• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Why did Ford not offer this version of the Ranger here in the states its just a what are they thinking up there in Dearborn.

PawnX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I'm going with the Raptor for now. But should they come up with a 2.7l v6 tremor that's a good package, I'd likely jump to it. More versatile and practical as daily truck. Have a 21 tremor now.
Yep, I want more towing than the Raptor offers.
Sponsored

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
Hereā€™s hoping a 2.7 Tremor is available as a 2025 model. More affordable than the Raptor and more capable than any FX4. Australia gets the Wildtrack, hopefully we will get the same truck as the Tremor.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Ford needs to bring this Ranger Platinum to the states it is the best looking Ranger period. I would buy this in a New York minute over the Ranger Raptor. Ford could even offer the 3.0 in this Ranger Platinum here in the states and that would be just epic. If you watch the video you see rear air vents, grab handles at every door opening, heat and cool seats and Auto 4wd. I will never figure out why NA Ford mangement did not bring this model and its features over here in the states. Why did they delete the grab handles and rear air vents its one of those things where you ask yourself what are they thinking up there in Dearborn. I think NA Ford really needs to take a hint because they really are not in touch with what we want in our vehicles. Who ever thought we wanted a cubby hole instead of rear air vents needs to be fired. This person needs to go and they are really not doing you any favors Ford by keeping them on the payroll. The Everest would also do great here it would out sell the Explorer 2 to 1 I bet. The over sea market dont have the stupid rear anteena.
1) No manufacturer offers all iterations from launch. A given model will be available for 4-7yrsā€¦certain features take time, have to run through all sorts of legal/engineering/accounting hurdles. And then thereā€™s consumer interest. Thatā€™s why different paint colors come out at different times, to maintain and/or increase product interest.

2) As others have said, thereā€™s more profit in the F150 most likelyā€¦so crossing over too far would shifts sales to Ranger over F150. That reduces profits. That bothers shareholders. Want something more luxurious? Step up. Want something more sporty? Rangerā€™s your bag. No one vehicle can be all things to all people.

3) What works in another country, sales wise, isnā€™t guaranteed to work in the US. Plenty of brands & models are world-beaters overseas and canā€™t make inroads into the US. Same with Mustang & full-size pickups overseas regardless of how good it may actually be. Different strokes for different folks.

I would argue though than Ford splits too SUV-type-hairs here in the US. I think Escape & Bronco Sport are two sides of the same coin. Same with Explorer & Edge. Bringing the Everest here as the new Explorer would probably reduce global manufacturing costs; theyā€™ve already federalized the chassis with the Ranger & Bronco. Then lost the Escape & Edge.

Last edited:

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
Is it wrong that I want a Ranger Raptor Platinum. lol šŸ˜†

If I could make my own pkg that would be it.
ā€˜I would want everything Ranger Raptor outside and mechanically, only with this platinum interior on the inside.

This platinum interior has heated and cooled seats, and those materials are looking 100% on point.
Love that interior. And best of all, no orange accents.

Ford Ranger Why did Ford not offer this version of the Ranger here in the states its just a what are they thinking up there in Dearborn. IMG_4455

Reactions: MJE

Sponsored

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like there are left hand drive versions of the Ranger Platinum.
ā€˜That tells me the parts are already designed and in use.
Inc. cooled seats and rear vents.
Very nice.

Reactions: MJE

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Well at least the tail lights are the same as ours only light up on the top. :LOL: Wish we had the Raptor ones at least they light up on top and bottom.:like:

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
Ranger Raptor will probably get a high price tag next year if they do bring out the Tremor. Tremor will probably be priced same as current RRaptor. I've seen pictures of both a Wildtrak X and Tremor over seas. Not sure what is different between the two because they are pretty similar in styling.

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
1) No manufacturer offers all iterations from launch. A given model will be available for 4-7yrsā€¦certain features take time, have to run through all sorts of legal/engineering/accounting hurdles. And then thereā€™s consumer interest. Thatā€™s why different paint colors come out at different times, to maintain and/or increase product interest.

2) As others have said, thereā€™s more profit in the F150 most likelyā€¦so crossing over too far would shifts sales to Ranger over F150. That reduces profits. That bothers shareholders. Want something more luxurious? Step up. Want something more sporty? Rangerā€™s your bag. No one vehicle can be all things to all people.

3) What works in another country, sales wise, isnā€™t guaranteed to work in the US. Plenty of brands & models are world-beaters overseas and canā€™t make inroads into the US. Same with Mustang & full-size pickups overseas regardless of how good it may actually be. Different strokes for different folks.

I would argue though than Ford splits too SUV-type-hairs here in the US. I think Escape & Bronco Sport are two sides of the same coin. Same with Explorer & Edge. Bringing the Everest here as the new Explorer would probably reduce global manufacturing costs; theyā€™ve already federalized the chassis with the Ranger & Bronco. Then lost the Escape & Edge.

Agree with these points, well stated. There has to be some optionality as the model progresses and with the 2.7 V6 coming "late" in the first year cycle they may want to save this or an upscale model for yr 2/ yr 3 production run. They will take a look at the sales profiles and find a niche (upscale non raptor) to add to the product line. JP

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See that is what I would expect them to do.
But I am thinking the real sweet spot would be a Platinum Raptor.
A classy Platinum interior with the rest being all Raptor exterior and mechanically Raptor as well.

All I want is that Platinum interior and interior features offered in a Raptor.

I want that Raptor performance of the 3.0L, I want the wide body and the exterior looks of the Raptor, I want the awesome smooth riding suspension of the Raptor.

Then I want the Platinum interior as it was seen in that platinum pkg, and all the luxury features that comes with that interior out of the platinum.

To me the Raptor is the best-looking Ranger, the Raptor is the best performing Ranger, the Raptor is the smoothest most luxurious riding Ranger, I think it deserves at least the option of having the most luxurious interior of all the rangers too.

That would be my idea of the perfect spec IMO.
The Ranger Platinum Raptor.

Don't have to call it that, just make that interior an option on the Raptor and I would be first in line ordering another one ASAP!!!!!!

Sponsored

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
See that is what I would expect them to do.
But I am thinking the real sweet spot would be a Platinum Raptor.
A classy Platinum interior with the rest being all Raptor exterior and mechanically Raptor as well.

All I want is that Platinum interior and interior features offered in a Raptor.

I want that Raptor performance of the 3.0L, I want the wide body and the exterior looks of the Raptor, I want the awesome smooth riding suspension of the Raptor.

Then I want the Platinum interior as it was seen in that platinum pkg, and all the luxury features that comes with that interior out of the platinum.

To me the Raptor is the best-looking Ranger, the Raptor is the best performing Ranger, the Raptor is the smoothest most luxurious riding Ranger, I think it deserves at least the option of having the most luxurious interior of all the rangers too.

That would be my idea of the perfect spec IMO.
The Ranger Platinum Raptor.

Don't have to call it that, just make that interior an option on the Raptor and I would be first in line ordering another one ASAP!!!!!!
And then this Platinum Raptor would be $70k to start, further blowing the value proposition and further encroaching on the F150 in terms of price/benefit. It doesn't make any sense, at least not to start. Maybe there will be a Ranger Raptor R in the future, maybe not...but if you look at Ford's product portfolio, what you're asking for doesn't make sense.

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And then this Platinum Raptor would be $70k to start, further blowing the value proposition and further encroaching on the F150 in terms of price/benefit. It doesn't make any sense, at least not to start. Maybe there will be a Ranger Raptor R in the future, maybe not...but if you look at Ford's product portfolio, what you're asking for doesn't make sense.
Yea that is pretty much around where I would expect it to come in price wise or at least high 60s.

For me, I have full size HD diesel trucks and have a TRX as a crazy super truck, but for my daily I use my 2 dr Bronco.

Don't much like parking the big trucks in the city when just running around town or going into the office. My Ranger Raptor is going to be taking over as my daily driver, and the Bronco might eventually get sold, not sure yet on that part.

I am just wanting smaller ultra comfortable truck, yet still very capable of truck type task, yet has to be nice looking, has to be smooth riding, essentially all the things my big full-size trucks can and do offer, only in a much smaller package, better suited for city runabout work, yet still very comfortable for long distances travel in whenever needed.

My Bronco does part of that job well, but does not ride very smooth, is not comfortable on longer trips, and lacks a lot of the luxury features I really like.

That is why I am buying my Ranger Raptor.

Just saying I would be more than happy to pay for those added luxuries seen in that platinum model, as long as it had the rest of the truck was still Raptor based.

That platinum as seen in other markets is not going to ride near as smooth as the Raptor does, it won't have the performance of the 3.0L gas Turbo v6 that the Raptor has, unless the US version gets the Raptor's 3.0L which I really doubt it gets more than 2.7L likely standard if and whenever the Platinum gets offered here in the US.

It is really about being the right size truck, without any compromises typically found with most of the mid-size segment.

Your probably right, Ford will never see it that way and will likely continue down the same beaten paths. But just wanted to put my thoughts out there. I maybe alone in those thoughts and maybe the current Raptor I am buying is going to be as close as I can ever get to what I am after.
Sponsored