• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Posting bc this is one of the most popular threads on 5g, and a lot of 6g's are being delivered, so let the hi-jinx begin!

Today I recycled 1. My Coverking neoprene charcoal & black seat covers. They were still like new from Pepper, my 2019 5g 2. Also the black solid lug nuts (replacing the 2-pc chromed OEM). 3. My Amp Research Bed Extender, only 1 of 2 holes on the brackets lined up, so its temporary until I can drill the other two. Ford did well to keep the factory threaded holes from being sprayed withbedliner. 4. The Gator EFX hard cover was recycled the other day, it fit the new bed perfect. 5. Husky front and rear floor mats were also repurposed the other day. 6. Vault Cargo Management hitch lock, 4 years old and no rust like many complained about!

NEW STUFF: 1. Yesterday I installed new Go Rhino running boards, RB20's (look like Raptors, to me)...didn't get the factory ones bc in my experience they rust readily, and the RB10's looked like new on my 5g over 4 years of use! I like the RB20's better. 2. Had to add a decal to identify Olaf, on the back window.

Waiting on foam tape to add the front seal to the Gator cover. Only thing didn't fit was the console tray, the new console is bigger.

Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 20240405_164626

Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 20240405_213313-COLLAGE

Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 20240405_164444

Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 20240405_164400

Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 20240405_164331

Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 20240405_164519

OP
OP
TVRangerSTX

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Put two holes in the bumper, so that I could add my German plate to the front. It's been on every car I've had since 2010.
IMG_5666.jpg
Ok Jed, I'll ask...where'd you get it and what's the significance? It is cool, and nice blue touch!

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
Ok Jed, I'll ask...where'd you get it and what's the significance? It is cool, and nice blue touch!
I'm a German teacher, so I've always liked having a German plate on my car. The letter(s) to the left of the city seal on a German plate represent the city. LB = Ludwigsburg where I did a semester abroad when I was in grad school. The other letters can be anything that you want unless someone else has taken it. It is a reproduction, kinda. I bought it here, but all Germans buy their own plates from wherever as long as they meet the right specs. You get the seals when you register your car.
Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 IMG_3074.JPG

Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 BTXY7317
Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 IMG_8799.JPG
Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 IMG_2305

OP
OP
TVRangerSTX

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm a German teacher, so I've always liked having a German plate on my car. The letter(s) to the left of the city seal on a German plate represent the city. LB = Ludwigsburg where I did a semester abroad when I was in grad school. The other letters can be anything that you want unless someone else has taken it. It is a reproduction, kinda. I bought it here, but all Germans buy their own plates from wherever as long as they meet the right specs. You get the seals when you register your car.
IMG_3074.JPG

BTXY7317.jpg
IMG_8799.JPG
IMG_2305.jpeg
Odd that you can buy your own plates over there! I have family in England and plates are a big deal, certain ones are expensive, plate envy, matching your plate to your car vintage. Then again friends in DE, that's Delaware, not Deutchland, pay big bucks for low-number black plates🫨 Auf wiedersehen...

Sponsored

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, VW Atlas
For those of you that already have your non-raptor trucks... I saw in a video (I think the person posting it is a member here) that the Raptors have a license plate bracket that allows you to mount it to pre-drilled holes under the bumper.

Do the non-Raptors have a similar setup so that you don't have to drill into the front bumper fascia? My window sticker includes a "Front license plate bracket" so hoping it can be mounted similarly to the Raptors.

Couple of pictures of the mount...
Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 1712423148090-ne

Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 1712422899591-ar

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
I'm just getting a new bakflip x4s that is specific to a 2024 ranger raptor. If there is no difference, oh well. I'd just as soon put all new stuff on my new raptor, anyways.

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
For those of you that already have your non-raptor trucks... I saw in a video (I think the person posting it is a member here) that the Raptors have a license plate bracket that allows you to mount it to pre-drilled holes under the bumper.

Do the non-Raptors have a similar setup so that you don't have to drill into the front bumper fascia? My window sticker includes a "Front license plate bracket" so hoping it can be mounted similarly to the Raptors.

Couple of pictures of the mount...
1712423148090-ne.png

1712422899591-ar.png
There's nothing to help you in this spot on a regular Ranger

Sponsored

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
I installed my crossover toolbox. The holes under the covers were perfect for the mounting slot in my UWS toolbox. One bolt on each side. No janky J-bolts or pick-up box mounts needed. A crossover box steals a lot of the 5' bed, so I'm not sure I'll run it for long.
Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 IMG_5678

Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 IMG_5680

Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 IMG_5681

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Odd that you can buy your own plates over there!
Minnesota USA allows us to buy Critical Habitat plates with a donation pf $30 or more to the DNR, which goes to helping to preserve important wildlife habitat and plant communities such as wetlands, prairies, old growth forests, and endangered orchid sites. They also buy and improve land for wildlife benefit. The land bought goes into trust.
The new "blackout plates" are also popular.
Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 crit habitat1.JPG
Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 crit habitat2.JPG

OP
OP
TVRangerSTX

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Minnesota USA allows us to buy Critical Habitat plates with a donation pf $30 or more to the DNR, which goes to helping to preserve important wildlife habitat and plant communities such as wetlands, prairies, old growth forests, and endangered orchid sites. They also buy and improve land for wildlife benefit. The land bought goes into trust.
The new "blackout plates" are also popular.
crit habitat1.JPG
crit habitat2.JPG
I'd rather have the Uncommon Loon! We have several options for special funds in PA also, the PZ - PA Zoo Fund is on our Escape, with a tiger...There is an otter, for RC - Wildlife Resource ConservationRivers, and a train for RR - (railroads, not Ranger Raptors) Preserve Our Heritage, we also have a PC - Pollenator with a butterfly and many others for veterans etc. Extra cost ranges from $40 to $62 and they probably make a lot of money to donate to these special funds. I will say the newer plates have a small picture while the older ones like our Tiger cover the whole plate.

Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 1712438934174-ru

Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 20240406_172751

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Yep, have the loon on my older mazdaspeed 3 and showy ladyslipper on my Escape titanium. Showy ladyslipper (rare protected state flower) is mostly because my land up northern MN has a lot of them - DNR here even pays me to let them do evaluations of my properties to help determine which parcels are best for selective logging of older trees to help the newer ones.
Most likely will do the uncommon loon - I help build floating nesting sites that are safer from predators near my lake home.
OK, done with the somewhat off-topic stuff for a while lest I get even more annoying to others here.

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
I swapped the stock antenna with the little Stubby. Then drove her to Austin where we'll be for the next week.
Sponsored