• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Interior specs?

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Yea that is a good point. I am kind of in the same boat.
we’ll see what happens. My wife also mentioned buying a pontoon lol sooo maybe the mav is out haha
Oh yeah, if you are going to tow something on a regular basis than I wouldn't go with the maverick
Sponsored

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Oh yeah, if you are going to tow something on a regular basis than I wouldn't go with the maverick
We have a small fiber glass fishing boat So i was set on ordering and waiting for a 2023 Maverick. But then saw the ranger release and wanted to wait a bit and see. Then decided I didn’t wanna wait anymore and do a Maverick. Then my wife floated the idea of a pontoon next summer haha she NEVER wants to buy “toys” or new vehicles… sooo i feel like I should jump on this idea of hers lol

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Maverick is a very different vehicle though, not anywhere near as capable as a 4x4 and less capable at the "truck" stuff. But for an occasional hauler of stuff it looks to be great vehicle, and I wished Ford would bring it to Australia as it's a real ute.
Right and I'm not buying to tow things, if someone is towing on a regular basis then the Maverick is not the vehicle for them. What "truck" things specifically is less capable other than towing? 90% of trucks in the states are not going off road. If you regularly go off road I am unsure why you would be looking at it anyway.

I'm always a little baffled when people try to compare that stuff. It's like saying a ranger is less capable than an F150..... yes it is, is a F150 less capable than a F350....yes it is... by definition there are going to be differences between sizes/classes of vehicles..... buy what you want unless it's not going to do what you want it to, then buy up or down based on the want/need

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Right and I'm not buying to tow things, if someone is towing on a regular basis then the Maverick is not the vehicle for them. What "truck" things specifically is less capable other than towing? 90% of trucks in the states are not going off road. If you regularly go off road I am unsure why you would be looking at it anyway.

I'm always a little baffled when people try to compare that stuff. It's like saying a ranger is less capable than an F150..... yes it is, is a F150 less capable than a F350....yes it is... by definition there are going to be differences between sizes/classes of vehicles..... buy what you want unless it's not going to do what you want it to, then buy up or down based on the want/need
Truck stuff is not exclusively towing, in fact I actually meant carrying stuff in the tray. I guess that's a big difference between the Australian Ranger and the US Ranger, in work truck trim ours rival the F-250 for payload (the single cab 4x2 has a payload of 2800 lb). Even the top spec Wildtrak has a 2200 lb payload, significantly more than the Maverick and the US market Ranger.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A bit off from the original question but from what I've seen, Thailand-spec Rangers doesn't come with the E-shifter unlike the Australian and EU Rangers, and only the Wildtrak will have the electronic parking brake. They even include manual transmissions up to the XLT trim. Apparently Southeast-Asia will mostly use the Thai-spec as well.
The specs seem to vary wildly from market to market. In Aus, the E shifter comes with the V6 XLT, all Sport and all Wildtrak models. The electronic park brake is standard on XLT and up apparently.

Sponsored

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck stuff is not exclusively towing, in fact I actually meant carrying stuff in the tray. I guess that's a big difference between the Australian Ranger and the US Ranger, in work truck trim ours rival the F-250 for payload (the single cab 4x2 has a payload of 2800 lb). Even the top spec Wildtrak has a 2200 lb payload, significantly more than the Maverick and the US market Ranger.
It's interesting that you mention this because the maverick although has a smaller area for payload it actually rivals half ton's etc, and in some cases beats them. I'm not familiar with Australian specs but I am going by my area.

You might find this video interesting.

But again, it is quite capable even though different.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
That's a good Video on payload. I wish they did the Dodge Ram trucks. Dodge and Toyota have the rear coil springs. Impressive the payload on the Maverick. That's something to consider when you are putting after market springs on. The frame may not be designed for the extra carrying ability. Speaking of engineering. I found that interesting that the Gen 5 Rangers front axle Dana M 190 Spicer was designed for a maximum 32" tire. I saw members making pre runners with very large tires with the stock axle.

fi9aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Vios
Occupation
Drone operator
The specs seem to vary wildly from market to market. In Aus, the E shifter comes with the V6 XLT, all Sport and all Wildtrak models. The electronic park brake is standard on XLT and up apparently.
Yup. Malaysia recently just launched the new Ranger as well and we don't get the XLS and the Sport. Besides that, there's an XLT and an XLT Plus, the former gets a 6 speed gearbox and the latter a 10 speed. I also spoke to a Ford mechanic today and from what he told me, the 6 speed sounds like a better option in terms of maintenance, if I don't mind lower performance. I mean, I'm not looking to race or jump my truck, haha.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If the Ranger is getting delivered to customers in Australia you would think there would be interior specs by now. I am really interested in the rear legroom on the new Ranger.
I went to a dealer yesterday to suss out the interior space. I can confirm that the cab structure is basically unchanged, and with the seat in my approx. driving position there is no more rear leg room than the outgoing model. Granted I did not have a tape measure, but the cab felt identical in size.

Where there is a heap more room is under the bonnet! The 2L BiTurbo diesel in my PX3 Raptor is one of the messiest installations I've seen, with no spare space in the engine bay for anything. The engineers have had a darn good cleanup in there, and you could almost have a party with all the space now around that engine! The V6 diesel also wasn't bad. I presume the Nano V6 EcoBoost installations will be the worst, purely because of the extra intake piping to each turbo. I'm hoping to get a look at one when I go to the fleet launch day next week.

Hot Runr Guy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Escape, 2019 Edge
I went to a dealer yesterday to suss out the interior space. I can confirm that the cab structure is basically unchanged, and with the seat in my approx. driving position there is no more rear leg room than the outgoing model. Granted I did not have a tape measure, but the cab felt identical in size.
Bill, appreciate the intel regarding the interior. At this point, in NA, I may just order a gen5 Ranger rather than wait on a Maverick. More $$$, but I'll bet it arrives sooner.

HRG

Sponsored
OP
OP

Hmc610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Taurus edge
Well it has been a few months, I was wondering if any has found what are the interior specs?

OP
OP

Hmc610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Taurus edge
I know it’s an old topic, but I have still not seen a thing on interior dimensions.
Interested in leg room, head room, cab width front and rear.
Has anyone seen these published anywhere?

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
That's incredible payload for a mid-size! That probably helps explain why the Rangers cost so much more in AU than they do in the US.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I know it’s an old topic, but I have still not seen a thing on interior dimensions.
Interested in leg room, head room, cab width front and rear.
Has anyone seen these published anywhere?
that's what we're all waiting for! More and more evidence the "reveal" is late May, but as others have pointed out other markets have the production vehicles and presumably specs to go along with them. How hard are you looking? In the meantime just use existing 5G specs and you'll be real close.