• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Yeah, I can understand that. Just seems so backwards to me that American company caters to the rest of the world over American consumers, but cash is king in the world we live in. I am just disappointed we are essentially 2 years out from a Raptor release in North America. I wish they didn't even make the announcement.
Ford is a global company, highlighted by the fact that the Ranger is designed and engineered in Australia. Don't fret though, Ford looks after North America first 9 times out of 10. We don't get the F series, or it's derivatives. We don't get the Shelby Mustangs, we don't even get the Mach E (yet). Ford USA put itself first back in the 1990s when Ford Aus. wanted the Falcon and Mustang to ride on the same platform, they said no. That was the last nail for Ford Aus. and building cars.
Sponsored

tfcurranjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
USAF (Ret)
Too bad there isnā€™t a cool shifter option..like an ā€˜electronicā€™ Hurst T-handleā€¦instead of that really goofy-looking computer mouse.

Itā€™s going to be interesting to see what dealers add to MSRP with their unregulated ā€œlocal market adjustmentsā€.

Assuming, of course, that they ever get any in stock.

Last edited:

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
Yeah, I can understand that. Just seems so backwards to me that American company caters to the rest of the world over American consumers, but cash is king in the world we live in. I am just disappointed we are essentially 2 years out from a Raptor release in North America. I wish they didn't even make the announcement.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, here goes. Other manufacturers take a different approach to the North American midsize truck market than Ford does. Ever since the Ranger T6 came here for the 2019 model year it has been the red headed stepchild who seems to be afraid to step on its big brother's toes. Ford wants and needs to protect its cash cow, the F-series. They don't want too many buyers to have an excuse to buy a Ranger instead of an F-150. Think about how they have positioned themselves. They have two plants building F-150s and maybe half of one plant building Rangers with the other half building Broncos. Even if they get a ton of interest and orders for the Ranger they don't have the capacity to build that many. They sold a little over 100k in 2020 but that was before the Bronco went into production. It seems as though they would rather you buy a Colorado or Tacoma than risk selling more Rangers and fewer F-150s. Can you really blame them when they sell maybe 70% as many Rangers as Tacomas while the F-series sells more than seven times as many Tundras?
I was actually surprised when Farley said we were getting the Ranger Raptor but with it being more of a low volume niche vehicle I doubt it will upset the apple cart too severely. An even bigger surprise would be if they added the 2.7L to the Ranger option list.

Of course, as we have unfortunately seen, a lot can change in just one year...

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, here goes. Other manufacturers take a different approach to the North American midsize truck market than Ford does. Ever since the Ranger T6 came here for the 2019 model year it has been the red headed stepchild who seems to be afraid to step on its big brother's toes. Ford wants and needs to protect its cash cow, the F-series. They don't want too many buyers to have an excuse to buy a Ranger instead of an F-150. Think about how they have positioned themselves. They have two plants building F-150s and maybe half of one plant building Rangers with the other half building Broncos. Even if they get a ton of interest and orders for the Ranger they don't have the capacity to build that many. They sold a little over 100k in 2020 but that was before the Bronco went into production. It seems as though they would rather you buy a Colorado or Tacoma than risk selling more Rangers and fewer F-150s. Can you really blame them when they sell maybe 70% as many Rangers as Tacomas while the F-series sells more than seven times as many Tundras?
I was actually surprised when Farley said we were getting the Ranger Raptor but with it being more of a low volume niche vehicle I doubt it will upset the apple cart too severely. An even bigger surprise would be if they added the 2.7L to the Ranger option list.

Of course, as we have unfortunately seen, a lot can change in just one year...
Yeah it is sad for those wanting a midsize truck. I already looked at a Colorado, Frontier, and a Tacoma, and all of them are so dated and terrible. Literally, I am at the point where the first company that releases a new re-design first will get my money. So far, it seems like the Ranger is the only one to be "confirmed."

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Yeah it is sad for those wanting a midsize truck. I already looked at a Colorado, Frontier, and a Tacoma, and all of them are so dated and terrible. Literally, I am at the point where the first company that releases a new re-design first will get my money. So far, it seems like the Ranger is the only one to be "confirmed."
isnt anew 2023 Tacoma, Colorado/Canyonconfirmed as well?
Maybe 2024 MY

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I canā€™t agree more!!! Iā€™m driving a 20 year old F-150 SuperCrew that I bought new. Iā€™ve already decided that all of the full-size trucks are bigger than I want to drive in the big city. Iā€™m not at all interested in the dated midsize options either and certainly wonā€™t settle for any current midsize. Iā€™ve been banking a monthly truck payment to my own savings since October of ā€˜17, so with that said Iā€™m financially ready to pull the trigger tooā€¦. So I waitā€¦. and wait!

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
An even bigger surprise would be if they added the 2.7L to the Ranger option list.
No offence, but why is this even a doubt? It's in the Bronco. Ranger and Bronco share the same underpinnings and the Ranger's sheet metal was redesigned to accept a V6. The biggest surprise will be if Ford doesn't add the 2.7 to the option list.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I canā€™t agree more!!! Iā€™m driving a 20 year old F-150 SuperCrew that I bought new. Iā€™ve already decided that all of the full-size trucks are bigger than I want to drive in the big city. Iā€™m not at all interested in the dated midsize options either and certainly wonā€™t settle for any current midsize. Iā€™ve been banking a monthly truck payment to my own savings since October of ā€˜17, so with that said Iā€™m financially ready to pull the trigger tooā€¦. So I waitā€¦. and wait!
Yep, I am in the same boat. I have the cash to pull the trigger today. Just waiting for a quality product to emerge.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No offence, but why is this even a doubt? It's in the Bronco. Ranger and Bronco share the same underpinnings and the Ranger's sheet metal was redesigned to accept a V6. The biggest surprise will be if Ford doesn't add the 2.7 to the option list.
Non taken. One of the reasons I question Ford putting the 2.7 in the Ranger is that they have never used the same engine in the Ranger as the F-150. Never, and that goes all the way back to 1983. That's a little too long to be just a coincidence. But that was sort of under different management. Hopefully the current team will be a little more flexible. Just the fact that we will finally be allowed to buy the Ranger Raptor is encouraging. In case you hadn't noticed, the 3.0L EcoBoost is also not an F-150 engine.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
I wish they would just release what options will be available. There's some useful bits that can be transferred from the Bronco Wayne assembly line. Would love to see the 2.7L, 7 speed manual, varied Diff ratio's. I just hope the new standard Ranger has a leaf spring similar to the previous Gen Tremor. Ford will most likely limit the options available on the lower trim levels and cab configuration. Like, I will not be able to get a PHEV or Tremor Scab. We will just have to wait patiently. The main thing I wish is that Ford is able to produce the Ranger with no long delays.

Reactions: Doc

Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Non taken. One of the reasons I question Ford putting the 2.7 in the Ranger is that they have never used the same engine in the Ranger as the F-150. Never, and that goes all the way back to 1983. That's a little too long to be just a coincidence. But that was sort of under different management. Hopefully the current team will be a little more flexible. Just the fact that we will finally be allowed to buy the Ranger Raptor is encouraging. In case you hadn't noticed, the 3.0L EcoBoost is also not an F-150 engine.
True, but the engines available back in the previous Rangers wouldn't have enough power for a full size truck.
Ford would not redesign the front of the trucks to accept a V6, just for the Raptor.
Also, if Ford sticks only with the 2.3l, then the upcoming twins at GM will have the most powerful engine available in a midsize, with their 2.7l.
When Fords 2.7 fits in the Ranger, with absolutely zero additional engineering needed, there is no way Ford would sit back and let GM have "best in class".
There is no doubt in my mind the 2.7 will be available. What I can see Ford doing, is forcing you into a Lariat to get.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True, but the engines available back in the previous Rangers wouldn't have enough power for a full size truck.
Ford would not redesign the front of the trucks to accept a V6, just for the Raptor.
Also, if Ford sticks only with the 2.3l, then the upcoming twins at GM will have the most powerful engine available in a midsize, with their 2.7l.
When Fords 2.7 fits in the Ranger, with absolutely zero additional engineering needed, there is no way Ford would sit back and let GM have "best in class".
There is no doubt in my mind the 2.7 will be available. What I can see Ford doing, is forcing you into a Lariat to get.
There was a time when the F-150 had the 4.2L Essex 90Ā° V6 and at the same time the Ranger could be had with the 4.0L Cologne 60Ā° V6. They could have used either one of those engines in both but yet they chose not to.
The 2.3L four is still competitive in the mid-size field. A twin-turbo V6 of any sort in a non-Raptor Ranger would be great but now you're risking stepping on F-150's toes plus your capacity to build Rangers would never meet the demand. It can barely do that now.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I guess only time will tell.
I agree the 2.3 is very competitive. Earlier I was anxiously waiting for the 2.7, but the more I drive my Ranger, the less I really care if I can get the 2.7 or not.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
I looked on the Australian site, Ford Cars, SUVs and Commercial Vehicles | Ford Australia
The 2022 Ranger is going to be released in August. Not sure what Ford is doing with there model info. The site still show's the 2021 Ranger for ordering. You would think Ford would want people to order for 4 month's away in August. That looks like 2023 you will get your first run vehicle in AU. To get a second run vehicle in NA that would be 2025.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
I looked on the Australian site, Ford Cars, SUVs and Commercial Vehicles | Ford Australia
The 2022 Ranger is going to be released in August. Not sure what Ford is doing with there model info. The site still show's the 2021 Ranger for ordering. You would think Ford would want people to order for 4 month's away in August. That looks like 2023 you will get your first run vehicle in AU. To get a second run vehicle in NA that would be 2025.
I really hope youā€™re wrongā€¦ i was thinking since it was released ROW Nov 2021, manufacture May 2022, available Aug 2022 that it would follow a similar release schedule in the NA.
So Nov 22 reveal, May 23 production (per previously released docs), with first models going out August 23.
Sponsored