• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

UAW kicks off talks with 'Detroit Three'

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
They don’t get time off, they have to work the picket line. Also they only get $500 a week for strike pay. No one really wants a strike to happen.
Gotcha. They immediately turned down a 20% pay increase at GM. Ford's CEO said their demands would bankrupt the company. The strike will cost their employer billions. Toyota is smart, thats all.
Sponsored

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
What a sh!t show. They were supposed to go all on strike then they change it to a few locations. Their leader got compromised. Guy is going to screw them over

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
What a sh!t show. They were supposed to go all on strike then they change it to a few locations. Their leader got compromised. Guy is going to screw them over
Plan all along was to start at a few locations and add more with time. Has been for a few weeks

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Gotcha. They immediately turned down a 20% pay increase at GM. Ford's CEO said their demands would bankrupt the company. The strike will cost their employer billions. Toyota is smart, thats all.
Toyota is smart? How was that the conclusion you get from that

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
Toyota is smart? How was that the conclusion you get from that
Well, their employees aren't costing them billions by making outrageous demands. I still don't want another Toyota and will be waiting this out.

Sponsored

Labradorguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Dumb question….

Why wouldn’t Ford “lock out” all union employees at MAP? You can’t make vehicles without paint.

So, I get the union is only having the paint department walk out…but it effectively halts production/assembly at the facility.

Maybe the union wants Ford to lock them out…as it forces unemployment benefits for the plant?

I have no dog in this hunt…just trying to figure out the tactics in having the paint department only on strike?

Thanks in advance for your reply/insight.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Dumb question….

Why wouldn’t Ford “lock out” all union employees at MAP? You can’t make vehicles without paint.

So, I get the union is only having the paint department walk out…but it effectively halts production/assembly at the facility.

Maybe the union wants Ford to lock them out…as it forces unemployment benefits for the plant?

I have no dog in this hunt…just trying to figure out the tactics in having the paint department only on strike?

Thanks in advance for your reply/insight.
UAW is perceivably in it for the long haul. By only having the paint department walk out, they’ve effector stopped deliveries from that plant. But since the entire plant isn’t striking, UAW only has to pay a strike fund to the paint department which allows them to inflict maximum stoppage, with minimal commitment from their war chest. Because this is the first time there’s been a strike across the Big 3 at the same time, UAW is strategically picking strike locations and locals instead of striking everyone at once. This allows them to prolong the losses to the manufacturers as long as possible.

Labradorguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
UAW is perceivably in it for the long haul. By only having the paint department walk out, they’ve effector stopped deliveries from that plant. But since the entire plant isn’t striking, UAW only has to pay a strike fund to the paint department which allows them to inflict maximum stoppage, with minimal commitment from their war chest. Because this is the first time there’s been a strike across the Big 3 at the same time, UAW is strategically picking strike locations and locals instead of striking everyone at once. This allows them to prolong the losses to the manufacturers as long as possible.
So, why wouldnt that tactic/logic play out across all of the big three facilities?

Have all of the paint booth workers strike.

You would only theoretically need to pay the striking paint shop employees…yet shut down production across the United States?

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
So, why wouldnt that tactic/logic play out across all of the big three facilities?

Have all of the paint booth workers strike.

You would only theoretically need to pay the striking paint shop employees…yet shut down production across the United States?
The more workers you have on strike the more workers the UAW has to pay. So your window for striking becomes shorter.

I have to guess also that not all plants have a separate paint facility or a separate union hall just for painting so that tactic won’t work everywhere.

Sponsored

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
From what I have read those workers who did not walk out, that are on layoff would get less than the $500.00 strike pay.
The unemployment amount differs by state I believe.
There are different legal questions in each state about qualifying for unemployment.
From what I have read.

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Do you really think the contract concessions to the UAW will be funded by pay cuts to the executives? If yes, I have some Ocean Front Property in Arizona for sale. The CONSUMER will pay for the any UAW contract wins via HIGHER PRICES.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
Do you really think the contract concessions to the UAW will be funded by pay cuts to the executives? If yes, I have some Ocean Front Property in Arizona for sale. The CONSUMER will pay for the any UAW contract wins via HIGHER PRICES.
That is a given.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
No, not at all. Most have the expectation that the pay raises will come from the massive profits they have been sharing with institutional investors and the government money they use for stock buybacks. It won’t come from prices, because they still have to compete with other brands. This is what the goal is.

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
No, not at all. Most have the expectation that the pay raises will come from the massive profits they have been sharing with institutional investors and the government money they use for stock buybacks. It won’t come from prices, because they still have to compete with other brands. This is what the goal is.
Time will tell - Hope you are right! Ford has some great products....but so do the imports.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.