• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Udpated UAW Strike Information?

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Anyone have any "insight" on current status or any info on when it will end? Post it here.
Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Could end today or sometime in future no one really knows :D

Mock01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger
Seeing as today they started striking the GM plant in Texas that makes the Suburban/Yukon/Tahoe/Escalade, I’d say things aren’t trending in a positive direction.

craigc

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seeing as today they started striking the GM plant in Texas that makes the Suburban/Yukon/Tahoe/Escalade, I’d say things aren’t trending in a positive direction.
Also they made a point to say this last strike was announced right after the GM Earnings was reported. Ford announces their earnings on Thursday and Stellantis next Tuesday. I am of the opinion that they will wait for all the earnings to come out as it seems Mr Fain thinks that if the companies have good earnings, that gives more power to the demands. If they all had a good quarter last quarter, as I suspect they did, that will only prolong the strike, and thus I do not see any end to the strike until at least all 3 have reported earnings. After that, I hope they see the gas tank is emptied and everyone can get back to work maybe next week or the week after.....

I also thought it was interesting that he made a point to mention Ford announcing dividends during all this. The market is an important part of any public company so those things must continue or else the company also will suffer. I wonder how many UAW employees are stockholders......I bet almost every one of them has holdings within their 401k, either directly or in a mutual fund, so it behooves everyone that the company survive, and dividends for a large value company is all but expected.... The dividend they reported last quarter was pretty consistent over the last few years and really should not have been any surprise.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Also they made a point to say this last strike was announced right after the GM Earnings was reported. Ford announces their earnings on Thursday and Stellantis next Tuesday. I am of the opinion that they will wait for all the earnings to come out as it seems Mr Fain thinks that if the companies have good earnings, that gives more power to the demands. If they all had a good quarter last quarter, as I suspect they did, that will only prolong the strike, and thus I do not see any end to the strike until at least all 3 have reported earnings. After that, I hope they see the gas tank is emptied and everyone can get back to work maybe next week or the week after.....

I also thought it was interesting that he made a point to mention Ford announcing dividends during all this. The market is an important part of any public company so those things must continue or else the company also will suffer. I wonder how many UAW employees are stockholders......I bet almost every one of them has holdings within their 401k, either directly or in a mutual fund, so it behooves everyone that the company survive, and dividends for a large value company is all but expected.... The dividend they reported last quarter was pretty consistent over the last few years and really should not have been any surprise.
meh have you seen ford stock? It's not really a cash cow

Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
Make the vehicles cheaper :D
That's not how economics work. Workers want more money you have to make the product cost more. No business goes into business to break even. You need money to expand.

Sponsored

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
My state is not a union state, so I don't know how the law works. I'm hoping somebody can enlighten me.

Is there anything the manufacturers can do?

What if the UAW members just refuse to come back to work and were to go get other jobs, could the manufacturers ever hire replacement workers?

How long can the workers strike before the employer has some rights?

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
My state is not a union state, so I don't know how the law works. I'm hoping somebody can enlighten me.

Is there anything the manufacturers can do?

What if the UAW members just refuse to come back to work and were to go get other jobs, could the manufacturers ever hire replacement workers?

How long can the workers strike before the employer has some rights?
If workers go to another job, they cease to be on strike. Ford can hire replacement workers.

While on strike Ford cannot hire replacement permanent workers. They do have the ability to claim that the union is not arguing in good faith and proceed to replace those workers but if they can’t prove it in court they could face federal lawsuits. Note that “in good faith” does not mean that you personally think they’re asking for things you think are unreasonable. It means that they refuse to talk or negotiate or meet with you, or ask for objectively impossible things (such as asking for million dollar salaries for each worker). These lawsuits would take years and could include an injunction. Neither side wants this. It’s in everybody’s best interest to keep talks going. But there is no time limit to a strike, if there was there’d be no bargaining power for labor. It would defeat collective bargaining protections.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I think the strikes are going to go on until the holidays. I think the union members will be pretty much over it by then. 2 months of 500$ a paycheck, will make thanksgiving and Christmas plans pretty rough. That and striking in the Michigan winter.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
If workers go to another job, they cease to be on strike. Ford can hire replacement workers.

While on strike Ford cannot hire replacement permanent workers. They do have the ability to claim that the union is not arguing in good faith and proceed to replace those workers but if they can’t prove it in court they could face federal lawsuits. Note that “in good faith” does not mean that you personally think they’re asking for things you think are unreasonable. It means that they refuse to talk or negotiate or meet with you, or ask for objectively impossible things (such as asking for million dollar salaries for each worker). These lawsuits would take years and could include an injunction. Neither side wants this. It’s in everybody’s best interest to keep talks going. But there is no time limit to a strike, if there was there’d be no bargaining power for labor. It would defeat collective bargaining protections.
Thank you for the reply

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement

The whole system needs to crash and burn in an epic dumpster fire and rebuilt from the ground up.

The same for our government, the same for corporate laws, the same for union laws. They can all implode and this country would be better off for it.
Sponsored