what other says, or imply they have said things they haven't. And then complain that everyone else are idiots that know nothing. Can we just please stop?

You will not convince anyone of anything you are trying to with the tactics you use, and no one is going to convince you of anything because you don't actually read/listen.

Let's all drop the divisive us vs. them union/exec/office snipes. It will do nothing but continue pointless arguments.

Oh really. When the majority of what I have said in this thread is be patient and how we have no control over it?

Except I have read, every comment, I have been respectful in just about every case. And I haven’t insulted anyone until my last comment and even that was indirect.

The irony of telling me that I won’t be convinced in all of this is myself and at least 3 others have put forward very good points about why the strike is good for workers and we have each time been met with people complaining other people will make more money or their truck order will be delayed. People have defended millionaires here which is ironic even if you are a staunch capitalist.

I provided sources for why they are striking and why it makes sense. I have at worst called others ignorant and at best misinformed. I have neither brought politics Into this not have I accused anyone of anything political.

I am sorry If i don’t chew on boots the way you would like and being presented with an alternative view upsets you and you feel like I must be the one to change. And I’m sorry that won’t happen. Welcome to the real world. Other people exist and there will be conflict. This far it has not devolved into name calling (until about 4 comments above). Respectful debate is still allowed here.

But don’t presume to accuse me of not arguing in good faith when I have done so since this thread started.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.