• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

What sells you on the XLT compared to the Lariat

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SCREW STX SE
Occupation
machinist
That's what we get down here too..but also not what I was asking.. he used the points towards the new purchase.. and I'm just trying to see what the 'exchange rate' is for that..
Is there a sliding scale for points depending on how you use them?
When I bought my '21, 40,000 points were equivalent to $210 in service or accessories.

BigDamnHeroes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Is there a sliding scale for points depending on how you use them?
When I bought my '21, 40,000 points were equivalent to $210 in service or accessories.
That's what I was told it was worth for accessories for my 40k from buying the Maverick... The person I originally replied to said they used points towards the purchase of their ranger... that's the "value" I'm trying to find... because $200 isn't worth it from a down payment perspective for using the points..better off saving them at that point..but if it's a larger value when used towards the purchase of a new vehicle.. it might be worth using instead of saving.

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
I see the thoughts of both XLT and Lariat. How do I find the Lane Centering in the build and price? Is it offered on the XLT? I drove an expedition and loved it and would like to have it since we do take road trips every year.

Sponsored

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I can’t disagree with your take either, we’re just 2 totally different purchasers. Your highlights really should be on an XLT high package though I agree. Leave the decades old halogen bulbs & keyed ignition to the XL.

Agreed. But to me those should be standard all models of all vehicles and makes now. Some manufacturers it is.

XLT for me anyway. I hate leather. Leather should be a option.

Reactions: MJE

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I had an 07 F150 Lariat I’d still be driving had I not sold it some years back & shouldn’t have. I’ve been searching for a replacement since without finding anything quite as satisfying. Perhaps the Ranger might be it.

For me it’d be an easy decision to go Lariat. The extra cost spread over 10-20 years (your 08 is 15+ years old now) is minimal. It’s less than the cost of a trade if you wind up unhappy because you’re missing features you may have thought you could do without.

But for specifics here’s the order guide which shows what the Lariat has over the XLT. I’m not sure there’s a line on here I’d want to be without on a car in 2024. I’d definitely choose the advanced tech package if I was to go XLT which narrows the price gap a fair bit.

IMG_5049.png
Agree - was only $3500 more in 2019, but features have been added. I have Raptor on order so that really negates the decision for me, but otherwise features easily worth it IMO.

Reactions: MJE

twintwo3

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Civil Engineer
The Lariat just ain't worth it to me, XLT is a better choice in my opinion. however I will admit my Biggest complaint about the XLT is the lack of pushbutton start/intelligent key access. The fact this is not even available as an option on the XLT just kills me. Its 2023 common Ford... this should absolutely be standard equipment. I mean ffs my 10 year old fusion has push to start.

I like the XLT more because I don't care about projector headlights, I have never wanted a heated steering wheel, I prefer cloth seats over leather, the XLT's wheels look WAY better than that Lariat Wheels, The Lariat's 12" instrument display just looks better but serves no other functional purpose, and the additional dash storage in the Lariat is way to small to be useful for much.

Last edited:

Lexx

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I see the thoughts of both XLT and Lariat. How do I find the Lane Centering in the build and price? Is it offered on the XLT? I drove an expedition and loved it and would like to have it since we do take road trips every year.
I believe its part of the tech package
Sponsored